Post-Game Talk: Cougar

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Vesey has been awful for a long time. Ill take Wheeler playing his offside over Vesey at this point. He's been as bad/worse than Wennberg.
Vesey has been bad. The entire bottom 6 has been invisible for much of these playoffs. We need some depth scoring especially against Florida. I don't think Wheeler will make much of a difference but I'm ok with any changes the coaching staff thinks can help.

Reactions: McRanger92 and Atax

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I think this bears repeating.....

The Panthers and Bob played a perfect game and we were just one goal away while not playing our best. Had we played more like the 3rd period all game long, we would have broken through their strong D. They are not gonna play that well all series long. Bob doesn't have that many shutouts left in him. I believe if we play our game, with quick decisions they won't be able to handle us. If we had scored on one of our breakaways, we could have stolen this game with a subpar effort.

We'll turn the page and get Rempe in. Opposed to what some have said here, we need help in getting the crowd involved. It's not automatic just because we are in the 3rd round, like some have said. They were quiet most of the night. And another big body to lay out some Cats is like a 2 for 1 deal. Bury a Cat and the crowd will be jumping out of their seats.

Chytil played 9 uninspiring minutes. What will we miss?

I'm not saying we would have won with Rempe last night, we were hesitant, unsure, not decisive most of the game, but what would we miss by playing Rempe? He might even make us gain more confidence, and gives us more adrenaline.

Plus,... did you see Chytil get crushed against the boards at the final buzzer? In a 3 zip game? Was that necessary? You think they don't know he's concussed? That was clear intent to hurt, just like Marchand has said. We need to show them we can be just as mean and nasty. And we have just the fix to play their game,.... better than they can.

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
KAM Fox
Lindgren Schneider
Jones Trouba

would that work? have no clue. Each pair has some size and a person that can potentially move the puck

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
After sleeping on this loss, it still sucks, but I'm not worried. This was the most Rangers thing they could have done. Missed every scoring change, Igor let in a softie, and LaF scored on his own net.

It's best of 7. Win tomorrow, and then come back to NY 3-1 or at least 2-2.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
download (3).jpg

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
You people are candyasses.

Sitting here like "the Rangers are p***yes." Meanwhile, you can't f***ing watch the team lose one game without being a child about it.

There's plenty wrong with the team like any other team, and there's plenty to talk about in the summer.

In the meantime, one game has been played in this series.

And miss me with the "they can't handle it/they don't want it" narrative. They've answered that already.

Forget about the Rangers being ready for game 2. Get your own soft asses ready for game 2 because I'm sick of changing diapers around here.

If you can't handle it, do something else with your time. I'm so disgusted.

Are we hockey fans or are we sitting here watching Degrassi and crying that Jimmy got shot? Grow some hair on your ass.
Rick shooting Jimmy was hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: Machinehead

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Despite the boner Subban had for the Panthers, that was an incredibly tight game both ways and I honestly felt the Rangers were the more dangerous team (albeit very limited).

I will say though, my primary assessment is that Florida is wildly f***ing boring to watch and reminds me of the 90's Devils. Not sure if that was a one-off or how they play all the time, but christ my eyes were bleeding watching last night.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Boston also beat Florida game 1. Dallas lost to Colorado game 1.

I really do not think Home Ice means much this series. We just need to be better and attack/move/play as a team.

btw is there no practice today?

Reactions: Cmox and McRanger92

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I think this bears repeating.....

The Panthers and Bob played a perfect game and we were just one goal away with not playing our best. Had we played more like the 3rd period all game long, we would have broken through their strong D. They are not gonna play that well all series long. Bob doesn't have that many shutouts left in him. I believe if we play our game, with quick decisions they won't be able to handle us. If we had scored on one of our breakaways, we could have stolen this game with a subpar effort.

We'll turn the page and get Rempe in. Opposed to what some have said here, we need help in getting the crowd involved. It's not automatic just because we are in the 3rd round, like some have said. They were quiet most of the night. And another big body to lay out some Cats is like a 2 for 1 deal. Bury a Cat and the crowd will be jumping out of their seats.

Chytil played 9 uninspiring minutes. What will we miss?

I'm not saying we would have won with Rempe last night, we were hesitant, unsure, not decisive most of the night, but what would we miss by playing Rempe? He might even make us gain more confidence, and gives us more adrenaline.

Plus,... did you see Chytil get crushed against the boards at the final buzzer? In a 3 zip game? Was that necessary? You think they don't know he's concussed? We need to show them we can be just as mean and nasty. And we have just the fix to play their game,.... better than they can.

I try to stay off Rangers twitter but the Chytil or Rempe discourse is making me rip my hair out. A lot of people out there believing in fairy tales with Chytil. It's ok to say he's not up to speed, how could he be? Everyone yapping about Florida's physicality like Rempe wont help. The Blueshirts breakaway clowns and their squad of wannabees have lost the plot.

Reactions: ohbaby

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The part that is concerning is not that we couldn’t hang with them. I don’t think that at all. I think we gave away a free game. The panthers generated nothing. We gave them a game. And now it makes game 2 a must win really. The first real must win we’ve faced. Cannot drop 2 at home. So between now and tomorrow night is going to be excruciating and I don’t know how we get Adam Fox ready. But he is actually getting worse which means that injury is not healing it’s getting worse.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
You people are candyasses.

Sitting here like "the Rangers are p***yes." Meanwhile, you can't f***ing watch the team lose one game without being a child about it.

There's plenty wrong with the team like any other team, and there's plenty to talk about in the summer.

In the meantime, one game has been played in this series.

And miss me with the "they can't handle it/they don't want it" narrative. They've answered that already.

Forget about the Rangers being ready for game 2. Get your own soft asses ready for game 2 because I'm sick of changing diapers around here.

If you can't handle it, do something else with your time. I'm so disgusted.

Are we hockey fans or are we sitting here watching Degrassi and crying that Jimmy got shot? Grow some hair on your ass.

If I could like this post twice I would. Lotta talk about this team needing 16-game players but we need more 16-game fans. The Rangers are down a game for the first time all post-season and this place is ready to collectively jump off a bridge.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
We have to be meaner/tougher and a bit faster to beat the Cats . I'm shocked that anyone would say otherwise . LOL....what game are you watching? Some guys in here need to remove the rose colored glasses before posting rebuttals .

I have watched this club for over 50 years .....They need roster infills that are willing to work in the trenches . Brady Tkachuk is a perfect fit for the next 5-7 years for us . He hates losing which does not seem to bother some in here from what I am reading .

There is no way in HELL that we beat this club without a SUPERHUMAN effort by Shesty . He won the last series for us . Anyone want to argue that ? Have fun....I'm going golfing . Maybe if I am lucky....I bump into Turk out there !

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If I could like this post twice I would. Lotta talk about this team needing 16-game players but we need more 16-game fans. The Rangers are down a game for the first time all post-season and this place is ready to collectively jump off a bridge.
Even if they lost this series and it was short, they outplayed a very good Carolina team and showed a ton of guts the whole playoffs. They closed out the Caps which everyone wanted. It's been a good run.

If they lose, then Fox was hurt and we have a couple of holes to fill. Big deal. There's nothing rotten here.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
We have to be meaner/tougher and a bit faster to beat the Cats . I'm shocked that anyone would say otherwise . LOL....what game are you watching? Some guys in here need to remove the rose colored glasses before posting rebuttals .

I have watched this club for over 50 years .....They need roster infills that are willing to work in the trenches . Brady Tkachuk is a perfect fit for the next 5-7 years for us . He hates losing which does not seem to bother some in here from what I am reading .

There is no way in HELL that we beat this club without a SUPERHUMAN effort by Shesty . He won the last series for us . Anyone want to argue that ? Have fun....I'm going golfing .

Coach killer Brady must not hate losing that much considering it's all his team does. Last night was a subpar effort by Igor and he allowed 1 goal off Florida stick. Rangers have too many fans who jump ship at the first sign of adversity so enjoy the links.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

There is no way in HELL that we beat this club without a SUPERHUMAN effort by Shesty . He won the last series for us . Anyone want to argue that ? Have fun....I'm going golfing . Maybe if I am lucky....I bump into Turk out there !
Could have f***ing fooled me. That's all he does.

He gets absolutely no heat for his team, who have talent, not being able to put together even a playoff qualification. He's fragile.

If you want to add winners, don't suggest a loser.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
There are always games lost that could have been won. certainly won a few that could have been losses so far.

My broader point has been I didn’t see anything in game one that should be causing any panic, aside from the fact that we are 1-0 down in the series. Fox’s limitations are bad, bad news and they should consider limiting his minutes more. But beyond that and a 4th line shakeup, I wouldn’t change much going into game two.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Another point on Rempe, if people don't like the low event hockey that plays into Florida's strengths, the best bet would be to put the Main Event on the ice. Something happening is better than nothing and the rangers are good when stuff is happening.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Boston also beat Florida game 1. Dallas lost to Colorado game 1.

I really do not think Home Ice means much this series. We just need to be better and attack/move/play as a team.

btw is there no practice today?
I said this last night. Home ice will have little impact in this series. Both teams have plenty of playoff experience. There will be also be plenty of Ranger fans in Florida. I actually think playing away games has a team play a calmer game as we saw last night.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I said this last night. Home ice will have little impact in this series. Both teams have plenty of playoff experience. There will be also be plenty of Ranger fans in Florida. I actually think playing away games has a team play a calmer game as we saw last night.
I thought we were overall better on the road in both series.

Game 5 against Carolina sucked eggs and same 2 against Washington was our shakiest against them.

We arguably outplayed Carolina all three games there.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
NST had high-danger chances at 10-9 Rangers. I think that's generous on both counts, but either way, it is low.

I'm annoyed because it's mostly the same shit I've been annoyed about all year. Every team has problems. It doesn't make them less annoying after what, game 93?

But yeah, we kinda sucked and they still didn't outchance us. Even Igor sucked and we easily could have won. I think that tells you that it's there.

We do need to generate more. I don't like this matchup for winning a mud fight.
I find it downright DISTURBING how much I agree with you lately.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Well.....it is a discussion forum.....or is it just a rose colored glasses one ? I never saw the monthly guidelines that needed following before posting . I was under the assumption they would be the same year round . If ya don't like it....skim over it . Watching these guys for 50 years + makes one keep an open mind on things .

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Well.....it is a discussion forum.....or is it just a rose colored glasses one ? I never saw the monthly guidelines that needed following before posting . I was under the assumption they would be the same year round . If ya don't like it....skim over it . Watching these guys for 50 years + makes one keep an open mind on things .
Yes because a team 50 years ago, even 10 or 20 years ago, has any bearing on this particular team and coach. This team has plenty of players who can play a physical game and are mentally tough which has been proven all year long.

Reactions: 1Knee1T and AirGut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad