OT: Coronavirus XXIX: Is This Even the Right Damn Roman Numeral? New Measures to Curb Stomp COVID?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
The age 5-10 cohort infections are so low its quite clear children are not contracting this, are not developing this, and countless studies they are not transmitting this. Its another thing Kenney got right realizing that there is far less contagion going on amongst kids in Elementary Schools. More of it in Junior High, or High School. Thus allowing Elementary to continue as is. Brilliant decision, not getting enough credit for being precise, and clinical, and actually making decisions based on the data, at least in that instance. .
I don't know how many kids are contracting it, but I know of two 4 year olds who have Covid right now.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
edit: never mind, sorry I was going off topic!
It’s interesting because he uses stats to show how people’s emotional reactions are very over the top. Sure it will get labeled as extreme right by some...but it’s using the real numbers to highlight how the constant doom and gloom fear mongering is unwarranted.

Reactions: oilers'72

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
then you have a good example of the CBC who is supposed to be non partisan being exactly the opposite, which is an incredibly common daily thing in Alberta. It is interesting how the media is nothing more than a propaganda machine.

I like how instead of addressing the points, you just attack the CBC for being biased. It’s like the UCP Matt’s United.

I get it, this forum is nothing more than a Rebel News comment section, but you are blatantly ignoring the facts of the article.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Crazy. 11 of 50,000 died from covid with no underlying issues. But yeah hey let's just keep locking everything down, economic and financial well-being be damned.

yep 11 deaths out of 50,000 cases were people who didn’t have previously diagnosed serious health conditions. How many people walk around every day without a diagnosed and documented health condition? Yet some people are demanding complete lockdowns for months for everyone like you said.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I like how instead of addressing the points, you just attack the CBC for being biased. It’s like the UCP Matt’s United.

I get it, this forum is nothing more than a Rebel News comment section, but you are blatantly ignoring the facts of the article.
Didn’t take long for you to label everyone as extreme right lol. Just shows you’re not interested in a real conversation. Never read or watched rebel media, I find it quite pathetic, almost as bad as some CBC “journalism”. Instead of addressing the points you just pull out old reliable :laugh:

Did you miss yesterday morning where the CBC was still claiming Kenney was MIA because he didn’t give one of their shows an exclusive Q&A period only hours after doing a couple hour long press conference that included extensive questions?

Last edited:

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Didn’t take long for you to label everyone as extreme right lol. Instead of addressing the points you just pull out old reliable :laugh:

Im not wrong. You aren’t addressing the article, whining about bias, so why should I bother?

You sound like Harrison Fleming here.

Reactions: HK97

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Probably expected that the UCP would not be going as far as the recommendations given.

An obsession about anti-body testing is kind of lame though. That would just be a hope and prayer that it would show something that it's definitely not going to show, that the virus has spread throughout the population in a big way to argue we're approaching herd immunity. Sweden kept doing these tests over and over and it never gave a sniff at herd immunity, then the theories started flying around about hidden t-cell immunity and yadda yadda to keep trying to excuse their approach. That's thoroughly debunked now with Sweden spiking and approaching 60 deaths/day now along with an admission from their government that the 1st wave approach gave no benefit to fight the 2nd, along with heavy restrictions.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Im not wrong. You aren’t addressing the article, whining about bias, so why should I bother?

You sound like Harrison Fleming here.

Like I said it’s pointless for me to address someone’s biased opinion? It even says that the law professor is a staunch critic of the UCP.

“Taken together, they reveal how Premier Jason Kenney, Shandro and other cabinet ministers often micromanaged the actions of already overwhelmed civil servants; sometimes overruled their expert advice; and pushed an early relaunch strategy that seemed more focused on the economy and avoiding the appearance of curtailing Albertans' freedoms than enforcing compliance to safeguard public health.”

That’s their opinion, that’s cool. It’s obviously biased and includes no real information besides the CBC journalists opinion...there’s nothing worth addressing.

Did I miss some law where the CBC has to get every interview they want? And if they don’t they cry like a bunch of babies on social media?

Last edited:

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
yep 11 deaths out of 50,000 cases were people who didn’t have previously diagnosed serious health conditions. How many people walk around every day without a diagnosed and documented health condition? Yet some people are demanding complete lockdowns for months for everyone like you said.
I mean I'm admittedly not the sharpest cookie in the drawer, but it just seems to me that the numbers don't equate to the measures being enacted.

That said, obviously there are countries where extremely heavy lockdowns occured and I don't think multiple governments would go to those lengths without good reason due to the economic repercussions. But it just doesn't seem to add up for me.

Like, we're a year in and have a recorded 1.6 million deaths globally, and it's absolutely tragic and I'm very sorry for anyone here who has been hit by covid related losses, I really am. But they estimate 3.1 million CHILDREN die each year due to undernutrition,and somewhere around 9 to 10 million in all. Due to hunger. Which is something we CAN change. But lock the world down because of covid and it's 98% recovery rate? If this thing had a mortality rate like ebola or something it would make total sense to me.

I understand part of it is to ensure medical facilities don't become swamped. I really do get it, but it just seems off to me.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

CBC? Biased. Lorne Gunther, who would eat Kenney's turds and tell you its good chocolate? Good solid reporter.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Like I said it’s pointless for me to address someone’s biased opinion? That’s their opinion, that’s cool. Did I miss some law where the CBC has to get every interview they want? And if they don’t they cry like a bunch of babies on social media?

Alright, let’s get this out of the way. You didn’t bother reading the article.

You just saw that it’s CBC. So you just went on the biased route (which is funny, because in this post you talk about crying on social media, which is what you’re doing here). You saw that it painted the UCP in a bad light. So you decided nah, it’s an opinion piece so it doesn’t count.

Anything more to add? Cause until you actually sit down, and read the f***ing thing I think there’s nothing more to add.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
It’s interesting because he uses stats to show how people’s emotional reactions are very over the top. Sure it will get labeled as extreme right by some...but it’s using the real numbers to highlight how the constant doom and gloom fear mongering is unwarranted.
edited my post!

I don't care about sides, and the numbers game can be (and is) played by all sides, I just find the partisan media fascinating (like watching a car crash fascinating :laugh:).

Anyhow, I am not going further down this path since I fear it will derail this thread, and I like it open :)

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
CBC? Biased. Lorne Gunther, who would eat Kenney's turds and tell you its good chocolate? Good solid reporter.

guess if it depends if your a fact denier and prefer opinions? Like how you’ve repeatedly tried to deny that home gatherings are a large contributor to Covid spread despite being offered study after study that proves it world wide.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
The CBC piece was journalism, Gunther's piece is opinion. These are not the same.
“Taken together, they reveal how Premier Jason Kenney, Shandro and other cabinet ministers often micromanaged the actions of already overwhelmed civil servants; sometimes overruled their expert advice; and pushed an early relaunch strategy that seemed more focused on the economy and avoiding the appearance of curtailing Albertans' freedoms than enforcing compliance to safeguard public health.”

that’s an opinion. That’s from the CBC article. No facts. Just bused opinions from someone they even admit is a staunch critic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad