OT: Coronavirus XXIX: Is This Even the Right Damn Roman Numeral? New Measures to Curb Stomp COVID?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
The restaurant will make sure that masking and distancing are enforced. Your home cannot guarantee that, and likely won't.
And correct on both points.

While I mostly agree, people can take provisions at home, that a restaurant currently cannot do, and most do not do. For instance we have top of the line Merv filter high efficiency furnace. Uses one of the better filters that can be bought anywhere for hvac. We also run a room hepa filtration air recirculator in any room whenre we have had guests.

I haven't heard of one restaurant anywhere focusing on air quality like we are doing at home. So that I'm much better setup to have guests over (of course we won't) than any establishment I know of.

Pretty sure as well that any restaurant or Bar that invested in the above would be telling people about it, none of them are.

I raise these points because restaurants in pandemic concern era, they need to start thinking about such improvements in air quality, without which all the distancing doesn't really prevent infection. Recirculated air, poorly filtered causes infections and countless studies indicating this for several months.

Its been the recommendation for indoor establishments to be using proper air filtration. it was even before this pandemic.

is it time that restaurants and public establishments could care more about the health of their customers. Both on the menu and the air that they breathe?

How is the air we breathe an afterthought to any of these establishments, most of which will sell you filtrated or bottled water, but don't give a toss about the air you breathe or any contagion roaming about.

Even prior to the pandemic so many studies on how indoor air circulation in public facilities really needs to be improved. its not just distancing.

I'll ask anybody. have you ever walked into any establishment, anywhere, and had it posted on the entry what there merv filtration was. essentially what the air quality of that building is?

The Complete Air Filter MERV Rating Chart - Grainger KnowHow

Why is this so overlooked, still, at the end of pandemic 2020?

A reasonable question, we need answers.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Is anyone who is advocating for in restaurant dining to be closed arguing against also restricting social gatherings within the home?

This argument seems pointless. It's not an either or scenario.

I lost the plot about 3 threads ago. I'm just jumping in occasionally to keep my place in line. ;)

Reactions: harpoon

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Repeat after me kids under 10 don't spread disease. All the school cases I've heard of have been from teachers.

The age 5-10 cohort infections are so low its quite clear children are not contracting this, are not developing this, and countless studies they are not transmitting this. Its another thing Kenney got right realizing that there is far less contagion going on amongst kids in Elementary Schools. More of it in Junior High, or High School. Thus allowing Elementary to continue as is. Brilliant decision, not getting enough credit for being precise, and clinical, and actually making decisions based on the data, at least in that instance. .

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I lost the plot about 3 threads ago. I'm just jumping in occasionally to keep my place in line. ;)

The plot has been a little bit hatfields and McCoys. I lost most of the plot as well. Just when you seem to know whats going down in one of these threads it hits its post ceiling and time for a new one.

These threads are more exponential than the virus is. They replicate thousands of new posts every week now.

The last thread started Monday morning and maxed by Wednesday afternoon.

Hopefully this thread lasts awhile..

Reactions: bellagiobob

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Anyone notice how bank stocks are all climbing back up towards all time highs? Kind of a bummer there was no way to get banks to actually make any kind of sacrifice from all this aside from delaying some mortgage payments while people are being destroyed by not being able to pay their loans. Oh well.

I bailed on my bank stocks just before the US election. Turned out to be a brilliant move. :(

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
The age 5-10 cohort infections are so low its quite clear children are not contracting this, are not developing this, and countless studies they are not transmitting this. Its another thing Kenney got right realizing that there is far less contagion going on amongst kids in Elementary Schools. More of it in Junior High, or High School. Thus allowing Elementary to continue as is. Brilliant decision, not getting enough credit for being precise, and clinical, and actually making decisions based on the data, at least in that instance. .

Do you have a source for this claim?

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Theres research out there, despite what many think.

I ask someone for a source and you assure me there's research. Maybe this is a personal thing, but whenever someone says "there's research," I am immediately skeptical.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Do you have a source for this claim?

Why schools probably aren’t COVID hotspots (nature.com)

Kids, school, and COVID-19: What we know — and what we don’t | AAMC

COVID-19 Transmission and Children: The Child Is Not to Blame | American Academy of Pediatrics (aappublications.org)

Still conflicting views on it. But the 5-10 case counts are very low. Silent spreaders? could be, but theres no proof of that.

But what is known is that most children, this is much like a common cold, they have respiratory infection, but do not appear to dispel viral load the same way as adults or older children.

Being that there is no proof that age 5-10 are spreaders or superspreaders keeping Elementary School open for now makes sense.

Other jurisdictions have seen little difference if Elementary schools ar open or closed in terms of community infection rates.

Last edited:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Why schools probably aren’t COVID hotspots (nature.com)

Kids, school, and COVID-19: What we know — and what we don’t | AAMC

COVID-19 Transmission and Children: The Child Is Not to Blame | American Academy of Pediatrics (aappublications.org)

Still conflicting views on it. But the 5-10 case counts are very low. Silent spreaders? could be, but theres no proof of that.

But what is known is that most children, this is much like a common cold, they have respiratory infection, but do not appear to dispel viral load the same way as adults or older children.

Being that there is no proof that age 5-10 are spreaders or superspreaders keeping Elementary School open for now makes sense.

Other jurisdictions have seen little difference if Elementary schools ar open or closed in terms of community infection rates.

Thanks. I will check these links out.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
I think those little buggers are silent spreaders. Maybe not as bad as the rest of us, but come on, kids have always been germ factories.

NecessaryBitterFlyinglemur-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: oilers'72

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I was on Reddit and seen an Edmonton male with no underlying issues died. He was 40 years old. Some people still think this thing is just fake or the same as the flu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad