OT: Coronavirus XVI: Hey Covid-19, Piss Off Already

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Like I said, dont wear a mask, while somewhat irresponsible given the circumstances, whatever but at the very least, stand where they have those line up markers. I dont get why it's so difficult for some.

Negative freedom demands it. Maybe they would have kept their distance on their own, but since the line is there telling them what to do, they are no longer able to accept doing it :)

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
If we lived in a much more affluent time I'd worry more about the weeds and grass. Right now I'm more worried about my neighbours needing to use the food bank.
We have never lived in a more affluent time.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting

Let's just skip part A and go to part B. :naughty:

none of these tickets will be paid as they are out of jurisdiction. There would simply be no necessity for the Americans to pay these Canadian fines. They should ding people out of pocket, make them pay in cash immediately, from an ATM if necessary. ;) or have immediate court to fine, sentence, and require payment in full.

Or texas boot their vehicles for 10 day and enforce quarantine. Make them prepay 10 days accommodation and insure they do it. They want to leave, they leave without their vehicle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
none of these tickets will be paid as they are out of jurisdiction. There would simply be no necessity for the Americans to pay these Canadian fines. They should ding people out of pocket, make them pay in cash immediately, from an ATM if necessary. ;)

Or texas boot their vehicles for 10 day and enforce quarantine. Make them prepay 10 days accommodation and insure they do it. They want to leave, they leave without their vehicle.

Probably depends if they want to come back one day. If these tickets make some aholes never come back to Canada because they don't want to pay, I think that is still a good thing ;)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
Probably depends if they want to come back one day. If these tickets make some aholes never come back to Canada because they don't want to pay, I think that is still a good thing ;)

I was thinking the same thing, that is the only benefit served. Its not clear borders would have the fines on the system anyway, but its a possibility. I mean it depends how far the authorities can, will, take it. Do they go enforcement or third party collection? Most times you just write if off as its clear you're not getting the fine money. But its why the paper fines are about as significant as doing nothing. Basically the extent of it is pulling these people over and giving a lecture. They probably lol and burn the fines in the next campsite they stop in after stopping up to get more booze.

Like I say Texas Boots. Why not? What stops that from occurring. These people represent a danger.

The 1200 buck fines seem more to placate the concerned Canadians into thinking that this is being meaningfully addressed.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
We have never lived in a more affluent time.

Ill let the family three doors down from here who had their household income demolished by covid19 that this is the case. I am sure they will find it comforting.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Ill let the family three doors down from here who had their household income demolished by covid19 that this is the case. I am sure they will find it comforting.
There is no doubt there is hardship going around. Retaining perspective in trying times helps you get out of them,

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
I was thinking the same thing, that is the only benefit served. Its not clear borders would have the fines on the system anyway, but its a possibility. I mean it depends how far the authorities can, will, take it. Do they go enforcement or third party collection? Most times you just write if off as its clear you're not getting the fine money. But its why the paper fines are about as significant as doing nothing. Basically the extent of it is pulling these people over and giving a lecture. They probably lol and burn the fines in the next campsite they stop in after stopping up to get more booze.

Like I say Texas Boots. Why not? What stops that from occurring. These people represent a danger.

The 1200 buck fines seem more to placate the concerned Canadians into thinking that this is being meaningfully addressed.
You mean I didn’t have to pay the fines I got speeding in the us?

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
There is no doubt there is hardship going around. Retaining perspective in trying times helps you get out of them,

I suppose my perspective is that while the overall state of humanity is high, it can be relatively low at this current moment in time. Things are far from roses relative to where they have been in society for a very large number of people.

For me that means that things that might have held importance during those better times, like cutting the grass perfectly, take a backseat to addressing those more basic needs.

As we can see there are some who are in positions of privledge currently where grass cutting is still something they can remain focused on. They are fortunate. That is not the case for a much higher percentage of people currently.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I suppose my perspective is that while the overall state of humanity is high, it can be relatively low at this current moment in time. Things are far from roses relative to where they have been in society for a very large number of people.

For me that means that things that might have held importance during those better times, like cutting the grass perfectly, take a backseat to addressing those more basic needs.

As we can see there are some who are in positions of privledge currently where grass cutting is still something they can remain focused on. They are fortunate. That is not the case for a much higher percentage of people currently.

Wasn’t the discussion about the city not cutting the public area grass, and not whether people who have lost their jobs should be cutting theirs?

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton

I have been under the grinding wheel for years, about 20, so I can commiserate. That time helped me decide who I was.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I have been under the grinding wheel for years, about 20, so I can commiserate. That time helped me decide who I was.

Hopefully this time of covid19 which has exposed so many weaknesses, can lead to some good changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad