OT: Coronavirus XVI: Hey Covid-19, Piss Off Already

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I have a 4x4. Don't need winter tires. ;)

Pssh. Get a "real" vehicle.

18s46yq2d1vvdjpg.jpg

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yes, in a perfect non-covid19 world with no pressure on internal budgets and lots of staff running around, mowing this stuff would be a no-brainer. Now the math on what things get done is pretty messy.

For many people they need to know the city is going to pull water from a rock to make sure they can get to work on time via public transit, or will have a functional fire department that can keep them safe. Keeping the dandelions trimmed is not anywhere near their radar. Just different perspectives.

Now, all of that said, I don't have any allergies, so I suppose one could say I am privileged in that way as well!

The bottom line is that services still need to happen. Outside of power, natural gas, water, wastewater, fire, police and health, this is up there. Allergies could lead to more infections, anxiety for those that have them wondering if they are falling ill, pests, etc. What % of unemployment do you guys have up there right now? The equipment is bought and paid for so it just takes the operators to get it done. Better to have them working than collecting $ from home IMO.

Definitely privileged! Now I am downright pissed at you! :madfire:

;)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The exposed aggregate slab and stone blocks has probably been pushed up by the roots of an entitled and privileged tree. Hopefully its your privileged tree in which case you can deal with the tree and roots and not a neighbors tree in which case you can't. Even complete 5-6 inch pour slab driveways can buckle with tree roots. Our garage is having that, among other probs.

Those damn Karen trees!

Reactions: Drivesaitl

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
The bottom line is that services still need to happen. Outside of power, natural gas, water, wastewater, fire, police and health, this is up there. Allergies could lead to more infections, anxiety for those that have them wondering if they are falling ill, pests, etc. What % of unemployment do you guys have up there right now? The equipment is bought and paid for so it just takes the operators to get it done. Better to have them working than collecting $ from home IMO.

Definitely privileged! Now I am downright pissed at you! :madfire:

;)

The workers still need to be paid to do that job, and only so many dollars to go around. Of course, for those who feel killing weeds is important, they will think redirecting their funds there is key. I personally would rather see those funds go to a ton of other places and think weed killing is borderline frivolous, but it's just a different perspective. Those types of differences in opinion are what make city council meetings so exciting!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The workers still need to be paid to do that job, and only so many dollars to go around. Of course, for those who feel killing weeds is important, they will think redirecting their funds there is key. I personally would rather see those funds go to a ton of other places and think weed killing is borderline frivolous, but it's just a different perspective. Those types of differences in opinion are what make city council meetings so exciting!

@Drivesaitl should just start firing snot rockets at the council and tell them that this is their doing for not cutting the damn grass!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
d24f27f87b6ab2b3f3597f47240fd473.jpg

You wouldn't say no to being in the middle. ;)

Whos the huggable brunette on the left..?

Supergirl on the right looks like her face is broken in a punchup. The only thing I'd want to do for her is part her hair from a distance. That weird hair going over the part is bothersome.

This is the pc family version of what I wanted to say.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Whos the huggable brunette on the left..?

Supergirl on the right looks like her face is broken in a punchup. The only thing I'd want to do for her is part her hair from a distance. That weird hair going over the part is bothersome.

This is the pc family version of what I wanted to say.

I think you're going senile. ;)

Also, what are the odds Trump gets coronavirus from one of these rallies/visits he's doing this week?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think you're going senile. ;)

Also, what are the odds Trump gets coronavirus from one of these rallies/visits he's doing this week?

Both Trump and Biden are in the higher risk age bracket. Hopefully COVID doesnt decide who the President will be.

Reactions: McBeastMode
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad