Confirmed with Link: Corey Perry on waivers for purpose of contract termination (mod warning: no direct speculation at this time)

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
distrokid.com
Don’t even really care to know what happened. Terminate and move on. Doesn’t even really matter.

Agreed. Here's the thing though. Especially after the Hawks other scandal, and similar to the Angel Reese situation at LSU (see above), the longer it's a mystery the more media scrutiny there will be. That's not good for the Hawks.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
The thing is people have a pretty short attention span and give this a week or two and it slides back further and further with each passing day.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
“A source told ESPN's Emily Kaplan that Perry indeed traveled with the team to Columbus last Tuesday, a day before the game, and an incident occurred that day involving a team employee.”

Has a certain lady been a part of the broadcast since that game? I haven't watched much, but she seems to have not been around lately.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013

Agreed. Here's the thing though. Especially after the Hawks other scandal, and similar to the Angel Reese situation at LSU (see above), the longer it's a mystery the more media scrutiny there will be. That's not good for the Hawks.
What isn't good for the Hawks is getting caught up in legal issues for violating privacy. They are protecting the identity of the employee. Also, they are probably concerned for Perry's family too.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I won't get into the alleged new rumor going around about that team employee but I will say this and I posted this in the main board thread about Perry.

I hope Bedard's family files a lawsuit but I will understand if they will just keep in the shadows for their son. It's ridiculous an 18 year old KID has to now step on the ice with opposing fans heckling him for a bullshit LIE of a rumor (starting from Vancouver no less.. hmm.. wonder why) and people laughing about it because they hate the Hawks or are butthurt Bedard got drafted here. They can all go to hell.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
We still don’t know what the hell happened in the Bears/Allan Williams thing. That’s a different dynamic though. It was quickly overshadowed by more important talk about Fields, Flus and draft picks. Then we have the RB coach. That all disappeared

This is much different. A team that has had major, umm, pr issues and needs to be restored. They have a very short leash in the court of public opinion. And this is beyond bizarre. A 38 year old player who has been in the league for 100 years with no issues doesn’t even last 20 games? And it’s an internal thing that causes the GM to choke up on stage at the presser? That’s a really big deal. I think they need to be a bit more upfront but there are likely legal/nda implications on all sides. The info getting out and/or statement doesn’t need to be super specific but it does need to be less generic. For any other team, that might be sufficient but for the Hawks and the recent scandal, it needs more.

The real story likely will come out and I really hope it doesn’t shed a bad light on the Hawks

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
What Corey Perry the Pudwhack did to get himself fired from the Hawks is a reflection of him and not Davison or the Blackhawks. He did this to himself and likely ended his career.

Reactions: Pez68

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
That doesn't make the thing die. The rumor rumor... people talk like this wasn't even a Dumb joke made immediately. There's no rumors, it's nonsense. But joke 1 whenever a NHL has some known conflict is, oh slept with the wife/family. It's dumb and there's nothing real to deny.
LOL. You don’t know Connor Bedard very well. You think he hasn’t heard vile BS from opposing fans on and offline as a generational talent? He lets his hockey do the talking. He’s a competitive SOB well taught by his parents. I guarantee that kid will shove it back to the idiots on the ice. That is what separates Bedard from the rest. He has a bit of that same competitive nasty who has a statue outside the United Center

Furthermore, fellow players will stay away from that crap. Even Kevin Garnett had regret after what he said about Carmelo’s wife. As for the fans, there will always be idiots who say vile crap. I’m certain his parents equipped Connor to handle the BS. I’m not worried about Bedard. Not one bit. He'll just use it as motivation.
yeah, guess unless you’ve played high level
you can’t really appreciate what it’s like out there -on the ice . Hockey culture is improving but still long way to go..
Best news is ..the initial rumour appears on way to being debunked .

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
"huhuh female anchor for hawks, her name is Chelios, she wears makeup, huuhuh so obvious"

again, just vile (and frankly f***ing lazy) misogyny
Not sure how this latest one is misogyny. The report is a team employee, she's a team employee. People are going to speculate which employee it is, and it's likely they'll speculate it's a woman.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
We still don’t know what the hell happened in the Bears/Allan Williams thing. That’s a different dynamic though. It was quickly overshadowed by more important talk about Fields, Flus and draft picks. Then we have the RB coach. That all disappeared

This is much different. A team that has had major, umm, pr issues and needs to be restored. They have a very short leash in the court of public opinion. And this is beyond bizarre. A 38 year old player who has been in the league for 100 years with no issues doesn’t even last 20 games? And it’s an internal thing that causes the GM to choke up on stage at the presser? That’s a really big deal. I think they need to be a bit more upfront but there are likely legal/nda implications on all sides. The info getting out and/or statement doesn’t need to be super specific but it does need to be less generic. For any other team, that might be sufficient but for the Hawks and the recent scandal, it needs more.

The real story likely will come out and I really hope it doesn’t shed a bad light on the Hawks
It's a shame one of the O6 teams are taking this beating, considering the great history Chicago has, but it seems they are bringing this on themselves in light of the complete SNAFU they almost got out of.

My guess is, perry might have done something as innocuous as some disparriaging comment towards an employee, but the employee escalated right away and filed.. given the history, hawks had no choice but to come down hard on him..

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Starting a rumor involving Bedard's mother might have been done to throw a wrench in to his inaugural season. As if a lack of productive teammates to play with didn't put him behind the 8 ball already.

I mean seriously guys, does anybody with a functioning frontal lobe honestly think that his mother would do such a thing? For the love of god people. :banghead:

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
It's a shame one of the O6 teams are taking this beating, considering the great history Chicago has, but it seems they are bringing this on themselves in light of the complete SNAFU they almost got out of.

My guess is, perry might have done something as innocuous as some disparriaging comment towards an employee, but the employee escalated right away and filed.. given the history, hawks had no choice but to come down hard on him..
Perry's silence on the situation is deafening. It doesn't appear criminal, but it's not like Perry's team is pushing back on the Hawks decision to terminate his contract/buyout. It was probably more than something that escalated from disparaging remarks. Perry most likely clearly crossed the line and violated team rules.

Hawkster

It's on.
Aug 2, 2005
Starting a rumor involving Bedard's mother might have been done to throw a wrench in to his inaugural season. As if a lack of productive teammates to play with didn't put him behind the 8 ball already.

I mean seriously guys, does anybody with a functioning frontal lobe honestly think that his mother would do such a thing? For the love of god people. :banghead:
It wasn't to throw a wrench into his season, it was a butthurt fan from Vancouver who started it because he can't handle the fact that Bedard is a Blackhawk.

That's all it takes for morons to pile on. And they did. Not a single brain cell between them.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Perry's silence on the situation is deafening. It doesn't appear criminal, but it's not like Perry's team is pushing back on the Hawks decision to terminate his contract/buyout. It was probably more than something that escalated from disparaging remarks. Perry most likely clearly crossed the line and violated team rules.
There's a good reason for that.

Reactions: themilosh

Blackhawksfirecoach

Oct 20, 2021
Not sure how this latest one is misogyny. The report is a team employee, she's a team employee. People are going to speculate which employee it is, and it's likely they'll speculate it's a woman.
the Hawks have many female employees. it's the fact they're speculating a *specific* woman, with nothing to back it up, and likely just because she's on TV and related to a famous (male) player.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
This is the problem with dismissing one rumor. The internet will just make a new one up.

Maybe it is something regarding Chelios. You could realistically argue it's any Hawks employee (outside of the team) that was in Columbus that day. Especially seeing as we have no confirmation that this was sexual in nature. So will the internet just go from employee-to-employee hoping the Hawks will narrow it down by constantly dismissing rumor after rumor? Is Mike Gapski next on the list?

It honestly doesn't f***ing matter who the victim is. Perry was the perpetrator of whatever happened. He's the bad guy in this. And I hope whoever had to put up with this feels like the Hawks had their back.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

It's not innocuous whatever he did. He's losing three million dollars over it.

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
Reading social media in regards to Perry makes me feel like I'm in the real world version of Idiocracy....I think we're at the current low water mark when it comes to common decency and intelligence amongst first world citizens and the evidence is everywhere constantly.

We're dealing with your mom/Stifler jokes in 2023

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Reading social media in regards to Perry makes me feel like I'm in the real world version of Idiocracy....I think we're at the current low water mark when it comes to common decency and intelligence amongst first world citizens and the evidence is everywhere constantly.

We're dealing with your mom/Stifler jokes in 2023
Social media has provided an open and public place for all the morons to congregate and openly share their stupidity and ridiculous ideas/beliefs. It's not shocking that we see what we're seeing, honestly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad