Confirmed with Link: Corey Perry on waivers for purpose of contract termination (mod warning: no direct speculation at this time)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Everyone has said everything that needs to be said but…there is no way that the players don’t know what happened. Of course they know. Davidson is just doing what he should - saying the don’t so reporters don’t ask them. Not only to keep that away from the players but to prevent the players from inadvertently saying something they shouldn’t.
I'd be very surprised if people stop questioning the players, either directly/indirectly....just because of basically a non-statement from Davidson.

Others have said it but yeah it will come out eventually. Someone always talks, especially this day & age. Everyone wants to be that guy who breaks the "real" story.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
They have everything to lose in not being quiet also. Sweeping something under the rug is different than handling a legal matter and not exacerbating liabilities.

Absolute foul on carcillo for talking out of his ass here. Attention whore

his speculation corresponds with a guy on twitter with 400k followers who said hotel bar etc etc etc

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
they just forced two legends out the door and then turned around and said they needed vet leadership and signed a guy they had to terminate before the new year...he did something that made davidson look like he was about to cry, its not a good look for davidson no matter how you put it

Angry, embarrassed... He knew all about the rumors in regards to Perry and Bedard's mom, and that's when he seemed to get emotional. Could be plenty of reasons.

He was probably scared shitless having to give a presser about another Blackhawks controversy in the wake of Kyle Beach. All eyes are on him and the Hawks HAVE to handle it perfectly. He looked like he was simply very nervous with the process, especially being limited in what he could say while being asked the inevitable questions. Not for a second to it appear like he was thinking how the Perry signing would look on his GM resume, at least not to me.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Damn. I bet the guy has an elite Fortnite twitch stream too.
not as good as kbisgood or whatever his name is on here

carcillo probably has a better idea of what happened than anybody on here, just saying, guy played in the league and knows people regardless of what people think about him

• Haha
Reactions: ytsejam

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
He put ketchup on a hot dog.
200.gif

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
Not if they can't, legally. Also... not if it was agreed upon by both parties that they wouldn't.

Just because the public wants juicy details of stuff, doesn't mean they're entitled to them.

I'll never understand the entitlement some people have. They think they're important enough to know everything.
wait what ! You think this is ‘about juicy rumours’ and ‘feeling entitled’?!! Give me a f break ! This is about an 18 yo kid who’s about to step on the ice and for remainder of career be target of some of the vilest trash talk /commentary you could ever imagine . The scrutiny off ice and online will be equally brutal .So screw the ‘both parties agree not to disclose’ . IF it’s not what is being alleged in the rumours .. both parties need to make the rumours go away .

Reactions: shakes the clown

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
wait what ! You think this is ‘about juicy rumours’ and ‘feeling entitled’?!! Give me a f break ! This is about an 18 yo kid who’s about to step on the ice and for remainder of career be target of some of the vilest trash talk /commentary you could ever imagine . The scrutiny off ice and online will be equally brutal .So screw the ‘both parties agree not to disclose’ . IF it’s not what is being alleged in the rumours .. both parties need to make the rumours go away .
That doesn't make the thing die. The rumor rumor... people talk like this wasn't even a Dumb joke made immediately. There's no rumors, it's nonsense. But joke 1 whenever a NHL has some known conflict is, oh slept with the wife/family. It's dumb and there's nothing real to deny.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
not as good as kbisgood or whatever his name is on here

carcillo probably has a better idea of what happened than anybody on here, just saying, guy played in the league and knows people regardless of what people think about him
Carcillo thinks it has something to do with the mom's trip so no he probably doesn't. He's a moron.

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
“A source told ESPN's Emily Kaplan that Perry indeed traveled with the team to Columbus last Tuesday, a day before the game, and an incident occurred that day involving a team employee.”

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
“A source told ESPN's Emily Kaplan that Perry indeed traveled with the team to Columbus last Tuesday, a day before the game, and an incident occurred that day involving a team employee.”

Must've pulled a Josh Primo

• Haha
Reactions: shakes the clown

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
LOL. You don’t know Connor Bedard very well. You think he hasn’t heard vile BS from opposing fans on and offline as a generational talent? He lets his hockey do the talking. He’s a competitive SOB well taught by his parents. I guarantee that kid will shove it back to the idiots on the ice. That is what separates Bedard from the rest. He has a bit of that same competitive nasty who has a statue outside the United Center

Furthermore, fellow players will stay away from that crap. Even Kevin Garnett had regret after what he said about Carmelo’s wife. As for the fans, there will always be idiots who say vile crap. I’m certain his parents equipped Connor to handle the BS. I’m not worried about Bedard. Not one bit. He'll just use it as motivation.

Last edited:

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013

That’s what I was thinking after what Davidson said, something inappropriate with an employee. I think Perry is done in the NHL, doubt anyone touches him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad