Confirmed with Link: Corey Perry on waivers for purpose of contract termination (mod warning: no direct speculation at this time)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
its a black eye on the org to go through this type of shit again and ultimate its on davidson and hockey ops/coaching staff for players they bring in, foligno clearly good, but davidson was also interested in lucic iirc so...ya know, its his deal and he reports to danny, now danny has his team dealing with brand issues once again and his new franchise player is being entangled in it...
:facepalm:

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
We're crapping on the Hawks PR strategy. Regardless of their response, it was inevitable due to the Beach fiasco. We're going to have to wear it for some time longer.

That said, the process to terminate Perry appears sound. The Hawks appeared to have followed NHL and CBA protocol. Furthermore, Perry did not have any public red flags in his NHL prior to joining the Hawks.

I'm okay if posters want to scrutinize the Hawks for the Beach fiasco. However, let's also note that the Hawks appears to have done the right thing with Perry.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
If Perry isn't fighting this there's a reason.

Yeah and the reason would be that he would have to confront whatever it is the Blackhawks found out that lead them to terminating his contract. Right now he doesn't have to divulge anything and clearly the team isn't going to.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022

Bud I don't get what your issue is. You can only sign players based on the information you have. You can't predict the future and you can't ensure everyone conducts themselves in the way you want/hope.

Perry was a good signing at the time. Lucic, for similar reasons, would have been a good signing. If someone steps out of line, you deal with it and move on because that's all you can do.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Bud I don't get what your issue is. You can only sign players based on the information you have. You can't predict the future and you can't ensure everyone conducts themselves in the way you want/hope.

Perry was a good signing at the time. Lucic, for similar reasons, would have been a good signing. If someone steps out of line, you deal with it and move on because that's all you can do.
Bingo.

My company hired a guy 5 or 6 years ago. Less than 2 months after being hired, he got hammered at a company Christmas party on a Friday night at Gibson's, and hit on 5 or 6 guys' wives...

He was fired Monday.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
they just forced two legends out the door and then turned around and said they needed vet leadership and signed a guy they had to terminate before the new year...he did something that made davidson look like he was about to cry, its not a good look for davidson no matter how you put it

• Haha
Reactions: ChiHawks10

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
they just forced two legends out the door and then turned around and said they needed vet leadership and signed a guy they had to terminate before the new year...he did something that made davidson look like he was about to cry, its not a good look for davidson no matter how you put it
If you keep saying it, it might be true

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
They didn’t force two legends out the door, come on.

Yeah, unfortunately in a hyper reactionary world where people are chronically online it doesn’t look great for Davidson. That’s more an indictment on modern society rather than anything he has control over.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
They didn’t force two legends out the door, come on.

Yeah, unfortunately in a hyper reactionary world where people are chronically online it doesn’t look great for Davidson. That’s more an indictment on modern society rather than anything he has control over.
no contract negotiations with two players that expected to play here forever? what exactly is that..they didn't need to go the foligno (not bad), perry and potentially lucic route (luckily didn't sign)

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
no contract negotiations with two players that expected to play here forever? what exactly is that..they didn't need to go the foligno (not bad), perry and potentially lucic route (luckily didn't sign)

One might never play again, and the other just had fairly serious hip surgery. I don't understand the issue people have with how the Hawks handled Toews/Kane.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I think the point of this press conference was to "protect" the Bedard family and that makes a lot of sense given that the franchise's future depends in large part on the kid.

Reactions: ello and ChiHawks10

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
One might never play again, and the other just had fairly serious hip surgery. I don't understand the issue people have with how the Hawks handled Toews/Kane.
Toews and Kane should have been allowed to retire Blackhawks if that's what they wanted. That's a very legitimate gripe fans have.

In saying that, the reason why Davidson walked away makes perfect sense. Toews and Kane are Chicago icons. If you want young players to be able to come into the room and feel like they can be leaders, it's a lot easier to do without a couple players who'll have statues outside of the UC before the decade is out.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Would this team be in a better place going forward signing Toews (who probably won’t play again) and Kane for an additional 3-4 years? I am not entirely convinced.

Both sides moved on. I guess if you believe Danny wanted them to be re-signed and ceded to Kyle and takes this as his GM going against his original correct wishes, maybe your take is realistic? Lots of speculation there though.

LurkingInTheCup

Feb 18, 2020
My point is that you need cause and whatever Perry did is bad enough for him not to fight it.
Nobody is saying he isn't fighting it. It's a waiting game. That's why, according to his agent, he's taking "time away". Lawyers for Hawks have prolly gone through the case and said this is the action to take here. Now the ball is in Perry's court and it's a wait-and-see game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad