Rumor: Corey Hirsch -" I'm 100% sure Nashville wants to move Subban this summer"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Even though he's declining, with only 3 more years left on his contract he still has considerable value, even though the cap hit is high. I'd love to get something done for Subban

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Reider and Petrovic gone in the summer = 3.85m out. Larsson going the other way in the trade is another 4.16m out. That's roughly 8.1m in cap space. On top of that the cap will increase about 2-3m this summer.

It'd be tight but it definitely works under the cap.
Isn't Subban around 9 in cap hit?

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
A team like the Devils should be ALL OVER Subban. That team desperately needs help on the blueline, and I’m guessing they’re eyeing a playoff spot for next season.

They can’t expect Hall to stay if another season like this happens.

bpower

Aug 21, 2005
Is Subban all that fit? Didn't look all that fit in the YouTube video with Kevin Hart.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It's not the craziest take or rumour.

Nashville has an incredibly deep defense. They are bringing in Fabbro who projects to be an NHLer on the right side.

Subban will have a lot of value, and he doesn't have any trade protection. They could either get some help up front in exchange for him, or they could deal him for a futures based package with a strong ELC/RFA player who gives them a cap advantage, and then use that freed up cap space to go after a top free agent like Duchene who loves country music.

Obviously, when talking about going after free agents, nothing is guaranteed, but Nashville should be a desirable destination for a lot of players.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Feel like anytime I've seen Preds this year Subban has looked real bad.

His mobility has gone to the toilet, I'm not sure if it's age or conditioning or some injury he's struggling with (back?). He looks a bit fat though.

The way the league works though, perception is king and with his pedigree and stature, the price is going to be high. But I feel a team paying that will make a huge mistake.

IDK about Hirsch's credibility here, but it would be smart and logical for Preds to trade him.

Reactions: Fixxer

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I'd take him on the Canucks for second tier assets, as in no Pettersson, Horvat, Boeser, 2019 1st, etc.

Maybe some combination of Virtanen, Juolevi, Goldobin, Hutton, prospects, picks, etc.

Reactions: Ola

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Well to be fair he committed to raise 10 million, he might not have given one single penny of his own money.

Raising money to give to an hospital is equally as good as giving your own money isn't it?

Either way you make an effort for a good cause. Even if you're just using your name to raise money, that's amazing. There is no obligation for him to do that.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Turns the puck over at about the same rate as Josi and Ekholm, but I'm guessing they aren't "turnover machines" in your opinion. People see what they want to see I suppose.

Have you watched him this year? If you honestly think he's been in the same realm as Josi or Ekholm this year you need to go back and watch some games. He's been bad this year, now he's been injured and he looks like he hasn't healed up whatever it is that was bugging him but his play has noticeably declined from the previous two seasons.

That's a no from me.

Both are examples of proposals in this thread. Doubtful either team actually does it, but if we could get half of that Chicago package Subban is on a plane.

Reactions: dk2k

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Isn't Subban around 9 in cap hit?
Larsson (4D to compete with Fabbro) + Manning (short term cap dump) + 2019 1st + B prospect for subban + jarnkrok. Edmonton would probably still want to jettison some cap elsewhere though. Subban would give them a #1 D and someone I think would be a good mentor for their up and coming d (Bouchard and nurse). Jarnkrok gives them a 3C (Nashville has tons of nhl depth just a lack of the high end). Nashville puts Manning in the ahl and saves cap space long term allowing Josi and granlund to be extended and possibly make a pitch for duchene in the offseason.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Raising money to give to an hospital is equally as good as giving your own money isn't it?

Either way you make an effort for a good cause. Even if you're just using your name to raise money, that's amazing. There is no obligation for him to do that.

I would agree that it is a amazing thing either way, I would not say its equal at all though.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If someone on the predators is available, expect Paul Fenton to overpay for him. Fenton must just think the predators have the best team in the world.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
The question isnt money or cap space for Canucks getting Subban. Its whether or not their locker room leadership can handle Subban. That's a team full of young guys.

Who's their leadership group?
Horvat Beagle Sutter ?

That is f***ing moronic.

Skill >>>> Mentorship leadership garbage

Reactions: Menzinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad