Rumor: Corey Hirsch -" I'm 100% sure Nashville wants to move Subban this summer"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
He's always been up and down throughout his tenure in Nashville, Montreal REALLY overrated the hell out of the guy, but this season his play dropped like a stone. He was injured, and may still be injured, but he's been a complete turnover machine. For the majority of the season he's played like a $9M no.4 and we can spend that money to make the team a lot better if we replaced him with an actual no.4 making half of what he does.

If we could get even close to

Saad, Jokiharju, Perlini, and a 2020 1st

Or Nylander + we take that and run right to the bank with it.

Love the guy, but if he doesn't turn it on in the playoffs he or Ellis may be on the block if we're looking at a changeup.

I've discussed it before, but he'd be a great gamble for an Edmonton or a Florida/Arizona like team.
Subban doesn't turn it on for the playoffs??? Huh? 12 points in 22 games 2017 and last year he had 9 points in 13 games

Reactions: LukeLocomotive

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I said IF he doesn't turn it on in the playoffs I could see him or Ellis on the block. He has been great in the playoffs, we'll see if he continues to be.
Oh I misread it. He's always been a playoff machine. I think people saying he's declining is false. He was battling injuries all year and the last 7 or 8 games he looks to be getting swagger back. I have no doubt subban will once again be a beast in the playoffs. I think the only reasons nashville decides to unload subban in the off-season is if they have faith in fabbro and they can get a player hat could boost their top 6.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Vegas would be a team I see him playing with, but doubt it happens as they're bound for a massive cap crunch starting next season and will probably have to trade some guys before signing William Karlsson (if they can for that matter).

Canucks I think is likely because of their cap space and could use him on the right.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
He's probably a better character than the judgmental poster on hf
To be fair. Back in 2012 me and my hockey team from Montreal went to buffalo to watch their practice and met him as he got off. He only chose to give us autographs after the 1 girl who played with « asked » him . Love Subban, but i saw the characters issue then

Feb 19, 2018
I’ve said it all along as the Canucks went hard after him 2/3 years ago at the draft.
He will be a Canuck at the draft this year a la Nonis/Luongo splash as he is exactly what they need in a #1 RHS Power play Dman

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Respected by who...
Habs fans?
Bergevin?
Paccioretty?

As an Oiler fan I have to agree with the Canadian fans on this one . The guys a class act who gives it all for the team . Subban is a class ass and rubs people the wrong way .

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
If you donate $100 and I donate $200, does that mean that I'm a better person than you?

If I donate 10% of my salary to a charity, does that automatically make me a good person?

I mean I'm not sure why I need to explain this, one would think it's just logic but here we go...

Donating money for a good cause, in any way shape or form, and any amount that suits your budget, is a good action.

Making good actions, paired with not making bad actions, makes you a good person.

The end.

I'm not sure why you're comparing two good actions and trying to determine whether one is better than the other, that's completely irrelevant. The initial point of the poster I was replying to is that Subban striked him as a bad person. If Subban strikes you as a bad person and you want to argue about that, fine let's do it. Otherwise you're not adding anything.

PK Subban seems to be one of the most loved and hated player in the league. People either love him or hate him based on his personality while they should judge him on his actions. Very few are actually able to be neutral when talking about him, especially the good old boys club that just hate anyone that has a personality and isn't afraid to show it. If McDavid did what Subban did as "donation" (feel free to call it whatever you wanna call it), there would be f***ing parades in every city in North America for him and every HF poster would be praising him and taking flights to Edmonton just to feed him grapes and wax his shoes. Now, because it's Subban .. Completely different story. People are here arguing whether donating 100$ makes you a lesser person than someone who donates 200$. Absolutely nuts man.

And I know some people here are just TRIGGERED whenever they hear something positive about Subban. This thread just further proves that and honestly it's just the funniest thing seeing people scramble trying to spin everything he does into a negative.

Last edited:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
If the Preds flame out of the playoffs early, yeah...i could see Subban being the piece they want to move to rejig their team composition. Until that happens though...nah...

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The idea of him moving is simply a hockey move, anyone coming out with this garbage of locker room, tired of him, blah blah is barking up the wrong tree.

Whoever reported this is several months behind the Preds board where we've been discussing moving him because as it looks someone is going to need to be left unprotected so you might as well get something for him. Ellis has had the same talk about him as well.

None of it because he has " worn out his welcome ".

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
More proof that Subban is the most annoying / obnoxious locker-room presence this league has possibly EVER seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad