Rumor: Corey Hirsch -" I'm 100% sure Nashville wants to move Subban this summer"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
There's much cheaper ways to get good PR than the millions he plans on giving to the MCH.
If it's him giving, why shouldn't the fact that the charity is behind schedule affect his public persona?
If it's not him giving, is it disingenuous to constantly bring up the fact that he's giving?

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
It's the NHL. They have the most vanilla personalities of all pro sports in North America.

NHL is a proper, business like league that can't handle anything that is slightly different than what they are use to.

Look at Carolina this year. Team gets noticed for doing something and they get called out for being stupid and they end their celebrations.

You can't look at your homerun without pissing off a pitcher or celebrate a touchdown *too much* without being penalized for it. This isn't just an NHL problem.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
I think he still visits whenever the Predators are in town, other than that I don’t think so. I love Subban’s character and what he does off the ice. I just find it suspicious that whenever he’s around there’s “locker room problems”

If you follow him on social media he is in Montreal quite a bit during the offseason He runs a hockey school every summer in Montreal. The proceeds from it go to his charity. He also hosts an annual gala for the Montreal Children's Hospital.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
It's the NHL. They have the most vanilla personalities of all pro sports in North America.

NHL is a proper, business like league that can't handle anything that is slightly different than what they are use to.

Look at Carolina this year. Team gets noticed for doing something and they get called out for being stupid and they end their celebrations.

They didn't stop doing because they got called out on it...they stopped it because it was nearing the playoffs and they wanted the team to focus on that.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
They didn't stop doing because they got called out on it...they stopped it because it was nearing the playoffs and they wanted the team to focus on that.
Why even stop? Had a better year than most expected, should just continue

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
I would love to take advantage of Nashville by stealing Subban from them, but there is practically zero chance Poile, who leads probably the best front office in the NHL, is actually considering this.

In reality, this is just some bullshit.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He had a bad year, but I wish we could afford him in Edmonton, but we can't with McDavid and Draisaitl's contracts, and the plethora of junk contracts that we have to deal with.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
If it's him giving, why shouldn't the fact that the charity is behind schedule affect his public persona?
If it's not him giving, is it disingenuous to constantly bring up the fact that he's giving?

Well it's both. It was reported that he personally makes up for a portion of the $10mill and his charity makes up the remainder. I'm not seeing your point.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Subban is a good marketing tool. He has a loud personality and energetic.

Unfortunately his hockey play is not worth $10m a season. If someone take him it will be purely a PR move.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I bet he ends up playing for atleast two more teams in the NHL before he is finished. Players of his talent shouldnt be moving as often as he likely will.

You're basing your opinion on how much other players don't like him by telling us how many times you think he's going to be traded. :laugh:

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
How would Oilers have the caproom?
Reider and Petrovic gone in the summer = 3.85m out. Larsson going the other way in the trade is another 4.16m out. That's roughly 8.1m in cap space. On top of that the cap will increase about 2-3m this summer.

It'd be tight but it definitely works under the cap.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The Preds are high on Dante Fabbro and he's looked good in first few NHL games, even scoring a really nice goal. Eventually, one of the top 4 defensemen will be traded to make room for Fabbro in the top 4 and to allow them to protect him in the expansion draft. This Summer might be a little early, since he hasn't proven that he's ready for the top 4, but I could see Poile listening to offers for Subban... and not because they're unhappy with him, but simply because his contract is the most expensive.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
But why mess with something that worked all year?

So teams should use their backups for a 1/4 of their playoff games as well? And maybe they shouldn't play their top 2 dmen for 30mins/game? No, cuz playoffs.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
The Preds are high on Dante Fabbro and he's looked good in first few NHL games, even scoring a really nice goal. Eventually, one of the top 4 defensemen will be traded to make room for Fabbro in the top 4 and to allow them to protect him in the expansion draft. This Summer might be a little early, since he hasn't proven that he's ready for the top 4, but I could see Poile listening to offers for Subban... and not because they're unhappy with him, but simply because his contract is the most expensive.

Well I think based on contract and actual performance, Ellis should go.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
He's always been up and down throughout his tenure in Nashville, Montreal REALLY overrated the hell out of the guy, but this season his play dropped like a stone. He was injured, and may still be injured, but he's been a complete turnover machine. For the majority of the season he's played like a $9M no.4 and we can spend that money to make the team a lot better if we replaced him with an actual no.4 making half of what he does.

If we could get even close to

Saad, Jokiharju, Perlini, and a 2020 1st

Or Nylander + we take that and run right to the bank with it.

Love the guy, but if he doesn't turn it on in the playoffs he or Ellis may be on the block if we're looking at a changeup.

I've discussed it before, but he'd be a great gamble for an Edmonton or a Florida/Arizona like team.

Turns the puck over at about the same rate as Josi and Ekholm, but I'm guessing they aren't "turnover machines" in your opinion. People see what they want to see I suppose.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Truth is people said that at this point Subban should of still been elite while Weber on the hard decline.

Weber is still the surperior D and from the look of it, Subban seems to be the one who lost a step. His current value is probably a good prospect, a first and a roster player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad