Rumor: Corey Hirsch -" I'm 100% sure Nashville wants to move Subban this summer"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
If you donate $100 and I donate $200, does that mean that I'm a better person than you?

If I donate 10% of my salary to a charity, does that automatically make me a good person?
doesnt make him a bad person....means hes doing a good thing. doing good things seems to align with being a good person.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Subban is a great person. During his tenure with the Bulls he was always great with my autistic cousin. He’s also reached out to many young players about racism and other issues. I’m always surprised to see rumors of attitude issues and can’t really think of why.I guess it could be because of his colorful personality and showmanship that alienated the “Good ol’boys” of the NHL. He has a large personality that wouldn’t look out of place within the NFL or NBA vs the NHL culture wise.

As for Toronto, I’d certainly take a flyer on him. He’s having a down season(which I think is exaggerated by some on here, a down season for Subban means he’s not a Norris contender, he’s still a solid defender) and is a little older than I’d like but he’d fit in with Tavares and Kadri age wise. We’d need to move cap to make it work though. Nylander is the most obvious piece but even then we wouldn’t be able to afford him and Marner without getting rid of Zaitsev or Marleau in a separate deal.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
doesnt make him a bad person....means hes doing a good thing. doing good things seems to align with being a good person.
I don't think the two should be conflated. Like you said, its a good thing. Thats about all we can draw from it. Just like we wouldn't say players who don't donate are all bad people, we can't say that those that do are automatically good people.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I'm not a Subban fan but you're wrong. His org is on track. I'm not sure what comes out of his pocket but moot point. 3 of 10 mil raised so far.

http://www.pksubban.com/philanthropy/

End of year 4 is Oct, they were supposed to be at the 7 million mark by that point. So they are about 4 million behind the mark.

Moot point though. The criticism isn't on the success of the charity, it's on how PK exploits it. He stood up and announced that he was donating 10 million to charity and his team later had to clarify that it was a pledge his charity was making. Below is a link of him appearing on the Trevor Noah show this year where he again makes the claim that he personally donated 10 million. Most fans I have spoken to are under the impression that he donated 10 million personally.

The number donated it important too because of how much money is spent on administration. PK's donation does not even cover the cost to run the charity in his name that's staffed and run by his close family and friends.

Again, I have no issues with celebrities making charities and raising money for kids hospitals, I have problems with celebrities out right lying about where the money comes from to make themselves look better. If PK would say I'm interviews that his charity is doing great work and that he's proud of how much the city has been raising in his name, I'd be all over him with praise. Because he takes deliberate attempts of claiming the success as his own good will and his own 10 million, that's why I have my hate on lol

Predators' P.K. Subban talks $10-million donation on 'The Daily Show' - Sportsnet.ca

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Subban’s still a very good player but I think his days as a surefire #1 might be done. Didn’t have a very good year by his standards and that cap hit will be prohibitive for a lot of teams.

I’m sure there’s a fit somewhere but the Preds are going to have to take significant salary back and for a good return it might not be in the form they’re a fan of.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Teams are moving away from those 8 year contracts unless it just makes to much sense. Subban at this point is a 6 to 7 million D man as to relative investment. That assumes he returns to better form next year or two. Teams in need of a top pairing D man like the Av's, Canucks, should consider him at at that cost.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
End of year 4 is Oct, they were supposed to be at the 7 million mark by that point. So they are about 4 million behind the mark.

Moot point though. The criticism isn't on the success of the charity, it's on how PK exploits it. He stood up and announced that he was donating 10 million to charity and his team later had to clarify that it was a pledge his charity was making. Below is a link of him appearing on the Trevor Noah show this year where he again makes the claim that he personally donated 10 million. Most fans I have spoken to are under the impression that he donated 10 million personally.

The number donated it important too because of how much money is spent on administration. PK's donation does not even cover the cost to run the charity in his name that's staffed and run by his close family and friends.

Again, I have no issues with celebrities making charities and raising money for kids hospitals, I have problems with celebrities out right lying about where the money comes from to make themselves look better. If PK would say I'm interviews that his charity is doing great work and that he's proud of how much the city has been raising in his name, I'd be all over him with praise. Because he takes deliberate attempts of claiming the success as his own good will and his own 10 million, that's why I have my hate on lol

Predators' P.K. Subban talks $10-million donation on 'The Daily Show' - Sportsnet.ca

Your post sums it up well.

I think it’s great what he’s done and he should be commended for that. However, people are incorrect when they say he gave 10 million, he didn’t, his charity is collecting donations from the community.

As a player, if this is true, Subban has a very short shelf life with organizations. IMO, He is not worth the 9 mil cap hit. He is a good D but is overrated by many

Reactions: dk2k

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think Subban could actually flourish in Edmonton.
Every time I see Subban and McDavid together they seem to really get along and have a blast.
Edmonton has been looking for a top pairing guy for so long.

Don't see Toronto as a landing spot cause can't see them adding 9 mill to their salary as they would be at what....42mill + for Marner, Tavares, Matthews and Subban?

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Vancouver was interested in him when he was dealt to Nashville. If Benning and Co. are still in charge by the time the draft rolls around and Subban is made available I definitely see them re-visiting the idea.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I think Subban could actually flourish in Edmonton.
Every time I see Subban and McDavid together they seem to really get along and have a blast.
Edmonton has been looking for a top pairing guy for so long.

Don't see Toronto as a landing spot cause can't see them adding 9 mill to their salary as they would be at what....42mill + for Marner, Tavares, Matthews and Subban?
Would be the best team not in the playoffs! :laugh:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Didn't the same "rumor" come out last summer yet he was never moved? I would be very surprised if he was moved this summer especially after an off year.

Reactions: RickP

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Subban's cap is 9 million a year for 3 more years.

Salary breakdown:

$10 million next year
$6 million SB $2 million salary for the remainder

I always figure Subban would like to go to either LA, MN, MTL, or TML.

Nashville's wants, I'm not sure. Most of the needs are depth which can be signed in FA,

Short term (Next year)
At Preds level: Truth, not much. An upgrade for current players would not be worth the trade

Long term (2 years and later)
At Milwaukee level: more is always more. More talent the better.
Pipeline level: More RHD please, and forwards.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Didn't the same "rumor" come out last summer yet he was never moved? I would be very surprised if he was moved this summer especially after an off year.

Yes last year, and also the previous summer, and also the previous summer... And it never comes from the real insiders, always from lesser known hockey people. The only time it came from real insiders was in 2016, when he eventually did get traded to NSH.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I think several teams would gamble on it having been a down year for him. The question is what Nashville expects in return - moving a $9M multiyear contract is tough in the best of times.

What would be the expectation on return if Nashville moved him with no retention and no significant salary coming back?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Can Nashville fans chime in? Has he really outstayed his welcome?

He's always been up and down throughout his tenure in Nashville, Montreal REALLY overrated the hell out of the guy, but this season his play dropped like a stone. He was injured, and may still be injured, but he's been a complete turnover machine. For the majority of the season he's played like a $9M no.4 and we can spend that money to make the team a lot better if we replaced him with an actual no.4 making half of what he does.

If we could get even close to

Saad, Jokiharju, Perlini, and a 2020 1st

Or Nylander + we take that and run right to the bank with it.

Love the guy, but if he doesn't turn it on in the playoffs he or Ellis may be on the block if we're looking at a changeup.

I've discussed it before, but he'd be a great gamble for an Edmonton or a Florida/Arizona like team.

Reactions: deytookerjaabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad