Rumor: Corey Hirsch -" I'm 100% sure Nashville wants to move Subban this summer"

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Didn't I read he is suffering from the same back issues Horton had where it breaks down? Some team is going to pay a kings ransom and then have him sit on LTIR on the back half of the deal.

But if the Leafs medical guys could check him out to see the damage, and they thought it was fine, I would trade for him. Not the exact guy we need but any top pair RD is welcome here. Would bump Zaitsev to the third pairing next year. Dermott slides into the top pair with Rielly.

Rielly - Dermott
Muzzin - Subban
Rosen - Zaitsev

Only thing is not sure how his cheap shot and then run away behind team mates would go here. Refs give the Leafs no breaks and no one is going to fight on his behalf here.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Nylander: 27 pts in 54 games
Liljegren: 1st round mid range pick that has not developed well in his draft plus +1 and +2 years. "Could" develop nicely? You think this going to fool other GM's?
Pick: 20+ range

This only fits for the Leafs. Subban is not trending well cause he had an off year due to playing with a injury. The Preds are not going to trade him for cheap. Keep dreaming. Subban does fit though on the Leafs. If you really want him, you will need to offer up a more serious package.

You aren't serious with this analysis are you? How can you claim one bad year doesn't mean Subban goes for cheap and then in the next breath try to devalue Nylander for a poor year lmao.

And how has Lilly not developed well? For one the Leafs are taking the long term approach to his development which everyone knew was what was needed. He is 19 playing on the top pair in the AHL. He is being asked to play a stronger defensive game and being given similar treatment that Morgan Rielly got when Babcock came in (we know you can score show us you can defend). If he was destroying the OHL people would be hyping him.

And I won't even believe you have watched Liljegren at all because Marlies games are damn near impossible to watch out of market.

And a first is a first. Still valuable.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Subban is still a number 1 defenceman easy. Preds powerplay hurt his point totals this season but he still drove their backend by a decent margin.

Josi had better scoring but Subban was better than him this season - don't hear anyone panicking about him.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Liljegren: 1st round mid range pick that has not developed well in his draft plus +1 and +2 years. "Could" develop nicely? You think this going to fool other GM's?

This only fits for the Leafs. Subban is not trending well cause he had an off year due to playing with a injury. The Preds are not going to trade him for cheap. Keep dreaming. Subban does fit though on the Leafs. If you really want him, you will need to offer up a more serious package.
A bad year for Subban doesn't diminish his value but a bad year for Nylander diminishes his? What? How does that work?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A bad year for Subban doesn't diminish his value but a bad year for Nylander diminishes his? What? How does that work?

I'm saying I not devaluing Subban any more than I am with Nylander. Are you saying Nylander is worth Subban regardless of off years? Nylander, late 1st, and a former 1st not developing to expectations is not good enough.

When Nylander is at his best, he is a top 6 winger. When Subban is at his best, he is a top 10 NHL D man. Nylander+ fits but the additions need to have a grade A asset and it's lacking.

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
He's always been up and down throughout his tenure in Nashville, Montreal REALLY overrated the hell out of the guy, but this season his play dropped like a stone. He was injured, and may still be injured, but he's been a complete turnover machine. For the majority of the season he's played like a $9M no.4 and we can spend that money to make the team a lot better if we replaced him with an actual no.4 making half of what he does.

If we could get even close to

Saad, Jokiharju, Perlini, and a 2020 1st

Or Nylander + we take that and run right to the bank with it.

Love the guy, but if he doesn't turn it on in the playoffs he or Ellis may be on the block if we're looking at a changeup.

I've discussed it before, but he'd be a great gamble for an Edmonton or a Florida/Arizona like team.

That's a no from me.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

so Nylander's off year is significantly lowering his value, but Subban gets a pass. Very fair analysis. Nylander is still more likely to bounce back than Subban is, and has more value going forward

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
1. you have absolutely no clue of who corey hirsch's sources/insiders are.

2. pretty sure thats not how poile operates. he wouldnt sell low because he had a down year. i think hes smarter than that.

Does he have a track record of being correct? Does he even normally report on trade rumors? I looked and I couldn't find much.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
so Nylander's off year is significantly lowering his value, but Subban gets a pass. Very fair analysis. Nylander is still more likely to bounce back than Subban is, and has more value going forward

No. Nylander's off year is not equal to Subban's off year. You are missing the point. Stop trying to use mental gymnastics to twist things into something that only makes sense in your own head.

I fully expect Nylander to bounce back to 60 pts level. But I also think Subban will be a top 10 NHL D man when he gets 100% healthy. This is clearly an off year due to injury

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Hirsh is probably looking at the numbers and can see Dante Fabbro forcing his way into Subban's spot. Also if you look at the contract/roster numbers, I think the plan was to move Subban before the expansion draft.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I wouldn’t want to be the team that pays Subban in his 30’s for what he was able to accomplish in his 20’s. His best years are behind him but his highest paid are ahead.

Would’ve loved to add him 5 years ago.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
If Preds were to trade Subban I'd want a young established top six forward that is close or likely to reach first line status or a cheaper second pair RHD + a bluechip prospect F + maybe another D prospect.

(Not Larsson + Yamamoto)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Off the ice yeah. I haven't heard anyone bash him away from the ice. Plus he's very active in the community and friends with a lot of the BC boys
Isn't Subban active in the montreal community still and he isn't apart of the organization anymore?

Too many hockey people can't handle guys that aren't vanilla who answer questions the same day after day. The NHL needs more guys like Subban and his personality.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If Karlsson doesn't stay in San Jose, I think Subban would be a great fit there.

I don't think the Sharks have enough expendable assets to convince Nashville to trade him to a fairly direct playoff competitor. I just don't see Nashville moving Subban to anyone in the Western Conference.

Reactions: KevinRedkey

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Isn't Subban active in the montreal community still and he isn't apart of the organization anymore?

Too many hockey people can't handle guys that aren't vanilla who answer questions the same day after day. The NHL needs more guys like Subban and his personality.
I think he still visits whenever the Predators are in town, other than that I don’t think so. I love Subban’s character and what he does off the ice. I just find it suspicious that whenever he’s around there’s “locker room problems”

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Man this is actually incredible how low you're going to to try to prove something that just isn't there it's just hilarious

What has Subban done to be compared to Mark Zuckerberg?

See, that's what's crazy. People will go sor far to try to prove something.

So far you've told us this:
- Mark Zuckerberg is a bad person
- Mark Zuckerberg makes donations
- PK Subban makes donations
- Therefore PK Subban is a bad person

Lmao what a waste of time...

What has Subban done exactly? You just say whatever you want without providing any logical and tangible evidence.

Your word is not what defines someone being bad or good, their actions do and in this case his actions speak a lot louder tihan your words. Zuckerberg is an *******, you comparing him to Subban just shows how weak your argument is.

And tax breaks... Man you just have no clue .

I mean Mark Zuckerberg is a bad person , he took everything away and made facebook his own

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think he still visits whenever the Predators are in town, other than that I don’t think so. I love Subban’s character and what he does off the ice. I just find it suspicious that whenever he’s around there’s “locker room problems”
It's the NHL. They have the most vanilla personalities of all pro sports in North America.

NHL is a proper, business like league that can't handle anything that is slightly different than what they are use to.

Look at Carolina this year. Team gets noticed for doing something and they get called out for being stupid and they end their celebrations.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad