HF Habs: Sun. July 14: Euro Finals - Spain vs England, 3 p.m. | TSN, TSN+, TVA Sports ||| Copa America Finals: Argentina vs Colombia, 8 p.m. | CTV2, RDS, FOX

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
That's unfortunately probably the game. Really poor read from Bombito. They won't give up, but now they have to be more risky and that will open up Argentina counters.

It was bound to happen though with us missing so many chances.

We've had to have like 15 million really good chances against Argentina in the 2 games so far and we just overplay or underplay it.

Thankfully Bombito should continue to grow because we've been so weak back there.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
terrible positioning from the inside 2. how do you let him get to the inside there, yuck.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
That's unfortunately probably the game. Really poor read from Bombito. They won't give up, but now they have to be more risky and that will open up Argentina counters.

It was bound to happen though with us missing so many chances.

We've had to have like 15 million really good chances against Argentina in the 2 games so far and we just overplay or underplay it.

Thankfully Bombito should continue to grow because we've been so weak back there.

Yeah I don't know if we have any CBs coming in over the next years

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I still don't know why they go 4-4-2 vs argentina, especially when it didn't work in game 1, it's clear we need to do better in the middle of field after game 1 and should be playing to sit back and hope for a counter attack against this team.

I would rather see that shot from messi on the outside then losing the middle of the field.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
The one thing you cannot underestimate is the heart of Canadians, they will not quit.
That's true.. but we have very few players who can actually score. And that's pretty evident from our goal scoring record since the World Cup. It's been pretty bad.

We've scored 25 goals in 21 games. And 10 of those goals came in 3 games against Honduras, Guadeloupe (which we didn't win), and Cuba.

And only 2 in our last 6 1/2 games. Without Crepeau, this tournament is long over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad