HF Habs: Sun. July 14: Euro Finals - Spain vs England, 3 p.m. | TSN, TSN+, TVA Sports ||| Copa America Finals: Argentina vs Colombia, 8 p.m. | CTV2, RDS, FOX

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
I still don't know why they go 4-4-2 vs argentina, especially when it didn't work in game 1, it's clear we need to do better in the middle of field after game 1 and should be playing to sit back and hope for a counter attack against this team.

I would rather see that shot from messi on the outside then losing the middle of the field.
I mean... it kind of did though. In the group stage we looked best against Argentina, we're just struggling to finish our chances. And by finish I don't even mean goals, I mean not bobble it and lose the ball without a shot attempt.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
That's true.. but we have very few players who can actually score. And that's pretty evident from our goal scoring record since the World Cup. It's been pretty bad.

We've scored 25 goals in 21 games. And 10 of those goals came in 3 games against Honduras, Guadeloupe (which we didn't win), and Cuba.

And only 2 in our last 6 1/2 games. Without Crepeau, this tournament is long over.

Yeah we're definitely in tough, but sports are great that way. Anything is possible.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Horrible giveaways. Very frustrating. Argentina literally standing still and just wait for us to pass it to them lol

Reactions: Hickflyer

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Luc de Fougerolles is an 18 year old at Fulham.

Him and Bombito should be a good enough tandem for years.

He has played at both fullback roles too according to transfermarkt so I was wondering if he was truly a CB.. or a bit like Johnston

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Get prime Sinclair in.
Prime Hutch would be good enough.

Or biggest issues right now are

1. David needs better support up front. Larin isn't it against world class teams.

2. Midfield is pretty bad. Kone has potential, but he rushes far too much. Likely a bit of a product of the championship style of play too.

3. Millar has started multiple games recently. He's a sub at best. Same with Osorio and Larin. I'd argue Layrea as well.

4. Defense is inexperienced. Bombito and Cornelius are both 25 and under.

5. Coach is still pretty new.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
What a f***ing stupid corner.

We need more creativity. Give me Corbeanu. How Millar still gets calls over him is f***ing wild.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad