HF Habs: Sun. July 14: Euro Finals - Spain vs England, 3 p.m. | TSN, TSN+, TVA Sports ||| Copa America Finals: Argentina vs Colombia, 8 p.m. | CTV2, RDS, FOX

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I mean... it kind of did though. I'm the group stage we looked best against Argentina, we're just struggling to finish our chances. And by finish I don't even mean goals, I mean not bobble it and lose the ball without a shot attempt.

I'm just not a fan of the 4-4-2 for this team. Saying our best game was against argentina kind of shows that, and yes, we generated chances, but crepeau kept us in it. it could've been 3-0 at half. We never had a chance to win the game, maybe score a goal though, but I don't think we were a threat at any point to win the game unless crepeau kept playing at that level.

I just think a 4-4-2 is relying too much on canada to be better in the middle of the field, and they're not good enough in the middle.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Good half. I mean this team has to learn to crawl before they can walk. They’re playing such a calm clinical team that doesn’t need much to score and has such skill shutting teams down.
That being said, I don’t like larin and his bonehead plays and David needs to wake the f*** and make quicker decisions.
They need to try and counter Argentina’s high press much more quickly. Team is learning. They looked a bit nervous underplaying and overplaying balls in final 3rd.
One mistake by bombito and they kill you.
Only down by 1 🙏

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
1st 20 minutes was pretty solid for Canada. They had a few good offensive runs, too, but after Argentina scored, they definitely shut that down. Canada really didn't do much afterwards but defend.

The final minute of stoppage David made a sneaky play off the throw in and came close to scoring. That corner to end it should have just been a regular corner. Cross it in & go for it.

1-0 Argentina after 45.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Cheap giveaways

A better first touch would be much appreciated.

Shafflebust in this one. :sarcasm:

the first touch and glaring possession/passing issues comes with a 4-4-2. we don't have a monster possession and tacking midfielder to play it, let alone 2 or 3.

it's what is needed and it's just not canada. davies would be the closest to fit that role, but he doesn't seem to have the intelligence to dominate the middle of the field. it's not his game to possess but he does have the energy and tackle skill.

you need a possession monster for a 4-4-2 to work effectively. canada doesn't have it, so a 4-3-3 and tight triangles would help support each other on the field.

ah well, this team is more organized than herdman's.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
I'm just not a fan of the 4-4-2 for this team. Saying our best game was against argentina kind of shows that, and yes, we generated chances, but crepeau kept us in it. it could've been 3-0 at half. We never had a chance to win the game, maybe score a goal though, but I don't think we were a threat at any point to win the game unless crepeau kept playing at that level.

I just think a 4-4-2 is relying too much on canada to be better in the middle of the field, and they're not good enough in the middle.
I definitely prefer a 4-3-3. I don't think Larin should be on the pitch to start. But we are pretty weak in the midfield even we add one.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
More garbage passing.

At this point I just want them to shoot any time they're close.

Having Laryea on the wing is embarassing when we leave players like Corbeanu off the team. I like Layrea as a fullback sub, but what's he gonna do on the wing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad