Player Discussion Conor Garland

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Might only be a handful of games as a Canucks, but he's been playing like this for the last couple of years with Arizona. My only concern is injuries with such an aggressive game and getting under other teams skins since they'll retaliate. Those little shots guys take at him can really take a toll over the course of the entire season

He bends a lot but never really breaks. With a contract in hand he's not going to stop.

Glad you guys are enjoying him.

Reactions: Indiana and Jakey53

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Legit might pick up a Garland jersey soon, Guy plays with a ton of Heart

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 11.30.07 PM.jpg

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
How Benning pilfered this guy out of Arizona, and offloaded three deadwood contracts in the bargain is shaping up as one of the mysteries of the universe. At this point OEL, is only icing on the cake in that deal.

I realize it cost them a top-10 pick as well as a second-rounder, but Garland is signed through five seasons and is still only 25.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
How Benning pilfered this guy out of Arizona, and offloaded three deadwood contracts in the bargain is shaping up as one of the mysteries of the universe. At this point OEL, is only icing on the cake in that deal.

I realize it cost them a top-10 pick as well as a second-rounder, but Garland is signed through five seasons and is still only 25.
On the balance, even with retention, OEL is probably a net negative over the course of his deal and is not the icing on any cake. I will certainly agree he's a top-4 defender at the moment. Both players had to play well for this trade to have made any sense and they are playing well.

Reactions: Indiana

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Re-watching his gwg tonight he does that same thing with the puck on his stick where he controls the puck with one hand on the top of the stick :laugh:

He was holding his stick the same way during the national anthems tonight...maybe it's not a troll move, and he just has a weird way of holding his stick.

Reactions: Indiana

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
On the balance, even with retention, OEL is probably a net negative over the course of his deal and is not the icing on any cake. I will certainly agree he's a top-4 defender at the moment. Both players had to play well for this trade to have made any sense and they are playing well.

Optimistically, I'm not sure that is the case. OEL might be bit overpaid but he's only 30. OEL was battling injuries the past two season and in a bad environment to boot. If he actually does have a bounce back season the chances are much better that he can maintain it through most of his contract.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver

Yeah it really does boggle the mind a little. Especially after last season we already had gone through the song and dance of sussing through what Arizona wanted for OEL, and it looked gross; basically just getting Arizonas best player next to Chychrun who is 25 is like, a minor miracle out of nowhere quite frankly

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I know he doesn’t have far to go to get back up, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player bounce back after being knocked down as fast as he does. And how often he manages to maintain possession of he does is really impressive. It’s really hard for defensemen to take him out of the play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad