Value of: Connor McDavid

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which of McDavid or Draisaitl should Edmonton consider trading to balance out the team

• Total voters

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
I'm sure McDavid would be thrilled to go play for a team that just gutted their roster for him, only to spend another 3-5 years in the basement.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
"The Oilers should trade the best players in the league for lesser players, that's how they'll get better".

Sigh.
Is there a trade that is fair for the Oilers if trading Connor? It would take at least the top forward and D, right? Then there’s cap to consider, so a contract dumping dollars has to go with Connor. Would the Oilers trade Connor + cap dump(s) for Matthews and Reilly?

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Is there a trade that is fair for the Oilers if trading Connor? It would take at least the top forward and D, right? Then there’s cap to consider, so a contract dumping dollars has to go with Connor. Would the Oilers trade Connor + cap dump(s) for Matthews and Reilly?
The leafs wouldn't do it

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
IMO it's fine to theorycraft these kind of things but hardcore oldschool fans always try to get these instantly locked.
OP surely knows it's probably not happening. But since when it's impossible to theorycraft lol.

I think if you get the same return for Draisaitl you trade him, not McDavid.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
the only way the oilers get fair value is by getting young assets with cheap hits that they can also line up with an off season that has a few free agents they may be able to sign to solidify the rest of the roster. there best bet would be to get a legit number one goalie, a number d man and quality filler. just my opinion. i dont see blockbusters like the lindros trade or gretzky trade happening now a days. i wish the best for the oilers, its a better league when they are relevent.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Would only make sense to trade just one of them if you could do something like Drai for Seider

a kid that is cheap and can play a big role right now and you use the cap space for a upgrade on goal and forward deep

They will need an upgrade at GM too then because we all saw what he did with the cap space he had this past summer.

rajinikanthfan1

rajinikanthfan1
Jun 25, 2006
North Delta
to get mcdavid on the canucks it would cost us petterson, boeser, Vasili Podkolzin and 3 first round picks

but overall i dont think canucks will do that

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
The deal would have to make Edmonton a contender ie not futures.
Flip the 1st for immediate help and its interesting for Draisaitl.

McD would not get traded.

No trade with or without McDavid makes the Oilers a contender. They don't have the assets to come close to that, still need another 4-5 years of tanking to get some value.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
This is a silly thread. The only players that could replace McDavid and Draisaitl are Matthews and Marner and the Leafs would never trade them.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
No trade with or without McDavid makes the Oilers a contender. They don't have the assets to come close to that, still need another 4-5 years of tanking to get some value.
Fake news. The years of tanking are over. Time to turn the 1st round picks into immediate help starting with 2022 1st.

Oilers have deep enough pipeline and just need to load up every deadline the next 5yrs. Trading Drai for 2C + other help might come into play in a year or two. McD goes nowhere even if he demands out.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Instead of trading them perhaps you should surround them with better players

It's like another rebuild that you don't need
Surrounded them with Hyman,RNH, Foegele, Puljujarvi etc but same result. Holland spent 25M+ this offseason locking up players to long term deals. There won't be much more surrounding for a while in Edmonton.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Fake news. The years of tanking are over. Time to turn the 1st round picks into immediate help starting with 2022 1st.

Oilers have deep enough pipeline and just need to load up every deadline the next 5yrs. Trading Drai for 2C + other help might come into play in a year or two. McD goes nowhere even if he demands out.

Show me some trades using assets the Oilers have that make them cup contenders, hopefully without chasing rentals.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Most Oilers fans will not agree but I think the team would be a better team with the return McDavid trade would provide . I do not see much of a drop of from Draisaitl .

McDavid return would need to included at least 2 of 1D, 1G and 2C . All players would have to be on the younger side . We would even consider McDavid for 30+ year old players unless they are the cherry on top . On top of the above add picks and prospects .

Special mention to TML fans JT and Matthews don't cut it . Matthews would be gone quicker then Pronger and JT is over paid . Plus you don't have that number 1 D we need

respecting OP right to proffer the ?,

McDavid is not dealt

LeoDrai is outside possible

If we could deal Zib -- unlikely w/his nmc ---
then I would say
something like

Leo Drai + Broberg + 2 2nds
for
Shesty, Zib, Krav, + Lindgren

as to value

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Hard to make those trades in a cap world, but they should return 1C, 3 1sts, 1 top D, 1 A prospect + a roosterplayer. Valuewise.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Will never happen. Katz has the final say and he will never trade McDavid (or Draisaitl frankly), there is no player or combination of players in the league that make him more money than Connor McDavid in Alberta in a shiny new arena with sky high ticket prices and all the merchandise he sells.

This is a entertainment business first, don't ever forget that. The Oilers are only worth 1 billion+ because they have players like McDavid and Draisaitl.

Edmonton still has never gotten over the Gretzky trade, having the best player in the world traded here will never happen again.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
respecting OP right to proffer the ?,

McDavid is not dealt

LeoDrai is outside possible

If we could deal Zib -- unlikely w/his nmc ---
then I would say
something like

Leo Drai + Broberg + 2 2nds
for
Shesty, Zib, Krav, + Lindgren