Value of: Connor McDavid

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which of McDavid or Draisaitl should Edmonton consider trading to balance out the team

• Total voters

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Draisaitl is the only one that’s actually tradeable due to contract

having said that, it also makes him the most valuable asset in the nhl

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
The cost would be astronomical to trade for McDavid.

I wouldn’t even know where to start as a baseline? Team would have to have good roster players + deep high end prospect pool to put together a package.

Reactions: jetsforever

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
When is Connor a UFA? That’s when he changes teams. Teams will be clearing cap to take a run at Connor.

Reactions: its josh

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Most Oilers fans will not agree but I think the team would be a better team with the return McDavid trade would provide . I do not see much of a drop of from Draisaitl .

McDavid return would need to included at least 2 of 1D, 1G and 2C . All players would have to be on the younger side . We would even consider McDavid for 30+ year old players unless they are the cherry on top . On top of the above add picks and prospects .

Special mention to TML fans JT and Matthews don't cut it . Matthews would be gone quicker then Pronger and JT is over paid . Plus you don't have that number 1 D we need
Did you really need to do this?

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Yeah cause taking out one of the best players since Crosby will really help the oilers, I'd say maybe it's time to switch out the FO and not just the GM/HC ...

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Rangers probably have the "highest" probability of making something like that happen (still unlikely that a team would gut itself, and unlikely that the Oil would trade either of them). That being said, hypothetically, probably some mix of Zibanejad/ Shesterkin (it'll probably take moving him for the Oil to consider it)/ some of Fox/ Trouba/ Miller to get it done (maybe Koskinen goes back with either 97/29).

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
You don’t trade McDrai. You stop handing out bad contracts like Lucic, Russell, Koskinen, etc., learn to draft outside the top-10 picks in the draft and full commit to competent internal development to integrate cheap talent into the team to support the 2 top-5 talents you have.

Pittsburgh and Tampa have literally already built the blueprint on winning around 2-3 cornerstone pieces.

Reactions: Russian Factor

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Lucic and a 3rd 750K retained?

Edit: Some other smart ass beat me to it. Looch wouldn't waive anyway :D

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
There are teams that are worse than these two players. McDavid is worth what 2 star players + 3-5 1st?

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
The GM that trades McDavid is a GM that doesn't have a job soon after, even if the return is the biggest return of all time, bar none.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad