Connor McDavid vs Jack Eichel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I'll bite

1-How many points will they put up as rookies?
McDavid - 60-65
Eichel - 45-50

2-How many points will they put up in their prime?
McDavid - 90-95
Eichel - 70-75

3-Who is the best comparable?
McDavid - Mix of Datsyuk/Crosby
Eichel - Mix of Getzlaf/Carter

[queue the "you're stupid because I've seen their stats" comments]

ZeroPT*

I'll bite

McDavid - 60-65
Eichel - 45-50

McDavid - 90-95
Eichel - 70-75

McDavid - Mix of Datsyuk/Crosby
Eichel - Mix of Getzlaf/Carter

[queue the "you're stupid because I've seen their stats" comments]

I'm thinking 75 points is a wee bit low for Eichel. I think at full potential he could put up 80+

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
McDavid - 60-65
Eichel - 40-50
McDavid - 90-95
Eichel - 80-85
McDavid - Sidney Crosby (but literally worse at every single aspect of the game)
Eichel - A smaller Ryan Getzlaf

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
I see the Getzlaf comparisons to a certain extent but given Eichel is a great skater and his first step is so explosive the comparison is a bit misleading. That being said, he looks a bit like Getzlaf on the ice and seems to read the play like Getzlaf. Carter is a good comparison with the long stride and deceptive top gear.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
I see the Getzlaf comparisons to a certain extent but given Eichel is a great skater and his first step is so explosive the comparison is a bit misleading. That being said, he looks a bit like Getzlaf on the ice and seems to read the play like Getzlaf. Carter is a good comparison with the long stride and deceptive top gear.

I keep seeing Modano.

ZeroPT*

Is Eichel going to be a better player in his prime than pat Kane? I'm still torn on that

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Is Eichel going to be a better player in his prime than pat Kane? I'm still torn on that

Different players. Dont think Eichel will be as dominant offensively as Kane, but overall I think he will be more valuable to the team than Kane. Hes a 2 way forward who plays a complete game. Considers himself a power forward but I dont really see that really materializing at all. Almost Toews-lite. But I see alot of Getzlaf and Carter in him as well. I think the Modano comparisons are a little far fetched, I think the comparisons are just there cause hes American.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I think Eichel might have the higher ceiling, but lower expected value for points.

McDavid - 70 points as rookie
Eichel - 65 points as rookie

McDavid - 90-100 point range
Eichel - 80-105 point range

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
McDavid - 60 points as rookie
Eichel - 70 points as rookie

McDavid - 85 -100 point range
Eichel - 90-110 point range

DayTripper

Jul 9, 2013
DPR of HF
In their rookie seasons:

Assuming both play 82 games and scoring levels remain about the same...

McDavid - 75 points
Eichel - 70 points

McDavid - 105-115 points
Eichel - 85-95 points

McDavid - Crosby lite
Eichel - Getzlaf

Last edited:

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
They wont score 70-75 pts in their rookie year. Have to remember the worst teams in the league draft first. They wont have anybody that skilled to play with and pad their numbers. For comparison, 75 points this year would have gotten you 14th in the league in scoring, right behind Joe Thornton. 70 points would have you 17th in the league im scoring, tying with Anze Kopitar, Matt Duchene and Pat Marleau. I highly doubt they put those numbers up in their first NHL season. You might say well Mackinnon had 63 his rookie year and McDavid is better than him. Well Mack had it made, played with a combo of very skilled players in Duchene, Landeskog, Stastny, ROR... I say Mcdavid 55, Eichel 45. In their prime i can see McDavid hitting 100 and Eichel 80-85

Karlsson2Turris*

McDavid will likely put up 70 points on his rookie year.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
If Mackinnon can put up 60 pts in his rookie year, Mcdavid should be a 70 pt guy. also, since mackinnon and eichel are close but mackinnon is better, id say 55 pts for jack

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
It depends a lot of luck aswell. Most remarkable of Mackinnons rookie season was that he didnt get injured at all. Most of the top rookies Jones, Nichuskin, Barkov, Monahan, Hertl, Määttä, Kreider, Scheifele etc were injured during the season to play 82 games as comparison might not happen.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
wow i change my mind, i just watched usa vs fin highlights, eichel was as dominant as mcdavid. this year will be fun omg.

Zdeno33Lucic*

McDavid is a worlds class above Eichel.

The way he skates, and moves with the puck, his hockey IQ is outstanding, I see a ton of J.Toews in this kid, and some of Sidney Crosby, Which is very very very VERY scary

Mcdavid, will get about 75-90 points depends what team he plays for

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

The way he skates, and moves with the puck, his hockey IQ is outstanding, I see a ton of J.Toews in this kid, and some of Sidney Crosby, Which is very very very VERY scary

So basically what you're saying is you've never seen Eichel play?

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Every single shift, McDavid was doing something big offensively. I haven't seen Eichel play other than the WJC but jeez now you know why this kid was hyped up. Every shift and I'm not even kidding, he's blazing into the offensive zone getting the defence on their heels.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013

:laugh:

Chill out. McDavid isn't that much better at all then Eichel. If you have seen Eichel play, which it is clear you haven't, you would not make a comment like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad