Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part III | UPD: Will Play Tuesday!!!!!

I Like Foolish Posts

Apr 25, 2012
Sounds like he still isn't all that close to participation in games though, hasn't started shooting or even puck handling yet. I was hopeful for Dec. 26 against Vancouver but my new optimistic return date is Jan. 8th

oilz89*

Sounds like he still isn't all that close to participation in games though, hasn't started shooting or even puck handling yet. I was hopeful for Dec. 26 against Vancouver but my new optimistic return date is Jan. 8th

NYE. Its only the 18th. Thats 12 days. So 2 weeks almost

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Nice to see some confirmation that he's close. I still don't think we see him until Jan. 2nd against Arizona.
I don't see them debuting him on the road and I don't see them easing him in against a physical team like the Kings or Ducks so New Year New McDavid is my guess. Only 6 games away. Draisaitl will be happy to hear that, the poor kid is worn down from carrying the offense.

I Like Foolish Posts

Apr 25, 2012
NYE. Its only the 18th. Thats 12 days. So 2 weeks almost

12 days doesn't seem like that long when he hasn't started puck handling yet. He still has to progress to shooting and then practicing in a full contact situation with the team. The article suggests that he will begin practicing in mid January, that seems like a long time but of course caution is warranted.

Planisphaerium

Jan 27, 2011
12 days doesn't seem like that long when he hasn't started puck handling yet. He still has to progress to shooting and then practicing in a full contact situation with the team. The article suggests that he will begin practicing in mid January, that seems like a long time but of course caution is warranted.

Theres no way he starts practicing in mid Jan.

oilz89*

mid january to start praticing?!?! :laugh: :amazed: Dude this guy is a hockey player! Stop treating him like this wow. He's not superman who's made of steel lmao.

Last edited by a moderator:

I Like Foolish Posts

Apr 25, 2012
Theres no way he starts practicing in mid Jan.

Yeah I was pretty confused when I read that part, but once he starts practicing I don't think it will take too long for him to get back up to speed and ready to play.

mid january to start praticing?!?! :laugh: :amazed: Dude this guy is a hockey player! Stop treating him like this wow. He's not superman who's made of steel lmao.

Calm down man, that's what the article says. This is an 18 year old who has had a major injury, the doctors/therapists are going to be sure his body is ready to handle the NHL when it is time. Not sure what the superman comment is about? I also think he will be ready before mid January but maybe management is trying to lower pressures for him to return.

EDIT: Sorry, it says it is expected that he WILL BE practicing by mid Jan

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
My prediction - if he's back in by beginning of January, the Oilers might still have a playoff shot.

If he's held out until mid January, I doubt it. The Pacific teams are not going to likely play terrible forever and let them hang around.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Hopefully he's not going to Jasper downhill skiing over the Christmas break. ;)

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
My prediction from a long time ago was that he plays on our first home HNIC game in two months which is scheduled for Jan 16 vs calgary.

That's very cautious as it is still 29 days away.

Maybe, can't imagine it takes him 4 weeks now. My guess would be 2 weeks. Jan 2 vs the yotes.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
My prediction from a long time ago was that he plays on our first home HNIC game in two months which is scheduled for Jan 16 vs calgary.

That's very cautious as it is still 29 days away.

yeah, that makes a certain amount of sense.... it meets the "mid january" timeline everybody has been bandying about

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
Being allowed to skate opens up the risk of falling, so if he's cleared to skate I'm guessing he's very close to being cleared for stick work...

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
Out of curiosity sake, as a health care professional, did they ever say which part of Connor's clavicle was fractured. I can infer based on the fact they operated, but again just curious.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Chia confirmed he has been skating a week now.

I want him back by january 16th as I have tickets to that battle of alberta and driving up for the game!

Aug 10, 2015

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I wouldn't doubt it he's been unofficially stick handling and shooting. He's an 18 year old kid, I doubt he's following whatever guide lines he's been given by his physiotherapist.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
I hope they are extra extra extra careful.

I wouldn't be against waiting until after the Allstar break

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad