Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part III | UPD: Will Play Tuesday!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
The argument to keep him out extra long to make sure the bone is 150% healthy confuses me. If his collar bone is 10%, keeping him out an extra week doesnt make it stronger. If anything thats just another week of him not getting used to game contact and tempo

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
The argument to keep him out extra long to make sure the bone is 150% healthy confuses me. If his collar bone is 10%, keeping him out an extra week doesnt make it stronger. If anything thats just another week of him not getting used to game contact and tempo

10% is a bit of a stretch. It was probably at 10% a week after the surgery, if not more. I'll assume that was a typo.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Of course he'd be taking some shots by now - probably not with the team though....how else are they going to gage how the healing process is progressing?

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
So does this all but prove he is taking shots? No need for a goalie if you aren't shooting the puck...

He's pretending to shoot pucks like playing air guitar. :laugh: I can just imagine him skating around shooting no pucks. Yup that's right. Still more entertaining than watching an Oilers game. :D

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Hes only playing in the hockey simulator so far, shooting virtual pucks with virtual sticks.

Using one of our virtual goalies.

oilz89*

Hes only playing in the hockey simulator so far, shooting virtual pucks with virtual sticks.

Using one of our virtual goalies.

Yeah :laugh: obviously he's not even skating yet. He should just take the whole season off because he'll get injured... which every superstar player has the risk of getting :sarcasm::laugh:

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
I'd like to see this upon his return.

Hall-Drai-Purcell
Pouliot-McDavid-Eberle
Lander-Nuge-Yakupov
Korpi-Letestu-Hendricks

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

The bone was likely fully healed nearly 2 weeks ago. It's not the problem. The issue is all the tissue and muscles around it that need to be conditioned and strengthened again.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
So they showed he's now stickhandling and shooting. Are the Oilers still going to tell us he's out until around the All star break? Surely he can't be long now? I can't imagine him having to skate and shoot for over a month starting now before they let him play again.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
So they showed he's now stickhandling and shooting. Are the Oilers still going to tell us he's out until around the All star break? Surely he can't be long now? I can't imagine him having to skate and shoot for over a month starting now before they let him play again.

maybe not a month, but 2 weeks isn't crazy though ... i wouldn't be absolutely shocked to see 3 weeks.... i wouldn't be shocked to see a month, now that i think about it

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I really don't see him taking much longer if he's already stick handling and shooting.

I could see him practicing with the team again after the break, and playing by Jan 2.

Like some people have already said, at this point it's about getting the strength back as the bone has likely healed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad