Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part III | UPD: Will Play Tuesday!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I hope they are extra extra extra careful.

I wouldn't be against waiting until after the Allstar break

but what if he is ready and rested two weeks into January? Would we have him waiting until February to come back?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
so how exactly did he skate without somebody in the media reporting it?

by himself?
He just started skating with the team.. He might have been skating by himself as part of the rehab.

how come on one in media reported he was lifting weight? because it was none of their business

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Starting to feel like we're talking about a Ming Vase and not a hockey player.

Hope they get the extra insurance.

TheBusDriver

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Aug 25, 2009
Edmonton
He's already shooting, contrary to media reports.

A7g16mY.jpg

Why

Jan 15, 2014
Edmonton
no idea how to embed so hopefully this worked

edit: nope lol

so how do i embed??? Normally I wouldn't really care but feel this is exactly how I feel

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I am impressed with management. They don't create an unrealistic return date thus not causing the fans to be frustrated if there is a set back. Just keeping things under wraps and not letting the team get distracted by the media who are going to have a flip out when its all Mcdavid talk all the time. Giving a timeline for a way later date makes sure there are no unrealistic expectations of a return but gives the team a huge list if the players heals quicker. That or he has wolverine healing powers.

Never did i think i would ever type the words impressed with management.

McShiva

5-14-6-1
Aug 27, 2010
Looks like at the very least he will be ready to return far sooner than most expected. I would think he will be back 2 week of January, but that's just a guess.
Despite the injuries, ouldn't it be awesome if the entire second line returned all at once? Think about it, Jan 16, at home, against the flames, on HNIC? Hmm....

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I just hope he's good to go for the mid January Florida games. I'll be there for both if he's back healthy and playing. If not, then I'll just spend my winter vaca poolside.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
He's already shooting, contrary to media reports.

A7g16mY.jpg

Doesn't mean much. Just because he's holding a stick doesn't mean he's shooting. I see no puck. I'm going to say he's skating with a stick to get used to the feel again as that alone won't cause any problems etc. Or maybe there are exercises he can do. I don't know. :laugh:

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Terry Jones thinks even if he's ready in JAN, you keep him out until after the All-Star break.

I think we should also put bubble wrap all around him and then throw him out on the ice. I'm sure it can fit under the equipment?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Terry Jones thinks even if he's ready in JAN, you keep him out until after the All-Star break.

I think we should also put bubble wrap all around him and then throw him out on the ice. I'm sure it can fit under the equipment?

I'd play him as soon as the Doctor gives the okay. No more, no less.
I think giving him more time than is necessary will do more harm than good in regards to the overall team. You can already see that their play has declined rapidly in the last few games

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
It was a clean break of the collar bone not a concussion. Once the bone is healed there is no reason for him to not play.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
It was a clean break of the collar bone not a concussion. Once the bone is healed there is no reason for him to not play.

We should probably in the future have a system where we sit out one of our top players every game on a rotation. Think about it the less games they play the less likely they will get hurt and have to miss any games.

Oh wait thats right management actually seems like they want to win this year. Youre right if hes healthy and the bone is healed play him.

McDeathbyCheerios*

We should probably in the future have a system where we sit out one of our top players every game on a rotation. Think about it the less games they play the less likely they will get hurt and have to miss any games.

Oh wait thats right management actually seems like they want to win this year. Youre right if hes healthy and the bone is healed play him.
Anytime a young player gets hit, they sit the rest of the game as a precaution. Just in case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad