Connor McDavid: 150 Points Watch (32GP: 53 Points - 135.8 Pace (1.66 PPG))

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
They are on fire right now, but it's bound to slow down.

They have played teams with a collective 26-33-9 record.

They beat the Flames and lost to Philly. Those are the only two teams that are above .500 that they've played this year.

As the schedule stiffens up, the pace will slow.

Playing Vancouver twice, Arizona and Seattle has certainly helped the cause.
Crazy, that’s been going on for what, 2 years now?

Maybe they should make a new league for McDavid to play in

Reactions: snipes and rhino71

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Exactly, some of the shit Flames fans say on CalgaryPuck makes that fanbase look like a bunch of complete idiots with no hockey knowledge.

I live in Calgary and most of my buddies are Flames fans, they’re all super passionate about hockey and knowledgeable about the sport. If you push them enough they’ll admit they enjoy watching McDavid and Draisaitl play. They follow most Oilers games, just like most Oilers fans follow Flames games when we’re not playing.

This isn’t the 1980s where guys are brawling outside of the arena after games.

Live view of CalgaryPuck forum, that place is such a cesspool.
12563625.jpg

Most Flame fans are like most Oiler fans. Love their team, love to chirp each other, and surely don't care enough to post online (we are the 1% of fans who can be bothered to post about them). Some of my best friends are Flames fans and we constantly chirp each other, it's good times. Hoping for a playoff BOA.

Reactions: 1989 and snipes

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
They are on fire right now, but it's bound to slow down.

They have played teams with a collective 26-33-9 record.

They beat the Flames and lost to Philly. Those are the only two teams that are above .500 that they've played this year.

As the schedule stiffens up, the pace will slow.

Playing Vancouver twice, Arizona and Seattle has certainly helped the cause.

You mean they aren't going to go 70-10?

We are all shocked.

Flames fans clinging to any shred of negativity that they can. :sarcasm:

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
The lack of self-awareness from a poster whose history is littered with inane takes (and is weirdly obsessed with the Oilers) opining on this is quite hilarious.
Who knew that talking about hockey on a hockey forum made you obsessed. More news at 10

Zamknij kurwa ryj

Feb 22, 2021
Who knew that talking about hockey on a hockey forum made you obsessed. More news at 10
No, there's a distinction to be made about the sport itself and obsessing over a team and its players and its fans insistently like you do.

You pay more attention to the Oilers and Oilers fans than your actual team. That isn't normal.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
No, there's a distinction to be made about the sport itself and obsessing over a team and its players and its fans insistently like you do. You pay more attention to the Oilers and Oilers fans than your actual team.
Guess I’m obsessed with Vancouver too by that logic :laugh:

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
What athlete is more dominate to their respective sport right now than McDavid is to the NHL?

3 of the past 5 Lindsays and Art Rosses along with his unanimous Hart win look more dominant than any other big 4 athlete imo.

I don’t watch football so maybe someone else is more informed, but I thought that Mahomes kid was transcendent and footballs equivalent to McDavid?

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
This guy is unbelievable. Best player in the 4 major sports right now by a wide margin.

The guy is the best hockey player out there, for sure. But I don't get the constant "over the top" takes?

Better than Gretzky and Mario! Best player in the 4 Major sports!!

I mean come on, there are currently 6 players within 5 points of him. One is tied with him, his own teammate!??

He's had one dominant season outscoring his peers by 25%, which was impressive!

But the other years, +11%, +5%, -10%, -12%. These are not "dominant" numbers.

What is impressive is his consistency. He's always in the fight for top spot, but it's only been once that he has pulled away from the pack.

This year he again looks amazing, but so do a handful of other players.

So my question is, what makes you say he's the best athlete in all 4 major sports?

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
I don’t watch football so maybe someone else is more informed, but I thought that Mahomes kid was transcendent and footballs equivalent to McDavid?

Mahomes has kinda come down to earth this year. Still a supremely talented QB and his team isn’t helping him too much but yeah he’s slid out of the “McDavid/Trout/Prime Lebron” tier for now.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Im also not the biggest football fan but my take on it is he isn't as consistently dominant. Going into any given season you wouldn't take him over the field to win the MVP whereas McDavid you probably would take over the field to win the Art Ross.

Very special player but I don't believe he's the undisputed best player in the league.

Reactions: Akrapovince

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
For me its the unanimity the sets McDavid apart. You ask 99%+ of hockey fans who the best player is right now- they'll say McDavid.

For baseball, basketball, and football you don't have nearly such a consensus.

Reactions: alasania94

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
McDavid is the best

Trout and Mookie are both the best? And so are Giannis and Curry? What?
How does he name Trout meanwhile Ohtani is the best player since Babe Ruth. Dude is just saying whatever BS he can to bring down McDavid.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Giannis has not had even close to the dominance throughout his career as McDavid has had. McDavid was an absolute stud from day one. Many wouldn't even put Curry in their top 3 players at the moment. Mookie and Trout are great, but it's hard to compare sport to sport.
Giannis has two mvps and a ring with a Fmvp. I'll take that career over mcdavids

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015
Giannis has not had even close to the dominance throughout his career as McDavid has had. McDavid was an absolute stud from day one. Many wouldn't even put Curry in their top 3 players at the moment. Mookie and Trout are great, but it's hard to compare sport to sport.
2 MVPs, DPOY, a Championship along with a finals MVP. In terms of PER, he had one of the best statistical seasons of all time. Giannis has been unbelievable. Now I understand what you’re saying because you can still argue for LeBron or Durant, whereas nobody challenges McDavid in the NHL. But in terms of accolades, Giannis has him

Reactions: Nathaniel Skywalker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad