Connor McDavid: 150 Points Watch (32GP: 53 Points - 135.8 Pace (1.66 PPG))

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
McDavid looked off, but could have had a few. He is consistent overall and doesn't have any long pointless slumps because he is always creating high danger opportunities. Even a sh** game for him still has him creating a bunch of high danger chances despite getting steer wrestled and slewfooted and obstructed in the neutral zone non stop

Best player in the NHL has drawn 2 penalties in 11+ games.

Only the NHL thinks people come to games to see a 4th liner as much as a star

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
McDavid looked off, but could have had a few. He is consistent overall and doesn't have any long pointless slumps because he is always creating high danger opportunities. Even a sh** game for him still has him creating a bunch of high danger chances despite getting steer wrestled and slewfooted and obstructed in the neutral zone non stop

He’s got the MarioSyndrome!

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017

"Some fun facts: Since May 1st, Connor McDavid is:
- 135th in Penalties Drawn
- 289th in Penalties Drawn/60"

Punish teams for having good powerplays. Unless you're the Caps with Ovi and you are trying to get the US market to start watching hockey.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I’ve come to a conclusion that it’s not certain fanbases on HF, it’s all fanbases on HF. I talk hockey away from here with my neighbors, coworkers, family, friends etc. plenty of different fanbases represented, Oilers, Leafs, Habs etc. in real life, you don’t hear the ridiculous shit you read here. Regardless of which fanbase. It’s not certain fanbases, it’s fanbases here. You all point the finger at each other, but you’re the exact same person. Lol.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
"Some fun facts: Since May 1st, Connor McDavid is:
- 135th in Penalties Drawn
- 289th in Penalties Drawn/60"

Punish teams for having good powerplays. Unless you're the Caps with Ovi and you are trying to get the US market to start watching hockey.
I thought it was overkill, but I cannot eve imagine how many points he would get if they called the game like after the lockout in 2006. It's insane how many PP's they were giving out. If you skated in front of a guy and obstructed (picked him), it was a call.

The NHL likes going backwards though. Goals/game just keeps dropping

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He’s going to struggle to hit 140, let alone 150. there are too many nights in this league where despite playing great he only puts up one point (or even less), especially in an 82 game season.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
“Draisaitl is a passenger and gets carried”

-people who chose to ignore the fact they’ve been very similar caliber players for 4 years running now

2 G, 2A for the German Gretzky tn while McDavid had a bit of an off night- only picked up 1 apple. They’re tied for the NHL point lead and 2nd in the league in goals.
When Draisaitl is on he’s unstoppable.

Drai is certainly not a passenger who gets carried but I think he benefits a lot more from McDavid than the other way around. When they are split up Drai gets to face the easier matchups and generally gets easier matchups. And the PP runs through McDavid for the most part, Drai is the beneficiary of some great passes from Connor.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I’ve come to a conclusion that it’s not certain fanbases on HF, it’s all fanbases on HF. I talk hockey away from here with my neighbors, coworkers, family, friends etc. plenty of different fanbases represented, Oilers, Leafs, Habs etc. in real life, you don’t hear the ridiculous shit you read here. Regardless of which fanbase. It’s not certain fanbases, it’s fanbases here. You all point the finger at each other, but you’re the exact same person. Lol.

What?

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
McDavid and Draisatl dominate the scoring leauge, as usual. When will they show up for the team at the playoffs?

They both young still I guess, so a cup or two should be in thier cards.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Drai is certainly not a passenger who gets carried but I think he benefits a lot more from McDavid than the other way around. When they are split up Drai gets to face the easier matchups and generally gets easier matchups. And the PP runs through McDavid for the most part, Drai is the beneficiary of some great passes from Connor.
I’ll agree he gets an easier matchup when they’re split apart. But Hyman/Puljujarvi is definitely a stronger winger duo that McDavid gets compared to Draisaitl’s RNH/Yamamoto.

I don’t agree that the PP is run through McDavid at all. At very worse they’re equal components but I think there’s a solid argument to be made Draisaitl is the better PP player. McDavid is indisputably better at 5v5.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
McDavid and Draisatl dominate the scoring leauge, as usual. When will they show up for the team at the playoffs?

They both young still I guess, so a cup or two should be in thier cards.

They're both above ppg in the playoffs. It's the rest of the team that needs to show up in the playoffs.

Reactions: Duke74

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I have a theory. Hfboards is a subconcious make believe place where one person argues with themselves through there multiple personality disorder.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006

Vast majority of NHLers wouldn't score on the shots that Draisaitl takes either.

Reactions: Duke74

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Primary points so far this season

Draisaitl: 12
McDavid: 11

Primary points in the Winnipeg playoff series

Draisaitl: 5
McDavid: 1

858f9d9a-cc0f-4762-9df8-dcf4d36239aa

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Mcdavid has 7 goals in 8 games and his shooting percentage is around career average. 16.3% to 15.2%.

Guy is shooting Ovechkin like volume plus is one of the best playmakers in the league at the same time.

Stand back. We don't know how big this is going to get!

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Mcdavid has 7 goals in 8 games and his shooting percentage is around career average. 16.3% to 15.2%.

Guy is shooting Ovechkin like volume plus is one of the best playmakers in the league at the same time.

Stand back. We don't know how big this is going to get!
I know leon is doing great

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
Draisaitl 7 G, 10A, +9
McDavid 7G, 10A, + 2

If the season ended today, Draisaitl would be a unanimous MVP.

Poda

Jul 31, 2020
Draisaitl 7 G, 10A, +9
McDavid 7G, 10A, + 2

If the season ended today, Draisaitl would be a unanimous MVP.
This. Plus: the next best +/- rating after Drai on the Oilers roster is RNH at +3. Sure could be a coincidence but one should start to account for the possibility that it isn't. Like in 19/20 when everyone was raving about Drai being a minus player. There were reasons to account for this at the time (such as a horrendous month of December and a bunch of empty netters) but the point kind of stood as it was still him being on the ice. It is kind of obvious that he took that one aspect personally and has never looked back in that regard. I give tons of credit to him for the development he has managed to achieve AFTER his Hart/Art Ross season. That is just a "wow" to me.

BTT: I think both will eventually slow down and still dominate the league in scoring. Then they have to overcome doubts in post season matter, no way around this. As a German, I like the comparison to Dirk Nowitzkis development curve after his MVP season. McDrai will need to show up for a deep playoff run to secure their legacy and my gut says they will eventually.

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
Draisaitl just caught up McDavid in points. Both have 17 Points in 8 Games. But difference is Leon has +/- of +9, while McDavid's +/- is only +2.

Connor McDavid: 8 Games, 17 Points, +/- +2
Leon Draisaitl: 8 Games, 17 Points, +/- +9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad