Connor McDavid: 150 Points Watch (32GP: 53 Points - 135.8 Pace (1.66 PPG))

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
So going PPG the most recent year wasn't anything? Its also funny that Chicago doesn't count but we can count all the points against Philly that Crosby racked up when they brought basically no defense to the playoffs several times. Also ignored the obvious fact that McDavid is doing really well in the playoffs and isn't the reason the team is losing.
Mcdavid scored 105 points in 56 games. Scored 20 points! In 8 games against the Jets. Then goes pointless in the first 2 po games then ends up fully costing the Oilers game 4 with two terrible defensive lapses and finishes with 4 in 4. No he was not good at all

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
The season being discussed was clearly 66 in 41, where I pointed he was first pointer of his team ahead of Letang who had 50 lol.

You laughed about Connor McDavid "5 points art ross win", but Jagr art ross leads were:
1995: Tied with Lindros
1998: 11 points lead on Fosberg
1999: 20 points lead on Selanne
2000: 2 points lead on Bure
2001: 3 points on Sakic
Where is the so called dominance over peers that McDavid didn't have for his art ross?
dude in all fairness I watched mcdavids first 2 art rosses and they were not impressive at all .... his 2nd place finish to kucherov was more impressive than both

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
dude in all fairness I watched mcdavids first 2 art rosses and they were not impressive at all .... his 2nd place finish to kucherov was more impressive than both
His first one he had 100 points in a year where no one else cracked 90

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Crosby is 1.27 PPG in his career in regular season and over PPG in playoff.
Jagr is 1.11 PPG in his career in regular season and under PPG in playoff.

What Jagr had on Crosby is longevity.

The last part is why you shouldn't be comparing the two in the first part. Let's look at regular season and playoff PPG if Crosby plays until his mid 40's. Now, if you want to do a peak or prime comparison of five best years, Jagr probably has him beat; and probably closer with era adjustments.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Crosby missed 7 games that is the only reason it was 11 points. He had 0.3 ppg more. Not domination in any sense of the word. Crosby likely wins the hart if he doesn't miss those 7
You could find a “on pace” argument in any year

Reactions: Leksand

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I don't think McDavid will reach 150 points this season. A more interesting discussion is if he will beat the good, recent Kucherov season.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Oh God. W.e man lol. I'm talking 7 f***in games for Sidney f***in crosby. And considering crosby then went on to win the pmvp it's a no brainer

It’s funny, you’re like daver. Use pace in one post to pump up Crosby, but then in another you knock McDavid down a peg for not beating Kucherovs 128 point raw total.

Basically it boils down to this with your takes on McDavid: McDavid bad. Crosby good.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I don't think McDavid will reach 150 points this season. A more interesting discussion is if he will beat the good, recent Kucherov season.

I made this thread on the history board recently: Connor McDavid's incredible habit of finishing regular seasons extremely strong

Would it surprise you to know that last season is the first season of his career where Connor McDavid was alone #1 in the scoring race very far into the year? Every other year (even in seasons where he won the Ross like 2017 or 2018) - he was either very far back in 5th or 6th in scoring, or at worst tied for first, towards season end - until he explodes with a lot of points at the very end to distance others in the scoring race.

McDavid has an incredible history of finishing regular seasons very strong. And - he does this every year. So - I think him beating Kucherov's 128 points (considering he's already pacing higher) still remains very likely.

Of course flipside is - last year he was gunning for more and more points to end the season - with Oilers safely in playoff position - and came out completely flat come playoffs. Not a very good look. If Oilers can secure their playoff position early, it would probably be more strategic for McDavid to take the foot of the gas a bit at season's end so he can come out flying for playoffs - but not sure if he would do that or not.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
It’s funny, you’re like daver. Use pace in one post to pump up Crosby, but then in another you knock McDavid down a peg for not beating Kucherovs 128 point raw total.

Basically it boils down to this with your takes on McDavid: McDavid bad. Crosby good.
I never said mcdavid couldn't beat 128. I said his 105 in 56 in the chl last year was a huge abnormality and this year proves it.

Reactions: TheStatican

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
I made this thread on the history board recently: Connor McDavid's incredible habit of finishing regular seasons extremely strong

Would it surprise you to know that last season is the first season of his career where Connor McDavid was alone #1 in the scoring race very far into the year? Every other year (even in seasons where he won the Ross like 2017 or 2018) - he was either very far back in 5th or 6th in scoring, or at worst tied for first, towards season end - until he explodes with a lot of points at the very end to distance others in the scoring race.

McDavid has an incredible history of finishing regular seasons very strong. And - he does this every year. So - I think him beating Kucherov's 128 points (considering he's already pacing higher) still remains very likely.

Of course flipside is - last year he was gunning for more and more points to end the season - with Oilers safely in playoff position - and came out completely flat come playoffs. Not a very good look. If Oilers can secure their playoff position early, it would probably be more strategic for McDavid to take the foot of the gas a bit at season's end so he can come out flying for playoffs - but not sure if he would do that or not.
He won't. The art ross is very visibly important to him. Which I'm not saying Is a bad thing.

J bo Jeans

Aug 7, 2020
Ottawa
I never said mcdavid couldn't beat 128. I said his 105 in 56 in the chl last year was a huge abnormality and this year proves it.
The year isn't even half over. I say he gets around 140 which would make last years 105 and 56 very much not a anomaly.

boopronger

Aug 13, 2008
Yzerman scored 155 points on a very average Red Wings team. Gerard Gellant was his wingman, he had 93 points.

Lemieux scored 199 points and outscored his line mate, Rob Brown, by 84 points.

McDavid plays with an Art Ross winner on an average team and during his most dominate season, outscored him by 21 points.

McDavid isn’t even Yzerman dominant, he isn’t Jagr Dominant. He isn’t Bure dominant. All of those guys played against guys that were miles better than themselves. McDavid has never played against guys as dominant as Gretzky and Lemieux, which is why he’s going to stock his trophy case full of 5 point Art Ross wins.

The amount of cherry picking is on another level

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
yeah garbage time when most teams are fighting to get into the playoffs :huh::huh:

As opposed to ALL teams in the first half of the season? Some teams have thrown in the towel, and likely a few are on cruise control getting ready for the playoffs.

If he carried on this trend of picking up his game into the playoffs, people would be less inclined to question his last 1/4 season performances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad