Connor McDavid: 150 Points Watch (32GP: 53 Points - 135.8 Pace (1.66 PPG))

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
How about an update,

35GP 53 Points: 124.17 points pace (1.51PPG)

Connor is never going to break 130 points.

nobody since Jagr has. Just goes to show you how much better Jagr was compared to everybody in the past 20 years. Nowadays Hockey caters to McDavid etc skill sets with the wide open ice and no red line....none of them can do it. Jagr in his 30's put up 123 and only Kucherov has managed to get past that number.

But yeah, it isnt just McDavid that cant break 130. Nobody in this league can despite the easier, softer catering to the stars of today.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
nobody since Jagr has. Just goes to show you how much better Jagr was compared to everybody in the past 20 years. Nowadays Hockey caters to McDavid etc skill sets with the wide open ice and no red line....none of them can do it. Jagr in his 30's put up 123 and only Kucherov has managed to get past that number.

But yeah, it isnt just McDavid that cant break 130. Nobody in this league can despite the easier, softer catering to the stars of today.
Is it stressful making sure you always post in the third person?

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019

Jagr hit over 130 last time in 95-96. Lemieux put up 161 that year. Scoring was roughly 15% higher. Come on.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Jagr hit over 130 last time in 95-96. Lemieux put up 161 that year. Scoring was roughly 15% higher. Come on.

dude you're listing 2 guys that could put up points no matter the situation. Facts are there was a red line and a bunch of guys allowed to hook hold and grab like crazy.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
dude you're listing 2 guys that could put up points no matter the situation. Facts are there was a red line and a bunch of guys allowed to hook hold and grab like crazy.

Facts are Jagr never topped 130 again once scoring went down.

Reactions: Dingo

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Hey I'm certainly not the biggest McDavid fan around - but all these posters coming out of the woodworks to bash on him now that he's had a bad stretch and acting like it's embarrassing... that's really sad lol.

Even in this "down year" he's on pace to very possibly top Kucherov's 128 point season - which would be the highest total in about 30 years. Give me a break, it's a bit lame everyone coming in here to make fun of him lol.

McDavid always finishes seasons very strongly - he's not done yet. Still a very very real possibility he will top 130 this year

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Peak Jagr would hit 140 in todays league for sure, nobody can convince me otherwise. McDavid could also do it for what it's worth, maybe even still this season.

I think any of peak Crosby, Jagr or McDavid in a "perfect storm" of a season could top 140 today. I'd agree with that. Doesn't mean they do it for sure of course - as it's so easy to fall off pace with a bad stretch (case in point, McDavid + Drai have slowed down a bit lately).

For what it's worth - peak Gretzky/Lemieux in my opinion would easily be topping 160+ each consistently, and I'm not so sure they wouldn't be hitting 180+ too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad