Connor McDavid: 150 Points Watch (32GP: 53 Points - 135.8 Pace (1.66 PPG))

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Peak Jagr would hit 140 in todays league for sure, nobody can convince me otherwise. McDavid could also do it for what it's worth, maybe even still this season.

Scoring has been way up this season, so yeah. He wouldn’t have hit 140 from 2009-2019, and you can’t convince me otherwise.

Prime Jagr was from 1994-2006, or ages 22 through 34. Funny how when he was rattling off all those Art Rosses and playing his best hockey that he couldn’t break 130 after scoring went down in 96.

Funny how when scoring went down, OV can’t top 90 points anymore in his prime, but an aging 37 year old OV can push for 100 this year. It’s almost like scoring has gone significantly up this year, which can be clearly measured with league wide goals per game averages.

Last edited:
Reactions: authentic

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Hey I'm certainly not the biggest McDavid fan around - but all these posters coming out of the woodworks to bash on him now that he's had a bad stretch and acting like it's embarrassing... that's really sad lol.

Even in this "down year" he's on pace to very possibly top Kucherov's 128 point season - which would be the highest total in about 30 years. Give me a break, it's a bit lame everyone coming in here to make fun of him lol.

McDavid always finishes seasons very strongly - he's not done yet. Still a very very real possibility he will top 130 this year
Its actually hilarious, im not a big McDavid fan either but this guy has 53 points in 35 games and he's getting roasted by dudes in their moms basement im dead :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Hey I'm certainly not the biggest McDavid fan around - but all these posters coming out of the woodworks to bash on him now that he's had a bad stretch and acting like it's embarrassing... that's really sad lol.

Even in this "down year" he's on pace to very possibly top Kucherov's 128 point season - which would be the highest total in about 30 years. Give me a break, it's a bit lame everyone coming in here to make fun of him lol.

McDavid always finishes seasons very strongly - he's not done yet. Still a very very real possibility he will top 130 this year

Schadenfreude is real, and its fun. Oiler fans were saying he could be a 200 point player, and was pretty much a lock for 150. Many of us were derided when we said that was unrealistic and 130ish points likely was closer to a realistic ceiling. Now that its clear that some of his total last season was pumped up by circumstances, and not what his real ceiling is, its fun to point it out.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Beljavskij

Jan 10, 2022
And my HFBoards brethren will stay updated! Hopefully in a month we can upgrade it to 175 point watch!

The powerplay has been so potent that McDavid could feasibly end up even clearly higher than 150 points. No, seriously, his oish% is not that much higher than it has been the last couple of years and he is on pace for 210 points. 150 points doesn't seem like a stretch at all.

I don't know if any limits can be put on him. He has increased his shot volume. I think 60+ goals could well happen. I am thinking that maybe he has put his sights on 50 in 50 too...

I have seen Gretzky. I have seen Lemieux. I really think Mc David is better than both of them. Just an incredible hockey player. The Oilers are so blessed to have 2 of the best hockey players of all time to play for them.

We on that 187 point pace now!

Going back to the start of this thread makes for some good (hysterical and very hyped) reading. Did not age well.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
What I never got was the constant need by Oilers fans to state just how far ahead both McDavid and Draisaitl are from their competition, which is definitely not true. Firstly, Kucherov has a season that's 12 points better than either McDavid or Draisaitl season. The degree of separation amongst the top forwards really isn't that extreme, and nowhere near where Lemieux/Gretzky were in relation to their peers. Yet, that's the constant comparison we get.

McDavid is clearly ahead of players like MacKinnon, Huberdeau, etc.. but it's not a Gretzky level of separation. It's not even a prime Crosby level of separation.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Lmao who cares anymore. The team he plays for is poverty.

So sad to the Oilers state

Reactions: AHassan

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Well, I guess I'm glad that this whole "Gretzky-level" bullshit can be put to rest. Playing at a Gretzky-level means that you win the Art Ross and Hart every year, lapping the field 2-3 times over, for a decade straight, breaking every record imaginabe in the process.

McDavid put up a bunch of points in a fantasyland outlier covid season and fell on his face in the playoffs. The kid ain't no Wayne.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I jsut want state something I know oilerfans will hate. McDaddy has NEVER made a good line. Even with good players, it wont be that dynamic. Yeah, Maroon. But not without Draisiatl.

Ok, no one of them are Rantanen, but anyway. Why?? Puljujärvi is good, Hyman has lifted Torontos hotshot lines. But in december, they got like floored.

So, what is that tving with McDavid, he needs to fill something in his game.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Its actually hilarious, im not a big McDavid fan either but this guy has 53 points in 35 games and he's getting roasted by dudes in their moms basement im dead :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I mean he is also getting roasted by millionaires, some of the most respected analysts and hockey minds, but don’t let me take an opportunity away from you to insinuate anybody who criticizes McDavid must be living in their moms basement.

Last edited:

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Scoring has been way up this season, so yeah. He wouldn’t have hit 140 from 2009-2019, and you can’t convince me otherwise.

Prime Jagr was from 1994-2006, or ages 22 through 34. Funny how when he was rattling off all those Art Rosses and playing his best hockey that he couldn’t break 130 after scoring went down in 96-97.

Funny how when scoring went down, OV can’t top 90 points anymore in his prime, but an aging 37 year old OV can push for 100 this year. It’s almost like scoring has gone significantly up this year, which can be clearly measured with league wide goals per game averages.

Interesting that a 30 plus year old Jagr on a Rangers team that didn't exactly have great players managed to put up 123 points which is something these guys in their primes struggle to sniff at. Jagr by that point was not even in his prime. Scoring was obviously down as while he played for the caps guys like naslund and bertuzzi were in the hunt for art ross trophies. I mean none of these guys had to carry the strakas, hrdinas and other such players on their lines. Ovy and backstrom, McDrai, and so on. If Kucherov got 128 prime Jagr isnt going lower....most likely has another 15 points or so on him.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Does anyone care anymore. These individual points have gotten the team so far away from the playoffs it's pathetic. Play defense you moron!

From McDavid’s perspective it makes sense. The only way he’ll be considered better than Crosby is regular season points because his team will suck whether he plays defense or not. I bet he can’t wait until his contract is up.

Last edited:

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Interesting that a 30 plus year old Jagr on a Rangers team that didn't exactly have great players managed to put up 123 points which is something these guys in their primes struggle to sniff at. Jagr by that point was not even in his prime. Scoring was obviously down as while he played for the caps guys like naslund and bertuzzi were in the hunt for art ross trophies. I mean none of these guys had to carry the strakas, hrdinas and other such players on their lines. Ovy and backstrom, McDrai, and so on. If Kucherov got 128 prime Jagr isnt going lower....most likely has another 15 points or so on him.

Jagr was 33 in that 2006 season, why are you acting like he was an old man out of his prime? That’s absolute still a prime year for him, in fact that is basically his peak. He had played little nhl hockey before the lockout, then gets the whole lockout year to take it easy, and then comes back to the highest scoring era in a decade.

Who are these guys in their prime? Because Malkin, McDavid, Crosby, Kucherov, Thornton, all sniffed or even beat that in a lower or same scoring era. Do you enjoy making things up? Because you thinking Jagr would beat out Kucherov that year by 15 points is honestly laughable, and has no grounding in reality. Lemieux could do that, not Jagr. Jagr would be going toe to toe with Drai if he was playing now. Which is still incredible. Just don’t make him out to be Lemieux and above McDavid or Crosby when he clearly is not.

Last edited:

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Jagr was 33 in that 2006 season, why are you acting like he was an old man out of his prime? That’s absolute still a prime year for him, in fact that is basically his peak.

Gretzky, Howe, St-Louis because of injury are the only players to ever win an Art Ross at 33 or more, winner tend to be all under 30, offensive peak is rarely long past at 33 and it was for Jagr.

Peak Jagr was 22 to 28 year's old like most player, where he could win the Art ross playing only 63 games or outscore the opposition like this:

1.Jaromír Jágr • PIT127
2.Teemu Selänne* • MDA107
3.Paul Kariya* • MDA101
4.Peter Forsberg* • COL97
5.Joe Sakic* • COL9
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Gretzky, Howe, St-Louis because of injury are the only players to ever win an Art Ross at 33 or more, winner tend to be all under 30, offensive peak is rarely long past at 33 and it was for Jagr.

Peak Jagr was 22 to 28 year's old like most player, where he could win the Art ross playing only 63 games or outscore the opposition like this:

1.Jaromír Jágr • PIT127
2.Teemu Selänne* • MDA107
3.Paul Kariya* • MDA101
4.Peter Forsberg* • COL97
5.Joe Sakic* • COL9
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Thats still prime Jagr. Plenty of players have had productive seasons at that age. Didn’t the Sedins just win the Art Ross at 30 and 31? Makes me feel you didn’t even look into this info. Jagr hadn’t played hardly any games in the nhl from 31 to 33 too, just coming out of Washington dogging it every night, and goes into a lockout season, so he was pretty rested for that season. He also didn’t win the Art Ross anyway.

Last edited:

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Thats still prime Jagr. Plenty of players have had productive seasons at that age. Didn’t the Sedins just win the Art Ross at 31 and 32? Makes me feel you didn’t even look into this info. Jagr hadn’t played hardly any games in the nhl from 31 to 33 too, so he was pretty rested for that season. He also didn’t win the Art Ross anyway.

Sedin are part of the generation of later bloomer Swede, Daniel won at is 30 year's old season and Henrik 29 (according to hockey reference system) and that is historically on the older side of winners. And the KHL time/lock-out maybe explain in part why the longevity at that elite level.

It was still in is prime obviously, no one that is not Gretzky/Lemieux out of their prime achieve to be that close to the Ross, but it was a quite significant step below peak Jagr, no way 33 year's old Jagr win an Art Ross playing less than 65 games or dominate peak Selanne-Kariya playing together like that.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016

Prime Jagr was from 1994-2006, or ages 22 through 34. Funny how when he was rattling off all those Art Rosses and playing his best hockey that he couldn’t break 130 after scoring went down in 96.

I am not disagreeing with you, Jagr would however beat Crosby, Ovechkin and the rest for the Ross in a majority of his healthy, prime, seasons. Where that leaves McDavid in relation to all of them? I don't know but I am certain that he is in that group of player and not in a tier above in terms of offence and in terms of career he got a lot of ground to make up.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
After watching the game last night, it seems McDavid has mentally checked out and left the building. Barring some Magnitude Level Nine event in Edmonton, can't really see that changing.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Sedin are part of the generation of later bloomer Swede, Daniel won at is 30 year's old season and Henrik 29 (according to hockey reference system) and that is historically on the older side of winners. And the KHL time/lock-out maybe explain in part why the longevity at that elite level.

It was still in is prime obviously, no one that is not Gretzky/Lemieux out of their prime achieve to be that close to the Ross, but it was a quite significant step below peak Jagr, no way 33 year's old Jagr win an Art Ross playing less than 65 games or dominate peak Selanne-Kariya playing together like that.

Okay? He was in his prime! A couple seasons removed from his peak. Jagr had a trend where he chilled for 4 seasons in the middle of his prime, spending no effort in Washington and a lockout, and coming back and being abnormally productive for his age. He did the same thing returning from the KHL. Teemu did this as well. The rest benefited Jagr so he came back extremely productive that first year, and still not that old at 33.

Daniel won his at 30. That was his peak! Many players are productive in their early 30s, and there are countless examples. It’s the mid 30s, 35+ where it starts to become impressive and rare to still be performing near your peak. Not that rare at 30-33.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
I am not disagreeing with you, Jagr would however beat Crosby, Ovechkin and the rest for the Ross in a majority of his healthy, prime, seasons. Where that leaves McDavid in relation to all of them? I don't know but I am certain that he is in that group of player and not in a tier above in terms of offence and in terms of career he got a lot of ground to make up.

No, he wouldn’t, and the stats clearly show that McDavid and Crosby scored just as high, actually slightly higher when you adjust for eras, in their peaks. Jagr would be there with OV, Malkin, and Drai, where when he is at his absolute best he might match a peak Crosby or McDavid on a low end year.

Crosby and McDavid are just so much more consistently at the top of the league in scoring, and neither had multiple seasons in their prime where they weren’t top 5 players in the game, like Jagr and OV had. Can you imagine if Crosby fell off his game at 28, then wasn’t even a top player at 29 and 30? People would lose it because he is just held to a higher standard. At 29 years old, Jagr is debatably no longer a top 5 player. 30 years old, Jagr finished 17th in PPG. At 31, he finished 22nd. At 32, Crosby finished 2nd in hart voting and tied for 5th in points, and people say he has fallen off these past few seasons. That’s the difference between a Crosby/McDavid, and an Ovechkin/Jagr

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad