Conclusions from the Stanley Cup Final - Post Game.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
Always makes zero sense to me when the losing team's player wins the playoff mvp. Each writer should just make 3 votes for each team in a game 7 situation and the winning vote getter from the winning team wins the Smythe.

What part makes no sense? It seems fairly obvious to me that it is possible to be the most valuable player and be on the losing team. There is a bias against voting for someone on the losing side, which ensures they will have to earn it (like McDavid did this year). If Barkov had 35 points or something there is no shot McDavid would have got it.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
I was disappointed by the whole situation. I wanted to see McDavid fighting tears while posing with the trophy the way Giguere did. That wasn't humiliating at all. Giguere looked like a big man not afraid to show his emotions. But being disappointed at times (a lot of times!) is part of the experience.
There's one thing I need to say though:

Nobody will remember he didn't stick around the pick up the trophy.
This is wrong!

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I was at the game yesterday. There's got to be a better more official and more fan friendly way of celebrating the cup.

1. Skate with the Cup around the ring. That way every fan will have a picture with it. Looks much more impressive than small circles.

2. Picking Up Conn Smythe Trophy should be in the Contract. What happened yesterday was awkward and stupid. Show some class, be humble, and learn how to lose. Pick up a trophy or change it's meaning. This is a pro league, you have to come out.

3. Make the losing team stay on the ice until Conn Smythe Trophy. Provide them with some kind of award: flowers, silver medal, etc. Just like at international level, or youth level. Losing in the final is no shame.

4. Let players thank and say good bye to the fans at one corner of the ice.

5. Allow people who bought tickets to receive the stubs for the final.
Players have zero interest in silver medals….

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Stop making excuses for him. Imagine being the biggest name in hockey and you're being presented by the league commissioner in what is arguably the most prestigious individual award in pro sports. The Conn Smythe is that highly regarded, it's not some chump trophy.
So what.

Don't we have a Fake Rage thread?

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Watch it be awarded at the end of season award shows starting next season because Gary Bettman doesn't want to be embarrassed again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad