Proposal: Colorado - Dallas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If the Stars are fighting for a wildcard spot at the TDL, will they even sell? Considering the run they went on ~2 years ago, I have my doubts.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
OK we get it, this Logan O'Connor guy is far too important to the Avalanche to trade. Here's an option where you can keep him and keep your 1st for another rental.

Pavelski @ 50% for Alex Newhook

no bias here... and I will not stand for any criticism, please let me dream
No criticism from me.

You have to remember that O'Connor is as close to a home grown prospect not drafted in the 1st round that the Avs have. And that's going back to Ryan O'Reilly.

He was undrafted from DU so a local connection. That plus a 1.05mil a year deal is cherry on top.

Far to important, I agree.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
No criticism from me.

You have to remember that O'Connor is as close to a home grown prospect not drafted in the 1st round that the Avs have. And that's going back to Ryan O'Reilly.

He was undrafted from DU so a local connection. That plus a 1.05mil a year deal is cherry on top.

Far to important, I agree.
god bless

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
If the Stars are fighting for a wildcard spot at the TDL, will they even sell? Considering the run they went on ~2 years ago, I have my doubts.

As do the rest of us.

They're two points back of the Sharks for WC2, with four games in hand. Not a bad spot to be.

But they've also been one of the streakiest teams in the league all season long, and who knows how complacent their GM wants to be if they stay firmly entrenched in that group with the western Canadian teams.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
If Dallas isn't in the playoff picture at the TDL, I'd be much more interested in:

To Avs:
Holtby

To Stars:
3rd round pick
I have a feeling that Dallas will be close enough like they currently are where a 3rd is not enough. Now you throw a price Nill can’t say no too and its’s a different story. 3rd is not it. I would rather Holtby sign an extension in Dallas over a 3rd.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I have a feeling that Dallas will be close enough like they currently are where a 3rd is not enough. Now you throw a price Nill can’t say no too and its’s a different story. 3rd is not it. I would rather Holtby sign an extension in Dallas over a 3rd.

Based on P% they are currently in the 2nd wildcard spot in the West, so you're probably right that they won't be sellers. I just think the Avs need an insurance goalie for the playoffs more than anything else, but probably won't be looking to spend more than a 3rd on a guy that would ideally never play a game for us.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
They are cheap bottom6 players with upside. Also under control for years. I`m pretty sure O`Connor is worth a 2nd and Jost a 3rd on their own. Dallas is in need of cheap players with upside. I actually think this would benefit Dallas. I was actually gonna propose Newhook, but I doubt Colorado moves him. They will loose Kadri after this season and he is probably their next 2C. Byrams health is a concern and I doubt he is movable either.
So you think a 2nd, 3rd cap dump and next years first is enough for Pavelski and Klingberg both at 50%????

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Girard is >> Pavs.

Pavs is 38 next season. Not a guy you’re rushing to resign.

If he puts up numbers at 38 that are even close to what he's doing at 37 (over a point per game), and he wants to stick around, I don't see Joe Sakic turning him away. :dunno:

Who knows, though. Might depend on what Byram ends up doing, maybe Colorado doesn't want to lose too much off the back end.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Why are Montreal fans so interested in and have such strong opinions about Logan O'Connor. It's not like the Avs fans are saying we're going to trade him for a first, unlike Montreal fans with every mediocre/poor player on their team. LOL.

HABs fans have more excitement on the HB Board than on the ice. :laugh:

Reactions: John Mandalorian

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
What? Girard is, by far, the most valuable piece of that trade for either team.

So Flip the draft picks and remove Annunen.
No thanks. I don’t like the idea of a small defender. He is talented but you are way over valuing him. I saw the original trade and was not even close to being interested for a Dallas perspective. No idea who Annunen even is. Clearly not a top prospect.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
No thanks. I don’t like the idea of a small defender. He is talented but you are way over valuing him. I saw the original trade and was not even close to being interested for a Dallas perspective. No idea who Annunen even is. Clearly not a top prospect.

Think he's their Colton Point.

Depth goalie prospect.

Wouldn't surprise me if Dallas took an interest in him though, because of course Finland.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Think he's their Colton Point.

Depth goalie prospect.

Wouldn't surprise me if Dallas took an interest in him though, because of course Finland.
Now I see the interest. Nill is trying to assemble team Finland in Dallas.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Now I see the interest. Nill is trying to assemble team Finland in Dallas.

Just checked, out of pure curiosity, and Dallas has 5 of the 46 signed Finnish-born skaters.

Florida has another five.

No one else has more than three.

So, yeah, Dallas adding a goalie into the mix sorta makes sense. :laugh:

howboutahug

Mar 20, 2018
Rocky Mountains
He's the best goalie prospect Avs have drafted since David Aebischer.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
To COL:
Pavelski
Hakanpaa
Holtby

To DAL:
Compher
Girard
Annunen
2022 3rd