Proposal: Colorado - Dallas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If he puts up numbers at 38 that are even close to what he's doing at 37 (over a point per game), and he wants to stick around, I don't see Joe Sakic turning him away. :dunno:

Who knows, though. Might depend on what Byram ends up doing, maybe Colorado doesn't want to lose too much off the back end.

That's the gamble though, it's only a matter of time with Pavelski before his play falls off a cliff. Ultimately depends on how much he wants - if he's cheap i'm sure Sakic will welcome him back with open arms, but if he wants $5+ mil the Avs can't afford that gamble.

Regardless, Girard isn't getting traded with the uncertainty around Byram.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Girard is the only piece that holds any value in the offer
A second round pick holds no value? A 3rd holds no value? Avs acquired Toews and Bura for deals based entirely around those picks bro.

annunen also holds value. And Girard holds huge value. He’s playing great. He’s been great for years. He’s also 23.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
A second round pick holds no value? A 3rd holds no value? Avs acquired Toews and Bura for deals based entirely around those picks bro.

annunen also holds value. And Girard holds huge value. He’s playing great. He’s been great for years. He’s also 23.
Not for the ask it doesn't

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Yeah you really got nowhere to go with yours
My comment was a fact. That 2nd and 3rd round picks carry value.

your comment that they don’t is just stupid. That’s a stupid comment to come out of your brain. But go ahead and triple down on it.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
A 2023 2nd and Jost for Guroux! Dude has a full NMC so Philly holds no cards of Giroux wants to steer himself to the Avs.
I can't see that offer motivating the Flyers to trade Giroux. Last minute deal if all else falls apart for Philly, but I would assume they are after a 1st for Giroux. Avs don't have one so the 2023 1st and an add for the pick deferral - Maybe Jost or another lesser prospect.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
My comment was a fact. That 2nd and 3rd round picks carry value.

your comment that they don’t is just stupid. That’s a stupid comment to come out of your brain. But go ahead and triple down on it.
Fine little value. Especially in the deal proposed
My aren't we a little too full of oneself

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
No thanks. I don’t like the idea of a small defender. He is talented but you are way over valuing him. I saw the original trade and was not even close to being interested for a Dallas perspective. No idea who Annunen even is. Clearly not a top prospect.
Girard would be the second best defender on the Stars day one. He’d play 23 minutes a game for Dallas.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I can't see that offer motivating the Flyers to trade Giroux. Last minute deal if all else falls apart for Philly, but I would assume they are after a 1st for Giroux. Avs don't have one so the 2023 1st and an add for the pick deferral - Maybe Jost or another lesser prospect.
Avs can’t add him at $8.25mm aAV until the TDL when he’s got about $2mm left. So yes. He’d need to be last minute deal. Avs don’t have the cap space to add him today. And hence, he’d come cheaper late with that full NTC. He’s likely only got a few teams he’d move for. Philly doesn’t have much leverage and getting nothing for him in a lost/wasted season is still less than getting something.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yes, 23 year old Sam Girard would still be the far and away most valuable piece in that deal over 38 year old Joe Pavelski.

:laugh: wtf

?

I mean, sure, if a player's age is the one and only thing you're choosing to look at here, then Girard is your guy.

Your GM might surprise you, though, and trade a younger player for an older player. :amazed:

Shocking, I know, but it does happen from time to time!

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Avs can’t add him at $8.25mm aAV until the TDL when he’s got about $2mm left. So yes. He’d need to be last minute deal. Avs don’t have the cap space to add him today. And hence, he’d come cheaper late with that full NTC. He’s likely only got a few teams he’d move for. Philly doesn’t have much leverage and nothing is a wasted season is still less than something.
Even if it's just 3 other teams that offer doesn't seem to be enough.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Fine little value. Especially in the deal proposed
My aren't we a little too full of oneself
I’m not patting myself on the back at all.

I’m pointing out that nonsense you wrote about no value of 2nd and 3rd round picks. Picks which are routinely used as currency to make NhL trades. I cited two examples of the Avs picking up a top pair defender and a second line winger and 25+ per year goal scorer for picks of this variety. Both players with more value than a 37 year old rental forward.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Even if it's just 3 other teams that offer doesn't seem to be enough.
He has a full NTC. So what if 3 or 11 teams offer more if Giroux isn’t waving for them.

if.. say… he’ll only go to Tampa or Colorado, Philly has two choices. That’s it.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Jost is a dime a dozen player. Not worth much (maybe a 3rd?) O’connor is a depth player to be at best and Colorado 1st is going to be a late one due to the fact they will win their division. That doesn’t get Klingberg on its own let alone with some retention.

Pavelski is just the cherry.

Dallas hangs up but not before asking to never call again.

Edit: Colorado doesn’t currently have the assets to get high-end players like Klingberg and Pavelski

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Girard would be the second best defender on the Stars day one. He’d play 23 minutes a game for Dallas.

The dude has one good season to his name. Hard time claiming that he would be anywhere near the second best defender on Dallas. Especially considering how his underlying numbers look this year. Even Hakanpaa is putting up a more effective season. He could of course regain the good, but not going to ‘overpay’ for the potential potential

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Jost is a dime a dozen player. Not worth much (maybe a 3rd?) O’connor is a depth player to be at best and Colorado 1st is going to be a late one due to the fact they will win their division. That doesn’t get Klingberg on its own let alone with some retention.

Pavelski is just the cherry.

Dallas hangs up but not before asking to never call again.

Edit: Colorado doesn’t currently have the assets to get high-end players like Klingberg and Pavelski

Forget Klingberg. The Avs should have no interest in him. Pavelski, on the other hand, can help them. But he's a 37 year old making 7 million dollars and a UFA. Most teams who might be interested in him are against the cap. It's shaping up to be a buyer's market. So, of the playoff teams, some of them will be looking to acquire other player who are also available. Three of the playoff teams don't have 1st round draft picks this year. I'm not sure what you're expecting.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
The dude has one good season to his name. Hard time claiming that he would be anywhere near the second best defender on Dallas. Especially considering how his underlying numbers look this year. Even Hakanpaa is putting up a more effective season. He could of course regain the good, but not going to ‘overpay’ for the potential potential
Girard has had one really good career to date. He’d easily be the second best defenseman on your team. Easily. Thank goodness the Avs wouldn’t remotely entertain moving him for someone of far less value like Pavs.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Girard has had one really good career to date. He’d easily be the second best defenseman on your team. Easily. Thank goodness the Avs wouldn’t remotely entertain moving him for someone of far less value like Pavs.

Avs would be smart to get out of that ugly Girard contract now. Don’t think Dallas goes for it, they probably don’t want to tie themselves to another bad long term contract

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Debatable, definitely not easily.
But at worst he'd be 3rd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad