Proposal: Colorado - Dallas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think Dallas could do better splitting them up in trades. O’Connor and Jost are nice players, but I’m hoping that Dallas is inching towards a rebuild and a couple 1st round picks would be more helpful

And Colorado doesn't need both. We really dont have any need for Klingberg when Makar is already here for PP1, Toews and Girard for PP2, and Byram if he comes back on top of that.

Avs wouldn't pay much for Klingberg simply because we dont need him.

Now, Joe Pavelski is a different story. Personally I would be happy to pay a 1st + Jost + a prospect for Pavelski. He fits everything we need in a forward right now and is a playoff performer as well.

Move Klingberg to a team like Boston who could use another Puck moving PPQB and trade Pavelski to us.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Lets agree to disagree. I believe O`Connor has Top6 potential and Jost is a serviceable bottom6 player.
Jost is a 4th liner with zero upside.

O'Connor has zero offensive upside, he has zero top6 potential

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Calling a guy on pace for 35 points as a rookie a zero offensive upside player is funny.

But it fits with all your other posts related to the Avs. Wrong.

To be fair, he's 25 years old already.

I think 35-40 points is his upside. Would probably even be a bit less on other teams but he's a good fit for the Avs. He definitely has talent and some skill

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
To be fair, he's 25 years old already.

I think 35-40 points is his upside. Would probably even be a bit less on other teams but he's a good fit for the Avs. He definitely has talent and some skill

Doesn't really matter. Late bloomers break out in the league basically every year.

I tend to agree, I don't think he'll ever produce more than ~40 points a year and I'm not even sure he gets that high.

But, suggesting he has zero offensive upside and zero chance at being a Top 6 forward is a laughable post that deserves to be laughed at.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Doesn't really matter. Late bloomers break out in the league basically every year.

I tend to agree, I don't think he'll ever produce more than ~40 points a year and I'm not even sure he gets that high.

But, suggesting he has zero offensive upside and zero chance at being a Top 6 forward is a laughable post that deserves to be laughed at.
Nope, he's not a top6 forwad. Hell a cone could get 40pts playing with Mack.

In a bad team with bo suppport, the guy is a 3rd liner at best.

You don't trade the equivalent of 2 x 1st + 3rd for a late 1st, a busts, a 25yo 3-4th liber and a cap dump

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Hopefully Colorado is not interested in either player. I don't see how either really addresses a weakness on the current Colorado team, at least for Colorado to give anything of significant value.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
OK we get it, this Logan O'Connor guy is far too important to the Avalanche to trade. Here's an option where you can keep him and keep your 1st for another rental.

Pavelski @ 50% for Alex Newhook

no bias here... and I will not stand for any criticism, please let me dream

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
OK we get it, this Logan O'Connor guy is far too important to the Avalanche to trade. Here's an option where you can keep him and keep your 1st for another rental.

Doubt Pavelski get that kind of value as a rental. If we're trading Newhook I would target a young top 6 that has terms.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Why are Montreal fans so interested in and have such strong opinions about Logan O'Connor. It's not like the Avs fans are saying we're going to trade him for a first, unlike Montreal fans with every mediocre/poor player on their team. LOL.

Reactions: Satan

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Doubt Pavelski get that kind of value as a rental. If we're trading Newhook I would target a young top 6 that has terms.
You think a team will trade a young top 6 fwd with term for a potential top 6 fwd ?

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
You think a team will trade a young top 6 fwd with term for a potential top 6 fwd ?
Of course we would've to add alot forgot to mention that. But what's the point trading your best prospect for a 37 years old in his last year contract? I think a 1st + B prospect could get it done IMO. Kinda makes me wonder what other teams are gonna offer Dallas for Pavelski.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Of course we would've to add alot forgot to mention that. But what's the point trading your best prospect for a 37 years old in his last year contract? I think a 1st + B prospect could get it done IMO. Kinda makes me wonder what other teams are gonna offer Dallas for Pavelski.
I don’t think you should trade newhook for pavelski . Pavs would probably return a 1st +. Hard to say what that plus would be .

Reactions: Spilot23

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

The Avs are completely unwilling to give up Newhook for Miller. A similar caliber player to Pavelski but signed for 2 more playoff runs.

No chance in hell they move him for any rental of any kind.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
That’s a very, very low offer. Pavelski and Klingberg are likely going to be two of the top three deadline day possibilities. Dallas can get much more than that.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
No use for klingberg, just adds more of a defensive liability issue that the avs already struggle with at times. Yes please to pavelski though!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad