Proposal: Colorado All In (PHI/ARI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
I'd like to add Giroux, I want nothing to do with Crouse. And like many have said, we aren't doing shit with a goalie who spots the other team two freebies every night, no matter how good the team is at defending, just like last year with Grubauer.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
To win a Stanley Cup?

And to those saying it does not address Avs needs. Does Lawson Crouse not address PK and size/toughness in bottom 6?

Avs are married to Kuemper for this year IMO. I don't want MAF anyway.

And how does that help them win a Cup this year? No guarantee any of them make it to free agency and if they do, then sign with the Avs. Besides the Avs will have plenty of cap space next offseason to sign free agents if desired.

Nothing guarantees a cup this year. So why sacrifice the extended window?

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
This is very small for Arizona. It will harm the club.
Perhaps Arizona itself will look for a third team to withhold wages.
Are you sure it's called Colorado all-in?

Your score reminds me of Toronto's deadline action.
Toronto goes all in. Words remain just words.
The result is very modest. You can reread the 2021 deadline topics.

I think the main indicator that Colorado is going all-in is the Alex Newhook trade.
There are different options for which deal.
Is this not happening?

“Colorado All In”? It's not all-in.

Daft.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Yeah, right. I’m just waiting for you to tell us that Crouse is worth Sidney Crosby.

I'm afraid you'll have to wait a long time for this.
I am glad that the first notes of constructiveness appeared, and not just an attempt to insult.
This also deserves an answer.
Where did I state that Newhook = Crouse?
I have repeatedly written before that Crouse = 1st (OA25-OA32).
Where did I state otherwise?
In the comment to which you insultingly replied, I wrote:

“…I think the main indicator that Colorado is going all-in is the Alex Newhook trade.
Is this not happening?
“Colorado All In”? It's not all-in”.

Where did you find Crouse in my comment?

Reactions: Nowotny

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
I'm afraid you'll have to wait a long time for this.
I am glad that the first notes of constructiveness appeared, and not just an attempt to insult.
This also deserves an answer.
Where did I state that Newhook = Crouse?
I have repeatedly written before that Crouse = 1st (OA25-OA32).
Where did I state otherwise?
In the comment to which you insultingly replied, I wrote:

“…I think the main indicator that Colorado is going all-in is the Alex Newhook trade.
Is this not happening?
“Colorado All In”? It's not all-in”.

Where did you find Crouse in my comment?

And where did you find Newhook in my comment? And why are you deciding that’s exclusively what “all in” means for Colorado?

I don’t subscribe to your newsletter so I’m not aware of your previous observations on Crouse’s value. But I’d be willing to pay that if I’m JS.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
And where did you find Newhook in my comment? And why are you deciding that’s exclusively what “all in” means for Colorado?

I don’t subscribe to your newsletter so I’m not aware of your previous observations on Crouse’s value. But I’d be willing to pay that if I’m JS.

I drew an analogy with your assumption - “I’m just waiting for you to tell us that Crouse is worth Sidney Crosby.”
By the way, I'm not a fan of Colorado and Arizona. I'm a Bill Armstrong fan.

I'll offer my Colorado deal later in this thread.

On the table in front of me are yogurt, hot tea, and a chocolate candy.
I'll take a break with your permission.

Evergreen

that’s not happening. Any deadline trade teams will put top 10 restrictions on 1st traded.
I really doubt it. Teams buying at the deadline expect to be picking later in the draft anyway, so they don't often include lottery protection.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
“Colorado All In“ – this is my option.

This is a 75% deal template.
There may be additions on both sides.
Arizona's main interest is Alex Newhook + Justin Barron.
Colorado's main interest is Jakob Chychrun + @50% ret.

Colorado Avalanche
Lawson Crouse - $1,533,333
Jakob Chychrun - $2,300,000 (@ 50% ret).
TOTAL - $3,833,333

Arizona Coyotes
Alex Newhook - $908,333
J.T. Compher - $3,500,000
TOTAL - $4,408,333
+
Justin Barron - non-roster
Oskar Olausson - non-roster
1st 2023
2nd 2023
3rd 2022

Deal explanations:

Chychrun = Newhook, Olausson, 1st 2023
@ 50% ret = Barron
J.T. Compher = this is a gift.

Crouse = 2nd 2023 + 3rd 2022
Can be removed from the deal at Colorado's will.

Reactions: Nowotny

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Going all in with Darcy Kuemper is a bit of a conundrum. I have very little faith in the Avs have much postseason success with him in net.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Colorado isn't moving futures for Chychrun, good as he is. That wouldn't be "all-in." It would be stupid. Byram's situation means they should not move Girard, but it has not created a new need. Also, I hope nobody pays the equivalent of Newhook, Olausson, and a first for him.

Crouse is an interesting player, however. I could think of worse ways to leverage Colorado's excess of strong D prospects.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
that’s not happening. Any deadline trade teams will put top 10 restrictions on 1st traded.
If you have a piece that multiple teams want, buyers don't get to make extra demands, even if the experts at hfboards say they should.

Girard for Mayfield and Pelech. That's right.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
From the Avs perspective, here’s what’s wrong with this: Giroux, Forsberg, and Hertl have a decent chance to come up for free agency this year. It’s better to hold on to the assets and target one of them.

For that reason, in this scenario, I’d rather target Crouse. Just make it about picks.

Umm.. you seem to be completely missing the point and timing of the trade deadline, and the fact it’s a sellers market this year. Why not wait till the off-season? Well the whole point is they are taking a run at the cup THIS season.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Would be best to get a goalie that doesn't suck. The Avs won't win anything no matter how stacked they get with bad goaltending.
Without better defensive efforts on the PK, won’t matter who is in goal. Avs need a better PK defender most of all. EJ, Jack J both suck at PK defense. Toews isn’t great there either.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Going all in with Darcy Kuemper is a bit of a conundrum. I have very little faith in the Avs have much postseason success with him in net.
I have less faith in a PK that puts such lousy and slow players on defense. Play much better team defense (includes fewer lame ass D zone efforts from MacKinnon), you’ll get better goalie play. JTC not giving away pucks helps too.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
“Colorado All In“ – this is my option.

This is a 75% deal template.
There may be additions on both sides.
Arizona's main interest is Alex Newhook + Justin Barron.
Colorado's main interest is Jakob Chychrun + @50% ret.

Colorado Avalanche
Lawson Crouse - $1,533,333
Jakob Chychrun - $2,300,000 (@ 50% ret).
TOTAL - $3,833,333

Arizona Coyotes
Alex Newhook - $908,333
J.T. Compher - $3,500,000
TOTAL - $4,408,333
+
Justin Barron - non-roster
Oskar Olausson - non-roster
1st 2023
2nd 2023
3rd 2022

Deal explanations:

Chychrun = Newhook, Olausson, 1st 2023
@ 50% ret = Barron
J.T. Compher = this is a gift.

Crouse = 2nd 2023 + 3rd 2022
Can be removed from the deal at Colorado's will.
Too much for Chychrun that is basically four 1st rounders. That gut all of our future for a dman that isn't a need if we considers holes that needs to be fixed first. That price is for a #1 dman which he would be in alot of teams but we already have two dmans that are better than him that's just a waste of assets to me. If we upgrade we could just target someone like Chiarot and get some upgrades in the bottom 6. Jost, Compher and Helm are the problem right now IMO if we want a deep playoff run. That line gets caved on nightly basis and our PK is horrible with those players in it. If we trade the likes of Newhook or Olausson it will be for a #2C or top 6 forwards considering Kadri will prices himself out.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Umm.. you seem to be completely missing the point and timing of the trade deadline, and the fact it’s a sellers market this year. Why not wait till the off-season? Well the whole point is they are taking a run at the cup THIS season.

Im not so sure it’s a sellers market. And I’m not unaware of trying to win a cup. I just object to the desperation that leads to stupidity. In the end, a lot of it’s good fortune, Take 2 years ago. The Avs were good enough to make it to the SC finals but they were slammed with a ton of injuries. Given the reality that the breaks need to go your way, I’m not sure they’re a Giroux away from winning.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have him but not for what you’d likely be expecting,

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
I have less faith in a PK that puts such lousy and slow players on defense. Play much better team defense (includes fewer lame ass D zone efforts from MacKinnon), you’ll get better goalie play. JTC not giving away pucks helps too.

Your excuse making for goalies is epic. Based on what you say, one might assume that there's no such thing as a good or a bad goalie. They're all the same and merely a reflection of the defense.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Too much for Chychrun that is basically four 1st rounders. That gut all of our future for a dman that isn't a need if we considers holes that needs to be fixed first. That price is for a #1 dman which he would be in alot of teams but we already have two dmans that are better than him that's just a waste of assets to me. If we upgrade we could just target someone like Chiarot and get some upgrades in the bottom 6. Jost, Compher and Helm are the problem right now IMO if we want a deep playoff run. That line gets caved on nightly basis and our PK is horrible with those players in it. If we trade the likes of Newhook or Olausson it will be for a #2C or top 6 forwards considering Kadri will prices himself out.

Not certainly in that way.
I wrote: “Chychrun = Newhook, Olausson, 1st 2023”
Chychrun = Newhook, Olausson (OA28), 1st 2023 (OA22-32) = 3 1st.
Is salary withholding not necessary? OK.

I think Colorado should go all in.
Analysis of changes in teams speaks of this.

Judging by your profile picture, you are a Colorado fan.
I think it is your right to decide which position needs to be strengthened.
I think it's your right to decide what price to pay for it.
There is one more person who can decide (JS). :nod:

I watched very few Colorado games this season.
Of course, I could be wrong about Colorado's needs.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Not certainly in that way.
I wrote: “Chychrun = Newhook, Olausson, 1st 2023”
Chychrun = Newhook, Olausson (OA28), 1st 2023 (OA22-32) = 3 1st.

Is salary withholding not necessary? OK.

I think Colorado should go all in.
Analysis of changes in teams speaks of this.

Judging by your profile picture, you are a Colorado fan.
I think it is your right to decide which position needs to be strengthened.
I think it's your right to decide what price to pay for it.
There is one more person who can decide (JS). :nod:

I watched very few Colorado games this season.
Of course, I could be wrong about Colorado's needs.

You might think you can get that from another team. I'd say good luck to you. It would be stupid for Colorado to do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad