Post-Game Talk: Cole's RETURN OF PLUS/MINUS: Pens/Boltzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

I'm never not gonna advocate it.

As Sid/Geno age they need more "heavy lifting" type of players and less skilled finishers. We should be willing to exchange offensive genius for better athletes.

In addition, we need a shakeup.

In addition again, we must keep Zucker.

In addition for the third time, I want no part of the 7 year, $56M deal coming Jake's way in the middle of next season.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Any win for two points this time of year is good. Tampa may not be the team most think it is. But they could be coasting a little here. But I have to admit, the trade deal just was so deflating that Hextall is so bad that Pens potential upgrades just were never going to happen.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I wonder if McGinn's dad was originally invited to be in the road trip. Like "sorry Mr. McGinn, but your son is a dissapoint."

+++ Penguins fans in Tampa
++ PK- that is a LETHAL PP on Tampa. Granlund made a weak ass play on Stamkos goal. But otherwise PK+Jarry was good.
+Jarry- second coming of MAF I swear with amazing saves one minute and weak five holes allowed the next. But the saves were more impressive tonight and he deserves a plus.

-Time for Rakell to be off PP1. Wish the spot could be filled by Chychrun, oh well. Maybe Granlund can help but I have more faith in Ty Smith being the answer if we can fit him, maybe 7D.
a dad had jersey no.23, no idea who that was...

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
I'm never not gonna advocate it.

As Sid/Geno age they need more "heavy lifting" type of players and less skilled finishers. We should be willing to exchange offensive genius for better athletes.

In addition, we need a shakeup.

In addition again, we must keep Zucker.

In addition for the third time, I want no part of the 7 year, $56M deal coming Jake's way in the middle of next season.
We can fit it in when Carter’s hit rolls off and the cap goes up.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Zucker will get like a 5x5 extension so his contract will be right in line with Rakell's contract. The only thing that may potentially jeopardize that is the situation going around with Bally Sports and other RSNs declaring for bankruptcy, but that just impacts the cap going forward.

If the cap goes to $83.5 million, you're sitting with $20.9 million in cap space with 7 F, 6 D and a goalie after dumping McGinn. $5 million for Zucker and $1 million each for Smith, Poehling and O'Connor brings them to 10 F, 7 D and 1 G with $12.9 million in cap space. If you go with both POJ and Smith as regulars next year, I think you have the cap space to be able to afford to bring back Zucker while also adding a good goalie.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I dunno. Why would Bylsma put Iginla on his off wing? we get some dumb people coaching this team.
I don't think dumb. Stubborn maybe.

Like he is the brilliant guy that can fit the square peg in the round hole. Instead of simply putting players where they can best succeed.

You would think that he would at least give the power play guy a whirl or two on the power play.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Though Jannault was a non-factor. Barely noticeable. Not that it really is indicative of anything

Against a team like the Penguins, there's nothing for him to do.

Jeannot was acquired to match up against teams with actual toughness, and accommodate the style of play you see in the playoffs when the refs swallow the whistles (or do they do that only against the Penguins?).

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
We can fit it in when Carter’s hit rolls off and the cap goes up.

The cap isn't going up.

In addition, we need the shake up and we need the assets. With Marino gone Jake is the only one who can bring the assets in the summer that could have easily landed us Chychrun a couple days ago.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The cap isn't going up.

In addition, we need the shake up and we need the assets. With Marino gone Jake is the only one who can bring the assets in the summer that could have easily landed us Chychrun a couple days ago.

The assets that would have landed us Chychrun were 1st round picks from bad teams. What bad team is paying for Jake?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I thought Heinen played well tonight. If we can get last year's Heinen for the second half of this year that'd be big

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad