Post-Game Talk: Cole's RETURN OF PLUS/MINUS: Pens/Boltzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smasher

Jan 25, 2012
Finland
nemecic.bandcamp.com
Some nice goals by the Pens. DOC is exactly what our 4th line needs. 3rd line has gone from ass to meh and hasn't been actively losing us games lately.

IF everything clicks (and something is done about the PP and defense) the Pens CAN upset NJ/CAR/BOS in the playoffs. Is it likely? Hell no, but no one expected them to take the Rangers to 7 games either. We'll see.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
DOC finally getting a good look and doing things.

Sully will probably get credit for giving a young player a chance

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
We played well 5 on 5, pretty badly on special teams, tried hard to beat ourselves but for a change failed to do so. For some reason Tampa is our bitch. Zucker coming up huge and against all odds even Carter was good. I guess this is what happens when bottom sixers are no longer comfortable about their places in the line-ups. We should have tried that like fifty games earlier but better later than never.

Geno was pretty bad for a change but the rest of the team was rolling, even tried moving on the PP more. For some arcane reason we are almost twice as good on the PP at home than on the road. Sure, it's easier to win face-offs at home but this can't explain this enormous discrepancy.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
We played well 5 on 5, pretty badly on special teams, tried hard to beat ourselves but for a change failed to do so. For some reason Tampa is our bitch. Zucker coming up huge and against all odds even Carter was good. I guess this is what happens when bottom sixers are no longer comfortable about their places in the line-ups. We should have tried that like fifty games earlier but better later than never.

Geno was pretty bad for a change but the rest of the team was rolling, even tried moving on the PP more. For some arcane reason we are almost twice as good on the PP at home than on the road. Sure, it's easier to win face-offs at home but this can't explain this enormous discrepancy.
Geno got to play against Point and Kuch all night. If you watch carefully, Rust as F1 was completely ass...did not pressure one time anyone, so they got puck out of their zone easily and once there Kuch and Point were running circles around them...Zucker also sucked positionally, but he redeemed himself scoring on that change and in OT. I am sure Sully sees this shit going on, but he just have them play through, on the other hand that left Sid playing against Cirlli and Stamkos which is much easier, and Carter got to play against Paul and Jeannot so I think Sully was OK with matchups...the other thing is L2 did not allowed a goal (barely) so thats it too...

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
DOC finally getting a good look and doing things.

Played 8:51 total and only 7:36 at even strength.

If Sully wasn't such a dipshit, DOC would play more at ES and also get a good look on the PP (PP2, obviously).

As long as we're stuck with the slightly (lately) rejuvenated corpse of Jeff Carter on PP2 since somebody has to take the faceoffs and Granlund sucks at that, why not run:

Carter
DOC
Zucker
Granlund
Petry

Petry mans the point, Granlund is the "never shoot the damn puck" guy who at least can at least be a second distributor along with Petry, and that's supposed to be how Granlund racks up all those PP points to make up for the fact that he's nothing much at ES.

Carter's big frame can go to the net and help screen the goalie, DOC is willing to do that as well -- imagine a Penguin power play with an actual net front presence, and not only that but TWO guys creating havoc!!!! -- and Zucker can be the 3rd guy down low. Zucker, DOC & Carter can rotate positions as needed.

It'll never happen because (as long as Rakell is on PP1) this alignment would mean that Sully's pet, Brian Rust, sits.

Reactions: Coastal Kev

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Played 8:51 total and only 7:36 at even strength.

If Sully wasn't such a dipshit, DOC would play more at ES and also get a good look on the PP (PP2, obviously).

As long as we're stuck with the slightly (lately) rejuvenated corpse of Jeff Carter on PP2 since somebody has to take the faceoffs and Granlund sucks at that, why not run:

Carter
DOC
Zucker
Granlund
Petry

Petry mans the point, Granlund is the "never shoot the damn puck" guy who at least can at least be a second distributor along with Petry, and that's supposed to be how Granlund racks up all those PP points to make up for the fact that he's nothing much at ES.

Carter's big frame can go to the net and help screen the goalie, DOC is willing to do that as well -- imagine a Penguin power play with an actual net front presence, and not only that but TWO guys creating havoc!!!! -- and Zucker can be the 3rd guy down low. Zucker, DOC & Carter can rotate positions as needed.

It'll never happen because (as long as Rakell is on PP1) this alignment would mean that Sully's pet, Brian Rust, sits.
You’re right. I gave Sully too much credit. DOC is just doing the best he can with what limited time he’s being given.

Reactions: Victor Z

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
5 goals when you only had 10 high danger chances?

That's the magic of good finishing. Just wish we had more nights like this, then we wouldn't be in this mess.
It's an outlier, so enjoy it.
This is why they are such a streaky team. When the puck has eyes for them, they look like world beaters. When the opposite occurs, they don't/can't have a plan B.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
O'Conner everytime he's on the ice he's noticeable in a good way.

I'm hoping that since Guentz is in a rut/not noticeable it means his streakiness will flip the other direction in time for the playoffs...

all i gotta say we get to the playoffs and play great (again) and flameout because of goaltending (again) I hope sleepy is fired the day after.

Reactions: Andy99

Fordy

May 28, 2008
mostly i can’t believe nothing broke in his face. mustache will cover the scar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad