Post-Game Talk: Cole's RETURN OF PLUS/MINUS: Pens/Boltzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
playoff hockey requires a good PP and clutch goaltending…this game had neither…we say we need to fix the PP all the time but nothing happens…put Granlund on PP1 and see if he can make some zone entries and run the PP a la Kessel…will be another first round exit without clutch goaltending and a functional PP
The PP needs to figure itself out, I mean we have enough good player to be able to ice 2 competent PP

Jarry wasn't bad tonight, I thought he was good and has been playing solid of late since coming back from his injury

Reactions: Lustaf

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
The rumor from Friedman is that they want to add another 3rd liner, ideally a physical guy.

But what we have learned over the last week is that no insiders have any god damn clue what Hextall is going to be doing.
Yea that's why I randomly throw out Klingberg. He's been pretty disappointing on a year he bet on himself and it wouldnt fill a real need for our defence. Similar to how Granlund didn't fit lol

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Sids married to the game lol.

He ain't got no time for family life.
Has he learned nothing from Mario? Dad powers enabled him to come back from damn cancer and dunk on the league being unable to skate, all because he wanted Austin to see him play. Cmon man.

Although he DID get mumps pretty bad so...

Reactions: SEALBound

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
They have the cap space to keep Zucker if they want to. If they don't keep him, it will just be them deciding to not keep him.

The only guy you need to move on from to make that work is McGinn. You can go cheap on your 4th line with O'Connor and Poehling being 2/3 of your 4th line and be sitting decently comfortably with the cap.
And Carter, if they can move him we can find someone cheaper

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
They have the cap space to keep Zucker if they want to. If they don't keep him, it will just be them deciding to not keep him.

The only guy you need to move on from to make that work is McGinn. You can go cheap on your 4th line with O'Connor and Poehling being 2/3 of your 4th line and be sitting decently comfortably with the cap.

I think it's more a matter of handing out 4-5 years to an injury prone Zuck. Even at a discount we're looking at 5/$22 or thereabouts.
But the guy is so badly needed. I was really anti but this year he has been a revelation. Can't lose that. Cash in Jakey for assets.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
He has played a lot better since Kappy was traded.
Funny how that works, yeah he's a lot quicker to pucks he's far more noticeable shift in and shift out. It's like he got a new lease on life or something. I hope he can keep it up.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Petts looked really really good tonite.

Doc had a really strong game. There were multiple times he was noticable in a good way.

Zucker......great season.

We would be such a dangerours team if our powerplay was top 5 in the league but it's been disappointing for years.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They played a pretty good road game, boys seem to be picking it up at the right time. Had they not f***ed up the previous 2 weeks against the Islanders mostly, we would be right behind the rags in the standings.
We haven’t shown we can play against the Metro…maybe we’re better off being WC2 lol

• Haha

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
You could probably re-sign Zucker for a cheaper cap hit than his current deal.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Pettersson's advanced stats like bizarrely amazing this season?
He's like second to Erik Karlsson in offensive impact or something stupid like that.

• Wow

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
+++ Petry, Rutta, Petts
+ POJ
--Letang Dumo
=Jarry
+++ Zucker
++DOC
+Sid, JC,Heinen Granlund,
=Archie, Rakell
-Geno,Jake, Rust

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
We swept Tampa and scored 18 goals on them this season. Wow. Tampa is a force at home and wanted to respond after the recent loss to us. Also had a fully healthy lineup. This is a great great win.

Other than PP, I had no complaints. Yes, they gave up quite some chances to Tampa, but everybody will do that on the road against them, having to face that great powerplay 5 times. At least they play with some passion. It has been the case in every game after that EDM collapse actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad