Post-Game Talk: Cole's RETURN OF PLUS/MINUS: Pens/Boltzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
DOC deserves more minutes dammit. Just swap him with Carter already.

1677812037751.png

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Two fantastic passes by Pettersson in this game. The deep lob to Zucker on the breakaway, and then that fantastic shake-and-bake feed to Zucker for the OT winner.

This team has elements that make it dangerous. It'd be nice if the front office could construct a full roster to help them take advantage of those elements.

GregR

Mar 4, 2002
How'd a team every member of the free hockey press declare dead and finished 24 hours ago beat the juggernaut Lightning?

Reactions: Extra Texture

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
++++ Pretty Petry: 2 goals?!?! Letang went out after that horrific puck to the face and Petry stepped up. I thought he was good.

++++ ZUCK THE GOAAAALSCORERRRR

++ Pets not being strong enough to ice the puck: Okay but in all seriousness that was a DOPE assist. Incredible. If McDavid or Sid did that, it would be top 5 on sportscenter for the 15 people who still watch shitty ass ESPN.

++ DOC: Was noticeable all game. He is the one guy in the bottom 6 who looks to have a pulse.

++ Rutta's lame ass clapping and waves: :biglaugh:

+ Jarry: The good is that Jarry was good. The bad is that we still give up 4+ goals because our defense is so so so so so bad. Team defense is garbage. It's just so garbage. I thought Jarry was good. Not great. Good. And good goaltending still gives up over 3 every night. We need insane goaltending because this team defense bloooooooooows.

+ 3rd line was moving and grooving at the combined age of 46.

- Powerplay: It really does change the game for the worse. Thank goodness we got a powerplay dude who will never see PP1.
Miss ya when you're not around.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Been a long time since we got a good old fashioned @ColePens +/-. Love to see it. Old school.

+ Top line was good. Not great but fine

+ Credit to the third line. I didn't like the trade, still don't, but for one game they played well. Build on it

+ Petry was in beast mode

+ MP's playmaking. Two beautiful passes

+ DOC. He's been building towards that goal for a while. Playing such strong hockey out there.

- Letang was AWFUL. Turnover after turnover. I feel bad that he took those shots and he's had a tough year, but good grief Kris. Totally brainless tonight.

- Powerplay. It's cost us points all year and almost did tonight. I thought a couple of the PPs actually looked decent, but no results and the one in the third was horrific.

- This coaching staff and Hextall for not recognizing what we all did way earlier in the year: DOC should be playing. His forechecking is something this team sorely needs. Stupid to ever scratch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad