Post-Game Talk: Cole's RETURN OF PLUS/MINUS: Pens/Boltzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
They played a pretty good road game, boys seem to be picking it up at the right time. Had they not f***ed up the previous 2 weeks against the Islanders mostly, we would be right behind the rags in the standings.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Hell of a game to get 2 points in.

-3rd line was terrific. I still think Granlund's usage by Sullivan is nonsensical, but it worked at 5v5 today. He needs to not be a regular PKer, though. Put him on PP2 and let him use his main playmaking talents.
-Letang was bad, bad, bad, BAD. I think Petry has just been way better than Letang has this year.
-O'Connor establishing himself as a legit NHLer going forward is a godsend for their 4th line going forward. O'Connor and Poehling as 2/3 of their 4th line is going to make a really nice and young 4th line going forward.
-The powerplay sucks and I'm at the point where I just think their top PP unit just has bad powerplay players. Letang and Guentzel shouldn't be on PP1.
-Re-sign Zucker you cowards.

Now let's just see what else Hextall has in store for the deadline. I'm expecting 1 more move to bump Heinen off of L3.
After that game? And knowning we were in it till the end for chychrun? We're getting a defenceman, maybe Klingberg?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
playoff hockey requires a good PP and clutch goaltending…this game had neither…we say we need to fix the PP all the time but nothing happens…put Granlund on PP1 and see if he can make some zone entries and run the PP a la Kessel…will be another first round exit without clutch goaltending and a functional PP

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Never-surrender GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Zucker has been showing everyone since the end of last year why we went out and got him finally.

Sadly we got his best bud granny who is going to eat up his cap and he won't be resigned.

Cursed.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Zucker has been showing everyone since the end of last year why we went out and got him finally.

Sadly we got his best bud granny who is going to eat up his cap and he won't be resigned.

Cursed.

They have the cap space to keep Zucker if they want to. If they don't keep him, it will just be them deciding to not keep him.

The only guy you need to move on from to make that work is McGinn. You can go cheap on your 4th line with O'Connor and Poehling being 2/3 of your 4th line and be sitting decently comfortably with the cap.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
++Zucker
++DOC
++Petry
+Petts

+/- Sid
+/- Granlund. Clearly has offensive talent, he plays so passively on defense. One of these "I got the secondary/tertiary" type dudes who is afraid to actually defend the puck carrier. Can't stand it. Why is he PKing? Unneeded. Hopefully after Poehling returns that will be over.

--This was a Rondu game because Geno was horrible
--This was also a Rondu game because Letang was horrible

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
It’s a huge win. Props to those deserving props. Not least the goal scorers all of whom were excellent, but the 3rd line was actually legit good and Petterson had another really strong game.

The problem was the PP where Letang and Guentzel were again absolute killers, and Letang in general couldn’t easily have played worse if he tried. We were much, much better without him in the ice. Also want to say that Rust had an awful game.

But…. If one could correct at least the PP (just get Zucker and Petry on it) and get Poehling back…. this team can compete. Not with Boston probably, but that might well be the case for anyone.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I will say again.

This past off-season, unless I am misremembering, Zucker was a cap dump that teams were demanding a first to take off our hands.

Gives some hope for the trade most here hate to one degree or another.

Reactions: Turin and Lustaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad