Post-Game Talk: Cole's Minus/Minus Thread: The Pens duck a win to continue their impressive streak!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
sully has pushed so many right buttons as a coach this season, but the ones he's missed are costly, and this is one he's determined to miss when it's *most* costly. maybe it's a three in four concern, but the team's on the schnide and riiko hasn't exactly had a heavy load. dressing two of JJ, JS and ZT at this point is p*ss poor judgment, imo.
Right, and this inane and nonsensical agenda that is prevalent here is obviously getting the better of him in properly assessing each of these players talents and abilities.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I don't know why people are piling on Sullivan when Crosby has played like shit ever since the adrenaline of his comeback wore off. I listened to Bourque on the radio say that Zucker and Crosby weren't showing chemistry, and all I could think was "maybe they'd show chemistry if Crosby stopped playing like crap".

Imagine bitching about guys like Trotman, JJ, Sullivan or Simon when the reason you're losing games is because the captain is playing with his head up his ass.

Id say a strong mix of both bad players and a coach making bad decisions regarding bad players.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I will say this, WAS, TB and PIT have all gone through rough spots lately. When you lose momentum it;s a bitch sometimes to get it back. Heck even Boston got blown out a couple in a row. Confidence and momentum can be a very fragile thing.
the only difference is that a few of us saw that last 5-6 games we won on a pure luck and goaltending...our game dissapeared...I think even Sully knew it....what worries me tonight that Geno had his first terrible game in a while and that he was -2, reminiscent of the last season...

Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Team has serious issues on defense, and Trotman doesn’t count as NHL depth, JR.

But.. by and large they are still in a slump, and unlucky.

Also, it needs to be said again, you ain’t winning shit with the recent save percentages being put up.

It’s hard because JJ ain’t getting scratched and what else can we really add if Dumo and Marino are coming soon. It’s like they know and are shitting the bed even more because Schultz and Trots / Riikola / Ruh are stop gaps.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's why I genuinely don't get why people are bitching about Sullivan, Trotman, Sheary or whoever. The reason they're losing games right now is because Crosby is playing like shit. If Crosby was playing to the level he should be playing at, at least 2 of the last 5 losses would be wins. Complaining about having a nagging knee injury when you're literally dying because of a gunshot wound doesn't make any sense.

Crosby needs to be better, but at the same time maybe they shouldn't saddle a 32 year old just coming off core muscle surgery with arguably the worst linemates among top line centers in the league and expect him to look sharp?

He's at an age where he shouldn't be expected to be the sole source of offensive creativity for his line. And that's when he's NOT coming off of major surgery that's going to affect his explosiveness/strength. The Pens thinking Simon/Sheary is fine for that top line is a bigger issue going forward. Seriously, what other contender has a winger as bad as Sheary/Simon on their top line?

Like I said, he definitely has to be better. But we're also at a stage in his career where we can't expect him to do everything for his line, and if he has an off night, the line sucks. Sheary wasn't the answer, yet that's who JR decided to go out and get.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I want to just also give a special shoutout to Geno for having his worst game of the season when even average-'19/'20 Geno gets us a goal tonight.

You're my favorite player. What happened tonight?

Morning Boys. .... You Geno.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I want to believe they can get it back. But it's getting awfully late. Going from AHL bozos to top-pairing NHL D will help but man...something is just off. This should be a December lull, not March.
Once we took over the division lead we look like a different team. You add to that a lot of turnover to the roster, and all such things are contributing negatively. We just look out of sorts. We're having trouble keeping the puck, supporting the puck and maintaining momentum and possession.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I’m going all in tomorrow with SB$.

Guaranteed win! Time to take out the trash

giphy.gif

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Crosby needs to be better, but at the same time maybe they shouldn't saddle a 32 year old just coming off core muscle surgery with arguably the worst linemates among top line centers in the league and expect him to look sharp?

He's at an age where he shouldn't be expected to be the sole source of offensive creativity for his line. And that's when he's NOT coming off of major surgery that's going to affect his explosiveness/strength. The Pens thinking Simon/Sheary is fine for that top line is a bigger issue going forward. Seriously, what other contender has a winger as bad as Sheary/Simon on their top line?

Like I said, he definitely has to be better. But we're also at a stage in his career where we can't expect him to do everything for his line, and if he has an off night, the line sucks. Sheary wasn't the answer, yet that's who JR decided to go out and get.

I could care less about any of Sullivan’s other coaching decisions, but his decision to put Sid as the # 1 dude on this team with how we were rolling was the most egregious.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Once we took over the division lead we look like a different team. You add to that a lot of turnover to the roster, and all such things are contributing negatively. We just look out of sorts. We're having trouble keeping the puck, supporting the puck and maintaining momentum and possession.

They acted like taking the division lead was a f'ing Coronation. In a game where they scored sick goals but got outplayed.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m really not looking forward to watching the boys live tomorrow and it’s not fun to say that...

Reactions: EightyOne

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
Honestly why is Riikola still here if Sullivan hates him that much? He hated Cole, Kessel and Kahun and they all gone.

wonder how long until the management gets tired of this shit. JR won’t fire him obviously.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I want to just also give a special shoutout to Geno for having his worst game of the season when even average-'19/'20 Geno gets us a goal tonight.

You're my favorite player. What happened tonight?

Morning Boys. .... You Geno.
see my post...same thing...and you know we are in trouble when Geno makes the change just hopes on ice and we got scored on, he gets minus...that happened like 20 times last season...this is the first time this season...sign of reverse fortune ????? hope not...

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Read another good point on Twitter.
Lafferty is twice the player ERod is right now.
Another bad decision by Mike Sullivan.

Meh. Play the new guy he’s an NHL player. See how he fits. Laff ain’t changing the results

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad