Post-Game Talk: Cole's Minus/Minus Thread: The Pens duck a win to continue their impressive streak!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DRAGO 18

Jan 17, 2006
Pittsburgh
------------------ SULLY

Zucker scores twice, so logically he rides the bench in the last minute....

Zach Trotman never needs to see NHL ice ever again

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't know why people are piling on Sullivan when Crosby has played like shit ever since the adrenaline of his comeback wore off. I listened to Bourque on the radio say that Zucker and Crosby weren't showing chemistry, and all I could think was "maybe they'd show chemistry if Crosby stopped playing like crap".

Imagine bitching about guys like Trotman, JJ, Sullivan or Simon when the reason you're losing games is because the captain is playing with his head up his ass.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
this game was 100% lost when sully decided to once again indulge his hate-on for riikola

he directly gifted two goals to the ducks in what was largely a one goal game

the pens haven't been rolling over and dying this trip, but they haven't had much go their way, either, and that's extra hard when the handicapping starts behind the bench

again, simply playing *five defensemen* might actually have been preferable. get the f*** over yourself, sully.

It's actually just bizarre at this point. His dislike of Riikola for no apparent reason is Bylsma-level weirdness.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Ohwell, when they feel like playing hockey again I guess they will let us know. JR needs to get rid of all of the D beyond Letang, Dumo, Marino, Riikola.

Reactions: ownal

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
But you know who doesn't work hard? Sheary. He's almost embarrassing in the defensive zone. And he doesn't win many battles on the offensive zone either. He's good in the NZ with time and space. That's what he is. All lipstick. Nothing real that will translate to the playoffs.

That's on brand.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I don't know why people are piling on Sullivan when Crosby has played like shit ever since the adrenaline of his comeback wore off. I listened to Bourque on the radio say that Zucker and Crosby weren't showing chemistry, and all I could think was "maybe they'd show chemistry if Crosby stopped playing like crap".

The numbers don’t lie, the Pens have been a bad team since he came back.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
this game was 100% lost when sully decided to once again indulge his hate-on for riikola

he directly gifted two goals to the ducks in what was largely a one goal game

the pens haven't been rolling over and dying this trip, but they haven't had much go their way, either, and that's extra hard when the handicapping starts behind the bench

again, simply playing *five defensemen* might actually have been preferable. get the f*** over yourself, sully.
Riikola wasn't going to save us from losing, but he would have helped us over Suckman.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015

Crosby isn’t free of blame but the team was controlling play and the ducks had no shots until trotman gives it to them and scores for them. If that doesn’t happen and the pens score first the game is different.

And the decision to play him is 1000 percent on Sullivan.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
if they spin that this is somehow bad luck tonight...we had 3 HSCF at even strength all night...3 real chances...created this was awful show up, Geno's worst game iof the season, Letang was absolutely awful and our goalies now are just plain meh goalies...

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I hope Sully actually learned something from playing Trotman tonight. Although I doubt it due to his incredible stubborn streak. If however losing five in a row doesn't humble you ever so slightly then you're really f***ed!

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The numbers don’t lie, the Pens have been a bad team since he came back.

It's why I genuinely don't get why people are bitching about Sullivan, Trotman, Sheary or whoever. The reason they're losing games right now is because Crosby is playing like shit. If Crosby was playing to the level he should be playing at, at least 2 of the last 5 losses would be wins. Complaining about having a nagging knee injury when you're literally dying because of a gunshot wound doesn't make any sense.

Reactions: Gallatin

barbosa

Mar 21, 2016
Pittsburgh
I'm surprised there's little 58 hate from this game. He was horrible. Most of the team was clumsy AF but 58 was flat out horrible...and stupid. Same 58 from early 2010's getting emotional and taking penalties, bad BAD turnovers...
I'm holding out faith. 6&8 come back, this stretch is a wake-up call... Let's be positive!

Hobodrifter

Jan 23, 2009
Jeannette
Pens can't score goals. It's actually fascinating to see, in a morbid sort of way.

It would have been nice to add some offense to this forward group instead of just more bottom six depth. But nah, gotta build a team full of "speed with no finish".

Whatever. Hopefully they find their game before the playoffs begin.
Zucker, new guy, scored both goals tonight. Team d sucks and Sid is off.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Even if all 5 of the other defensemen were injured. I'd still keep Trotman's ass super glued to the bench.

not a hint of argument from me, man. he's Real Bad and has never been more than, like, sniffing passable in an extremely limited role. just infuriating to dress him. and cough drop has his warts for sure, but trotman's made several more as bad or worse gaffes and keeps getting dressed, while bringing much less outside those gaffes, which...f*ck all the way off with that. F- roster management.

Reactions: Zero Pucks

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon

Imagine bitching about guys like Trotman, JJ, Sullivan or Simon when the reason you're losing games is because the captain is playing with his head up his ass.
it's damn near everyone not named Zucker playing like shit. knock it off with the know-it-all, condescending bullshit "ohh i can't BELIEVE you plebs think the REAL problems are with X Y and Z when they are CLEARLY with what i deem the REAL problems"

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Not close to a guarantee that we'd beat them in the playoffs this year.

First of all.....the lines don't make any sense.

It's like he wants to see guys who have trouble with scoring 15-20 goals, put up 40 goals.

Like he doesn't realize Jake was because of scouting. He thinks he made Jake score 40.

Shit's gone to his head.

I like the forward lines. The defense is really hampering us at the moment but still we had our chances the last two games particularly against LA.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
It's why I genuinely don't get why people are bitching about Sullivan, Trotman, Sheary or whoever. The reason they're losing games right now is because Crosby is playing like shit. If Crosby was playing to the level he should be playing at, at least 2 of the last 5 losses would be wins. Complaining about having a nagging knee injury when you're literally dying because of a gunshot wound doesn't make any sense.

I don’t know if he’s in 2018 I don’t want to try mode, if that much time off really affects his rhythm at 32, or if he’s just not 100%. Either way, not really good enough right now.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

I think Sid's even strength play is the biggest problem with this team, especially when you look at the big picture, this team has no chance of going anywhere unless he and his line plays better at even strength.

I'm waiting till Dumo comes back to see if anything changes with Sid's line.

Reactions: ownal

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

Trotman gave Anaheim their first goal. He handed it to them.

Sid was bad and has been bad. Geno was far worse tonight. Like that was '18-'19 Geno out there, I'll even invite Rondu to pile in on this one. But Trotman was brought in undeservedly and promptly conceded goals.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
@DesertPenguin whats up brother

56E4F82F-383E-4E96-87F6-551BF345E423.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad