Post-Game Talk: Cole's Minus/Minus Thread: The Pens duck a win to continue their impressive streak!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Love the Penguins

Jun 3, 2017
So five games ago the Penguins were in first place in the toughest division in the NHL; now they're about to miss the playoffs or get blown out in the first round, and Mike Sullivan should be fired (yet again). So much drama, so little perspective.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Zucker scored both of his goals away from Sid....

Either put him with Malkin or on line 3.

Marleau, Crosby, Sheary
Simon, Malkin, Rust
Zucker, McCann, Hornqvist
Lafferty, TB, Tanev

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Meh. Play the new guy he’s an NHL player. See how he fits. Laff ain’t changing the results

Yeah totally.

I am sure Rodrigues isn't moving the needle much. But I also have grown weary of Lafferty outside like his first 15 games.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
see my post...same thing...and you know we are in trouble when Geno makes the change just hopes on ice and we got scored on, he gets minus...that happened like 20 times last season...this is the first time this season...sign of reverse fortune ????? hope not...

His phantom minuses don't bother me. Even the selfish double-minor doesn't bother me that much. His terrible puck management and myriad turnovers bothered me. And that his perimeter slapshot has clearly regressed even as the rest of his game has looked fantastic (until tonight)

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
So five games ago the Penguins were in first place in the toughest division in the NHL; now they're about to miss the playoffs or get blown out in the first round, and Mike Sullivan should be fired (yet again). So much drama, so little perspective.
What is the perspective? Enlighten me.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I complained about the only guy that showed up. Pens hockey has fried my brain.

Zuck did look better away from Crosby. I've been floating a theory that he defers to much to the "Greatness of Sid" instead of playing his own game when he's with #87. Maybe put him with Geno or L3 for a bit. Lawd knows Rust needs to get back to the right wing.

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
E Rod should be sacrificed to famished Cannibals in primitive parts of Brazil!

26xplu.jpg

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I could care less about any of Sullivan’s other coaching decisions, but his decision to put Sid as the # 1 dude on this team with how we were rolling was the most egregious.

Geno should be the focus of the offense right now while he's on and Sid's not, but Sully also has to do a better job of putting guys who can cover for Sid's currently defensive struggles. Adding Sheary to that line was such an obvious mistake since it's compounding bad defense with more bad defense.

Honestly, Tanev should be tried with Sid and Zucker. Give that line a guy who can actually play defense, has the wheels to keep up, and isn't weak physically.

Reactions: Andy99

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Geno should be the focus of the offense right now while he's on and Sid's not, but Sully also has to do a better job of putting guys who can cover for Sid's currently defensive struggles. Adding Sheary to that line was such an obvious mistake since it's compounding bad defense with more bad defense.

There was no real reason to get Sheary other than to play with Sid.

ERod's ok, but we lost the best player in that deal. And a guy who could have fit well with Sid given an extended look.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
We aren’t putting it in the net but our best goal scorers are playing with each other.

Crosby, Malkin, Rust, Zucker, Hornqvist and McCann are our best goal scorers. Only McCann isn’t in the top 6 because of playing centre. Sheary’s last two seasons was scoring at a 24 goal per season pace.
I think you load up on the 1st 2 lines.

Tanev HAS to be a part of that conversation.

He's f***ing perfect. Does almost all of the handwork. Will get points, but is cost-controlled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad