Player Discussion: Cole Perfetti 10th OA Pick - signed ELC 9/11

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not sure what you are referencing but I agree with your point. When we are picking in the top 10 and have a chance to swing for the fences then why pass it up?

Colorado was a good team with a great base that backed into a top #5 pick and got a chance to add Makar. There was real risk involved in that pick but they swung for the fences and landed a massive piece to their contending roster.

Perfetti is that kind of asset potentially and Jets are in the ideal spot to take that chance.

Pretty much my thoughts on the pick. Cole has some question marks and areas in his game that he will need to improve but hes a top 3 talent and if he's as motivated to prove people wrong as he comes across the sky's the limit for him.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
What's that supposed to mean?! :sarcasm:

9wz3.gif

monty-python.gif

Cynicism...

It's rarely Perfectti at times...

:laugh:

Last edited:

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
There are never any guarantees in life but Perfetti has played centre (and wing) but says he prefers playing centre. Jets also have a gaping hole at Centre so my belief is he will be given every shot to fill that hole in the future. Time will tell I guess?

this is also the team that despite having a gaping hole at centre continued to not fix it long term.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
this is also the team that despite having a gaping hole at centre continued to not fix it long term.
Bryan Little was the definition of a 2nd line center.

Management can't predict that he would get a puck in the ear 7 games in to the season and end his career. It's nearly impossible to just pluck one out of thin air midseason as well without massive implications.

Stastny is honestly the best case scenario.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Bryan Little was the definition of a 2nd line center.

Management can't predict that he would get a puck in the ear 7 games in to the season and end his career. It's nearly impossible to just pluck one out of thin air midseason as well without massive implications.

Stastny is honestly the best case scenario.
Little has been no better than a 3rd line centre for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad