Player Discussion: Cole Perfetti 10th OA Pick - signed ELC 9/11

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
That is what I see as well. You have Copp take the dzone faceoffs and you station Perfetti up high like what the Pens used to do with Crosby. You look to gradually transition the defensive center responsibilities to Cole as he gets comfortable and gains experience.

I would be letting Cole take all offensive and and neutral zone faceoffs.
If there's an OHL season that includes Saginaw then that is where Perfetti should be. He's picked the league apart as a 17 year old sniper and an 18 year old play-making wing. I'd like him to get the chance to do it again as a 19 year old center.

enuffidiotsalready

Nov 25, 2019
If there's an OHL season that includes Saginaw then that is where Perfetti should be. He's picked the league apart as a 17 year old sniper and an 18 year old play-making wing. I'd like him to get the chance to do it again as a 19 year old center.
werd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

That was my plan for 21-22. I agree he should go back for another year provided there is one.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
**** Schiefele ****
**** Stastny ****
**** Copp ****
**** Lowry ****

Morrissey *****
***** Pionk

My 2 keys
a functioning 3rd scoring line with Lowry be able to anchor 4th not having Copp at his wing and make it work as a defensive 4th line.
Partner for Pionk hopefully Samberg can step up here. Then Morrissey just elevates. He needs to for the Jets sake.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
**** Schiefele ****
**** Stastny ****
**** Copp ****
**** Lowry ****

Morrissey *****
***** Pionk

My 2 keys
a functioning 3rd scoring line with Lowry be able to anchor 4th not having Copp at his wing and make it work as a defensive 4th line.
Partner for Pionk hopefully Samberg can step up here. Then Morrissey just elevates. He needs to for the Jets sake.
Putting Roslo and Apples with Copp would potentially give you a scoring 3rd line. Don't count out Jack yet..he could still blossom.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Maybe before his injury. Not now.
After his injury he scored the same amount of goals as our top bottom 6 scorer, Roslovic, and 7 less points in 30 less games in addition to having better possession metrics than most of our team.

I'm ignoring the 7 Florida games because I don't put much stock into playing for a new team for that brief of a time (and it doesn't help support my argument :P )

He scored at a 1.63 points per 60 minutes to Roslovic's, who again, was our best in this category, 1.49. As Garret has mentioned average 3rd line scoring is just below 1.5.

To clarify his possession stats and P/60 are both including his 7 games with Florida, which brought it down.

Editx20: I actually thought the injury happened right at the beginning of the season/preseason and most if not all of his numbers this season were post injury, I'll look more into it.

EDIT 82: No I'm pretty sure you're talking about the fact that he missed most of the season a couple seasons ago. This past season he was better than our entire bottom 6, and not by a little.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingBogo

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
After his injury he scored the same amount of goals as our top bottom 6 scorer, Roslovic, and 7 less points in 30 less games in addition to having better possession metrics than most of our team.

I'm ignoring the 7 Florida games because I don't put much stock into playing for a new team for that brief of a time (and it doesn't help support my argument :P )

He scored at a 1.63 points per 60 minutes to Roslovic's, who again, was our best in this category, 1.49. As Garret has mentioned average 3rd line scoring is just below 1.5.

To clarify his possession stats and P/60 are both including his 7 games with Florida, which brought it down.

Editx20: I actually thought the injury happened right at the beginning of the season/preseason and most if not all of his numbers this season were post injury, I'll look more into it.

EDIT 82: No I'm pretty sure you're talking about the fact that he missed most of the season a couple seasons ago. This past season he was better than our entire bottom 6, and not by a little.

Was he playing C this past season? IIRC, I read that a consequence of his injury was that he stopped playing C. Correct me if mistaken.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Was he playing C this past season? IIRC, I read that a consequence of his injury was that he stopped playing C. Correct me if mistaken.
Every game I watched he was, and based on his faceoff numbers he was, but definitely not impossible that he played some on the wing. For those who like people that can take faceoffs he also would have been the best on the team for anybody who's coming back this year but behind Eakin/Shore.

He was also centering Huberdeau and Hoffman in Florida.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Every game I watched he was, and based on his faceoff numbers he was, but definitely not impossible that he played some on the wing. For those who like people that can take faceoffs he also would have been the best on the team for anybody who's coming back this year but behind Eakin/Shore.

He was also centering Huberdeau and Hoffman in Florida.

Hmmmm ..... OK, maybe worth considering. :)

Reactions: Atoyot

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
Ok. Watched another Perfetti video.

What stood out this time was that he scores off the cycle, off the rush, on the power play even a couple SH. And yes even empty netters.

I’ve tried to slow down the video a couple of times when he dangles someone. It’s kind of crazy he gives the impression to the defender that he is vulnerable with a slight pause, the defender bites and he’s around them.

I know he’s not the great one but if I keep watching these vids I’m sure he will be close.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Ok. Watched another Perfetti video.

What stood out this time was that he scores off the cycle, off the rush, on the power play even a couple SH. And yes even empty netters.

I’ve tried to slow down the video a couple of times when he dangles someone. It’s kind of crazy he gives the impression to the defender that he is vulnerable with a slight pause, the defender bites and he’s around them.

I know he’s not the great one but if I keep watching these vids I’m sure he will be close.
He makes so much space. He gets defenders to bite. He likes to get a defenders feet moving one way then go the other way.

He could potentially be the exact type of player to mesh with Laine, imo.
Laine doesn't get a shot off quickly and doesn't have great hands in tight. But that's fine. If Perfetti can be that guy to buy him that space, my god, look out. Laine would have the lanes he needs to let them rip

Last edited:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
He makes so much space. He gets defenders to bite. He likes to get a defenders feet moving one way then go the other way.

He could potentially be the exact type of player to mesh with Laine, imo.
Laine doesn't get a shot off quickly and doesn't have great hands in tight. But that's fine. If Perfetti can be that guy to buy him that space, my god, look out. Laine would have the lanes he needs to let them rip

I drool at the thought of this being the center for Laine/Ehlers. Ehlers with zone exits, entries and a darn dangerous shot on his own. Perfetti being able to control the puck so well in tight close to the net and with a lethal shot that won't allow for cheating towards Laine. Not sure if Perfetti is a better skater than Laine at this point but if Laine ends up being the trailer while Perfetti picks up a drop pass from Ehlers after gaining the zone....:eek2:

Plus you just know Ehlers will have done two or three east-west laps in the time the other two get to the zone.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
He plays solid defense for a junior aged player. Like all young players he will need to work hard at it as he moves up to the NHL.

Great that is positive thing. It won’t take much to be our best defensive top 6 player. I’m hoping he can change things for us

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Great that is positive thing. It won’t take much to be our best defensive top 6 player. I’m hoping he can change things for us

Well he says he wants to emulate Braydon Point and he plays a solid all around game so I hope he continues to grow it.

Honestly I think most of our players would be competent defensively if they were properly coached there.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Well he says he wants to emulate Braydon Point and he plays a solid all around game so I hope he continues to grow it.

Honestly I think most of our players would be competent defensively if they were properly coached there.

Even though I’m not the hugest fan of Maurice I think our players just suck defensively. Lowry and Copp are good. Laine is becoming our best top 6 defence player. That’s the problem with picking BPA , it’s the best offensive player available

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Even though I’m not the hugest fan of Maurice I think our players just suck defensively. Lowry and Copp are good. Laine is becoming our best top 6 defence player. That’s the problem with picking BPA , it’s the best offensive player available

Well according to Maurice Conner makes all the correct reads defensively and they don't have to coach him any longer. Either Maurice is lying through is teeth to the media or he legit doesn't recognize all the poor things Conner does in his own end for one reason or another.

Reactions: Howard Chuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad