Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] F Casey Mittelstadt signs extension with the Avalanche (3 years, $5.75M AAV)

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Seems like a very solid deal for the Avs. Surprised he agreed to 3yrs vs 2 at that amount...

If it's like...$5M @ 2 years vs $5.75M @ 3 years, i think it makes sense for Mittens. I doubt he's going to make that much more than $5.75M on that "next deal" and it's locked in with security this way. It's not like he'll be an "old" UFA at that point anyway. Still easy to get that long-term big money deal to sail off into the sunset.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Seems like a pretty solid deal for both sides. Maybe a little much but could be a steal just as easily and term is low so it's not super risky. Obviously hoping to get paid next contract and it's unlikely that'll be by the Avs so I think this is great.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Solid deal for a solid 2c. Would rather mitts at that cap hit than Kadri for 7 mil.
If you're looking at age and term because of Kadri's age going forward, sure. If you're just looking at a 1.25 million difference in cap, Kadri brings a lot more currently at 7 million than you're getting with 5.75.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Seems like a pretty solid deal for both sides. Maybe a little much but could be a steal just as easily and term is low so it's not super risky. Obviously hoping to get paid next contract and it's unlikely that'll be by the Avs so I think this is great.

I think both sides will ultimately end up very happy.

Mitts looked alright in his time in Colorado. He doesn’t always jump off the screen but did at points in Buffalo, he strikes me as a guy who’d take some time adjusting to a new team, and he’s now got 3 years to learn under Mac.

..I’d point to Reinhart as a perfect comparison. Different styles, maybe Reino’s hockey IQ makes him better overall, but he took a bridge deal in a place he knew he’d have the opportunity to look good. Now he gets paid. Mitts will follow the same path to some degree.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I think both sides will ultimately end up very happy.

Mitts looked alright in his time in Colorado. He doesn’t always jump off the screen but did at points in Buffalo, he strikes me as a guy who’d take some time adjusting to a new team, and he’s now got 3 years to learn under Mac.

..I’d point to Reinhart as a perfect comparison. Different styles, maybe Reino’s hockey IQ makes him better overall, but he took a bridge deal in a place he knew he’d have the opportunity to look good. Now he gets paid. Mitts will follow the same path to some degree.
I feel like Mitts is somehow a little underrated here. I think he was one of the main reason why Avs beat Jets in 5 games. He made Parise look like a top 6 player in that series and set up Lehkonen multiple times. Can't wait to see him in a full season with the Avs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad