LD Zeev Buium - University of Denver, NCAA (2024, 12th, MIN)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
NCAA factor is the only reason anyone should have been hesitant on this guy. Future Norris contender

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Predictable “fall” for a guy without any standout projectable skills who benefited massively from being the only halfway decent American prospect this year. Has a pretty good shot at being a steady top-4 guy for the Wild and a solid pick in hindsight but teams ahead were just looking for stronger ceiling and/or floor.
He didn't play well at the WJC or anything, Or prove himself at the NCAA level. Another bad pick by the Wild I guess…

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
As a Hawks fan I hope this doesn't pan out.

As a Buium fan, I hope we don't get burned too hard on picking Lev while Zeev falls to the middle of the first.

Watched a lot of Denver & Michigan State games, and must say that I'd be a miserable pro scout because Buium looked to be elite in my eyes.
I think Levshunov rounds out Chicago's top 4 going forward very well.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's pretty shocking he dropped this much. I expected him to go ahead of Parekh.

The only explanation I can think of is he inteviewed poorly?
Naw, it's all about the shortage of RHD's, and a run on forward talent. Silayev and Dickinson were also picked way lower than they should've been. I think most felt that the 4 top Dmen in the draft were Lev, Silayev, Buium, and Dickinson, in no particular order.

I heard he picked the wrong animal.
stinky ferret?

Reactions: wetcoast

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Naw, it's all about the shortage of RHD's, and a run on forward talent. Silayev and Dickinson were also picked way lower than they should've been. I think most felt that the 4 top Dmen in the draft were Lev, Silayev, Buium, and Dickinson, in no particular order.

stinky ferret?

Na, starfish.

His answer to the money in the toilet question also apparently disturbed scouts.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Predictable “fall” for a guy without any standout projectable skills who benefited massively from being the only halfway decent American prospect this year. Has a pretty good shot at being a steady top-4 guy for the Wild and a solid pick in hindsight but teams ahead were just looking for stronger ceiling and/or floor.
lol

johnnystormcgy

May 26, 2007
It's pretty shocking he dropped this much. I expected him to go ahead of Parekh.

The only explanation I can think of is he inteviewed poorly?
I was thinking the same thing, I thought he was going to be at least the second dman off the board, possibly first.

I would have thought the Flames would take him with Hunter in the system, but very interesting nonetheless.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I was thinking the same thing, I thought he was going to be at least the second dman off the board, possibly first.

I would have thought the Flames would take him with Hunter in the system, but very interesting nonetheless.

HP said Buium is like a "more physical Adam Fox." I kept thinking of that analogy during the draft and figured no way the Flames would take Buium. LOL.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Crazy this dude fell to 12.

Found it interesting the 3 RHD all went before the LHD. I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Shocked the sharks took dickinson over him but I guess they wanted some more size on the back end. I think Calgary went with Parekh over Buium because of the American/NCAA factor. Theyve seen Fox, Gaudreau and Tkachuk all leave recently and probably didnt want a chance for repeat.

I think in 5+ years hes going to be regarded as the best D and people will be scratching their heads how he went this late.

chamchibap

Jun 15, 2018
Wow!! How did Minny trade Luchanko and a 3rd for Buium?? I think this is an enormous steal for Minny now and will only get better. Wow. Still can’t believe it. Will be interesting to revisit in 5 years. So jealous!

UnimatrixZero

Dec 7, 2019
Crazy this dude fell to 12.

Found it interesting the 3 RHD all went before the LHD. I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Shocked the sharks took dickinson over him but I guess they wanted some more size on the back end. I think Calgary went with Parekh over Buium because of the American/NCAA factor. Theyve seen Fox, Gaudreau and Tkachuk all leave recently and probably didnt want a chance for repeat.

I think in 5+ years hes going to be regarded as the best D and people will be scratching their heads how he went this late.
I think you nailed it - I would have taken Buium ahead of Parekh but the Flames keep getting burned by NCAA players.

Reactions: Star Platinum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad