Confirmed Trade: [COL/BUF] Casey Mittelstadt for Bowen Byram

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
If Bo stays healthy, I think he will do very well in Buffalo. Seems to have chemistry with lots of the guys there already. Bo has a very high ceiling and unfortunately it just wasn’t looking like it was going to be reached here. If he gets back to how he was in the 22 playoffs, Sabres are going to have an absolute stud. Bo is going to be missed.

Happy to have Mitts and hope he able to thrive with the Avs.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
it will happen. Byram already has his first goal for the Sabers 5 minutes into his career there. Byram will be better than Power very soon.

Does Power shoot like that?

You guys won this trade. You’re more likely to get 20 year old Stanley Cup Byram playing him away from RyJo and Manson or Jack Johnson.
Power has a decent shot when he is around where byram was.

He hasnt done much in jumping plays on offense going inside th jr faceoff dots not counting some board thing

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Power has a decent shot when he is around where byram was.

He hasnt done much in jumping plays on offense going inside th jr faceoff dots not counting some board thing
Byram does that a lot. A lot. But he’s super fast so he can recover. More fast than quick.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Hope it’s the first of many for Bo in Buffalo.

If he gets an extended opportunity to play with Dahlin and they somehow make room for him on PP1, I think Buffalo fans with be very happy with his development.

I didn’t think he’d get put in a prime spot, but I’ll happily admit I was wrong.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Buffalo will win this trade by a lot. But Avs needed a 2C badly. More than they needed Byram to lose his hair playing with JJ and RyJo.
Yeah, but I don't think Bo had much of a chance here. Next to impossible to beat out Makar/Toews for prime playing time. He'll kill it with his BFFS in Buffalo. They'll probably move Power for a forward.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
For Buffalo, this kinda feels like paying $20 to flip a coin that pays you either $10 or $25.

While there is potential upside, it just doesn't really look like great odds.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Buffalo will win this trade by a lot. But Avs needed a 2C badly. More than they needed Byram to lose his hair playing with JJ and RyJo.
Interesting. You said you wouldn’t trade Byram for Quinn Hughes but you’re ok getting a 2nd line centre for Byram. Hughes is a top 5 player in the game.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
McDavid
MacKinnon
Draisaitl
Matthews
Makar
Kucherov
Pasta

Etc.. definitely not top 5.
OK Top 8…. perhaps i’m biased. But that poster made a fool of himself. Other than Makar I’m not taking another D ahead of him. Drai is lazy as hell defensively and so is the Pigman.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
This trade is definitely going to age poorly.
i get the Avs wanted to keep his salary down for a few years and wait for Toews to regress but they made a poor decision on this. This is going to.age really poorly.

Yeah, but I don't think Bo had much of a chance here. Next to impossible to beat out Makar/Toews for prime playing time. He'll kill it with his BFFS in Buffalo. They'll probably move Power for a forward.
good to see you mate, I can see why your not around the Avs board much anymore

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Put Bo next to Dahlin is the smart move. The two puck moving elite skating offensive pairing is exactly how modern NHL teams should be building. Both Dahlin and Bo are also not complete liabilities in the D zone; they just need to not be deployed there as much as possible and keep the game about transitions; with lots of pinching; lots of backchecking and puck rushing.

Power IMO isn't nearly as offensively gifted as either of Bo and Dahlin and for sure he doesn't have Bo's straight line speed to transition from offense to defensive backcheck. Get Power a pure defensive RHD like Tanev in the off season. Get that pairing to be the shutdown pairing that isn't a blackhole offensively and I think the Sabres will look good next year.

Last edited:

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
oh yes easily , I don't think think ypu relaise what tour getting

you'll see this guy is a stud
I don't think you realize how good Power will be.

See how stupid and circular this kind of argument is?

Put Bo next to Dahlin is the smart move. The two puck moving elite skating offensive pairing is exactly how modern NHL teams should be building. Both Dahlin and Bo are also not complete liabilities in the D zone; they just need to not be deployed there as much as possible and keep the game about transitions; with lots of pinching; lots of backchecking and puck rushing.

Power IMO isn't nearly as offensively gifted as either of Bo and Dahlin and for sure he doesn't have Bo's straight line speed to transition from offense to defensive backcheck.
Dahlin isn't a liability in the D zone. You are 3 years behind in your valuations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad