Confirmed Trade: [COL/BUF] Casey Mittelstadt for Bowen Byram

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Casey will do well in Colorado. MacKinnon finally has support down the middle. We all know Nate is a monster but he still needs help in the playoffs and can't do it all himself down the middle.

Avs forwards are looking pretty decent now. If Landeskog returns for the playoffs, the Avs once again are right at the top for offense.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Casey will do well in Colorado. MacKinnon finally has support down the middle. We all know Nate is a monster but he still needs help in the playoffs and can't do it all himself down the middle.

Avs forwards are looking pretty decent now. If Landeskog returns for the playoffs, the Avs once again are right at the top for offense.

Even with their struggles and lack of 2C they're still the highest scoring team right now.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
You completely polluted sound logic.

Colorado doesn’t have defense problems. They have Girard, Manson, and Walker as their 3-5.

After 1-3, Buffalo has an okay 4 or 5 in Jokiharju, and basically nothing else. Johnson could be something, but upside isn’t high and he’s still very inexperienced. Adding a top 4 defenseman is something that Buffalo needed to do and you know that.

Ryan Johnson has been quite good. I think you’re underestimating him a bit. His ceiling isn’t super high, but his floor is.

The biggest issue with Buffalo's team defense over the last couple seasons, tbf, is probably how little our forwards have contributed to it, and we just traded our only center with a defensive conscience.

Last edited:

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Mittlestadt is going to star in Colorado. I'm interested in seeing what he's going to do with an increased offensive role.

Probably get pushed off the puck more.

Mittelstadt was the most frustrating player to watch. A week or so ago, I just couldnt take watching him anymore. I just once want to see some aggression and fire with Mittelstadt. Only time I have seen it was when he is giving the puck away and then racing back trying to catch up, he never does catch up because he isnt a very good skater.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Ryan Johnson has been quite good. I think you’re underestimating him a bit. His ceiling isn’t super high, but his floor is.

The biggest issue with Buffalo's team defense over the last couple seasons, tbf, is probably how little our forwards have contributed to it, and we just traded our only center with a defensive conscience.

Yep, I’d urge outside fans to watch a Buffalo game or two. It’s a clinic in how guys can be individually talented, not make glaring mistakes, and yet all 5 guys end up going the wrong way after a turnover. You gotta go back and watch 2-3 tiny miscues to explain the f*** up, it’s really fun figuring out those things a coach would be taking care of.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
Neither Laughton, nor Bjugstad are 2Cs.

Neither Kulich, nor Savoie are likely to play C so i don't see how them being ready for the NHL refutes his point. Also I would take Pesce at 7x7 all day every day. Gimme gimme gimme. Most of the Sabres board would too.
Where are Savoie or Kulich "not likely" to play C coming from?

I'm glad you're not the GM then. We don't need a Vlasic 2.0 contract on this team

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Lekhonen - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Nikushkin - Mittelstadt - Drouin
Wood - Colton - LOC
Parise - Cogliano - Wagner

x - Kiviranta

Much improved offensive group with a just okay bottom 6. Missing Landeskog hurts. I still think they could use one more top 6 guy like Guentzel.

It wasn't even funny how bad the Avs needly a #2C since Kadri left.

Last edited:

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Many don’t like this for Buffalo but I do.

They have a logjam at C with:
Thompson
Cozens
Mittlested
Krebs
Ohlund - coming up soon

It’s a smart more to trade from position of strength. Their center won’t suffer in the near future and they add a top 4 D.

I think Mittlsted is nice but he is not going to outproducr Thompson and Cozens…

Cozens might move to wing where he seems better suited. He’s spent time there this season.

Krebs hasn’t even shown that he is going to stick as an NHLer. Most Sabres fans wanted him sent down earlier this year before his waiver eligibility expired.

Ohlund is at least 2 years away from cracking the Sabres lineup.

Even Thompson isn’t really a traditional center.

Sabres actually really lack strong centers, so this move really kind of baffles me.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Buffalo can easily take that type of trade. Byram have concessions problems, but he is still young and have huge potential.

Great add for Colorado, Casey Mittelstadt is a very talented top 6 player. He is going to shine with a team like Colorado!

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I think Byram has a higher ceiling, but Avs needed another C. I like this trade - a lot of teams woudl ahve haggled over that last 5th rounder being added lol. Player for player. love it.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Right. The only way of building a good team is overpaying for declining vets in FA. Trademark of a great GM.
Yep, definitely shouldn't trade for or sign a 29 year old established D man with a history of being on a winning team because he is very clearly cooked in the NHL. 29 is waaayyy too old to sign.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Sabres scoring issues come from having a bottom 5 PP.

We're 12th in 5v5 scoring ahead of the Jets and just behind Vegas.

Yep. The PP is atrocious. I was at last night's game and on two delayed penalties the Sabres opted to just dump the pike in the Leafs zone and lose possession rather than try for a 6 on 5 goal. Honestly, no idea what they are doing on PP but that's the issue.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I love Andersson, but if Adams moves Power for him when he has plenty of other pieces to get it done, I will be irate. Also none of those guys are 2Cs so I'd be extremely concerned.
Why would they trade Power for a 28 year old guy with two years of term left. Build that team around Dahlin, Power and Dahlin. Bury Levi in the minors for a year. If Bo can get by the concussion issues he can be a game changer. Middle Start is a decent 2nd line centre. I take a healthy Bo Byram all day every day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad