Confirmed Trade: [COL/BUF] Casey Mittelstadt for Bowen Byram

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I do know that. I would have just liked one that can play D and/or isn't injured 50% of the time and/or is right handed, but we got one who doesn't check any one of those boxes. We already have a D filled with left handed, puck movers. Byram adds nothing we don't already have in spades.
Byram if he figures it out is a Dahlin or Power. He can be a do it all 1D. I agree about the injuries and not being RH hurts. The Sabres should still try to acquire a top 4 RHD to run Samuelsson-Dahlin, Power-New RHD, Byram-Jokiharju. Trade some of the prospect forwards that won’t have a spot. Middlestadt was surprise to requirements. Traded him for a player with much greater upside who is younger.

Ryan Johnson has been quite good. I think you’re underestimating him a bit. His ceiling isn’t super high, but his floor is.

The biggest issue with Buffalo's team defense over the last couple seasons, tbf, is probably how little our forwards have contributed to it, and we just traded our only center with a defensive conscience.
I get that, but if no one plays defense isn’t that more about the coaching?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
It cracks me up how cocksure some people are regarding what teams wins or loses a trade, seconds after it happened.
Normally I am with you, but this is definitely a win for Colorado in my eyes. Not at all sold on Byram’s ability to make an effective read. Mittelstadt is a very clever and efficient two way possession monster.

Reactions: Spirits and Daz28

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Normally I am with you, but this is definitely a win for Colorado in my eyes. Not at all sold on Byram’s ability to make an effective read. Mittelstadt is a very clever and efficient two way possession monster.
He’s 22. Byram had some nice games against the Wild. byram makes a few sick plays every game. Lots of clever Dzome passes. Holds the blue line really well. Creates a lot of off sides. When he’s skating full speed, very few can keep up. He hits a lot and blocks a lot of shots. Way more than Mitts.

Byram had a brutal deployment this season. On his off hand for most of it. Playing, by far, the most minutes with RyJo. Manson made a few brutal mistakes that put Byram in some bad situations. His PDO was that of an unlucky player until his luck turned about 5 weeks ago and he’s been playing well since.

He is injury prone. Two years in a row of some leg ailment.

He’ll surpass Power pretty soon in your pecking order. You’ll see. Buffalo will easily win this trade if Byram stays healthy.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Not bloody likely.
it will happen. Byram already has his first goal for the Sabers 5 minutes into his career there. Byram will be better than Power very soon.

Does Power shoot like that?

You guys won this trade. You’re more likely to get 20 year old Stanley Cup Byram playing him away from RyJo and Manson or Jack Johnson.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alienblood

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Easy words to say from someone who hasn't already been waiting for 13 years. You don't even know what patience means.
Byram has no PP goals. Kid will shine playing with better players than Avs middle six. Wait until he gets PP time. He’ll score 15-20 routinely.

Don’t be surprised if Byram heads your team in ice time either. Bednar played him a ton of 5 vs 5 minutes.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
it will happen. Byram already has his first goal for the Sabers 5 minutes into his career there. Byram will be better than Power very soon.

Does Power shoot like that?

You guys won this trade. You’re more likely to get 20 year old Stanley Cup Byram playing him away from RyJo and Manson or Jack Johnson.
Being better than Power isn't a huge accomplishment

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad