Confirmed Trade: [COL/ARI] Darcy Kuemper ($1M ret.) for Connor Timmins, '22 1st, and '24 cond. 3rd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
AVs are among the best teams in the league in shot suppression and Grubs is still constantly injured. Kuempher is also frequently injured, but considering his shot numbers are likely double the average compared to the AVs.

Hate the overpayment, but Kuempher might help in getting past the 2nd round. Trade allows Sakic a year to solve future Goalie problems. I believe they're even stronger after this deal.
Agreed. You mailed it. They are better now than when they went into the playoffs. Key reason is alos signing makar long term .

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
But from what that poster said, Arizona as presently constructed is just awful.

The team actually hasn't gotten any worse other than losing Garland. They will go get a solid goalie that isn't Hutton. There are many talented rookies looking to make the roster and it will all be coached by Tourigny, who is lightyears ahead of Rick Tocchet's garbage.

This is a team that finished 11th. They aren't suddenly the worst team in the league.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
So what, the suspensions didn't happen? And Darcy never gets injured?

Do you colorado boys live in a fantasy parallel world or something ?

Colorado has the better top line. Vegas clearly has more depth in top 6 and top 9, after you have lost Donskoi, Saad, Soderberg, etc.

Colorado has better set of PMDs, Vegas has more defensively responsible D-men that can key top opposition. Although both teams have strengths on D.

Goaltending is about a wash , if you don't look at injury histories.
Who is a Colorado boy? Not a fan of either team but its plain to see who the favorite coming out of the west is. Just happens the hockey experts and people who make their actual living analyzing hockey agree with what I said. There is a chance neither team makes it but Colorado is best equipped right now to do so. The strength of Mackinnon makar and Darcy down the middle makes this an easy smart pick

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The team actually hasn't gotten any worse other than losing Garland. They will go get a solid goalie that isn't Hutton. There are many talented rookies looking to make the roster and it will all be coached by Tourigny, who is lightyears ahead of Rick Tocchet's garbage.

This is a team that finished 11th. They aren't suddenly the worst team in the league.
This is a team that just added Andrew Ladd, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, and Jay Beagle. Those four are going to play, and that alone makes the Coyotes much, much worse.

For all of OEL's warts, he's better than Gostisbehere.

They lost their starting, backup AND 3rd string goaltenders.

So yes, they are going to be arguably the worst team in the NHL next season along with Buffalo.

Reactions: RemoAZ and cobra427

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
That’s an arbitrary benchmark. And even so, it’s still net 20.

I don't know what you meant by "net 20." Not 20? What would you prefer to use as a benchmark rather than games played?

The point was that the difference between picks #10 and #30 is about the same as the one between #30 and #75.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
This is a team that just added Andrew Ladd, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, and Jay Beagle. Those four are going to play, and that alone makes the Coyotes much, much worse.

So yes, they are going to be arguably the worst team in the NHL next season along with Buffalo.
Worst team in the NHl for sure, 50 points is the over/under for the year.

Reactions: RemoAZ

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Pretty much any goalie transaction that happened would've been better than a 1st/Timmons for Kuemper...

• Signing Grubauer for the deal he got would've been better. - money wise long term is it?
  • Trading a 3rd for Nedeljkovic would've been better. - proven? was his availability even public
  • Just taking on Fluery's contract (if he would play for you) - hinders any additions sakic is already chasing/deadline etc..
  • ...Or trade for Lehner
  • Halak/Mrazek as a free place holder until something else opens up - yes potentials, unless they didn't want to come to colorado
  • Freddie Andersen - trust him? + did he want colorado? talking same injury concerns and consistency
  • Call Florida before the expansion draft and make a deal for Driedger - proven?

I mean it's almost like Sakic zigged 10 times in a row when all he had to do was zag just once. He's done so much right over the past 5 years, but this is just horrible GMing. Like Peter Chiarelli level.

Headcrush19

Jul 2, 2021

Jay Beagle,Loui Erickson, Roussel aren't all going to play.There are reports I've heard that he Erickson might retire and Beagle is having health problems and might not be able to continue playing hockey.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Jay Beagle,Loui Erickson, Roussel aren't all going to play.There are reports I've heard that he Erickson might retire and Beagle is having health problems and might not be able to continue playing hockey.
Regardless, the Coyotes roster is horrific. That team is finishing either 31st or 32nd, whichever of the Arizona/Buffalo goaltenders play worse.

Reactions: RemoAZ

tim212

Apr 1, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Yeah, except all they seem to do is develop and then trade away once players establish themselves. Never seems to be any end game with that organization.

Like who?

They've locked up Keller, Schmultz, Chycrun and Dvorak to long term deals and traded away Garland.

Who are these valuable young studs they've traded away?

feffan

Sep 9, 2010
Malmö
I’ve read them all. The benchmarks are always arbitrary and if you agreed with them (which no one would) they still don’t support you.
Of course it's arbitrary. But the truth is a late 1st haven't got the value average HFboarders think. And that was the main point in the first post.
And for the argument: if Colorado had the same management for 10 years and always picked 10, 30 and 75. Yes. The players picked 30 and 75 would on average have more in common career wise than 10 and 30. Is that the thing u disagree with? Or r u arguing sematics just for the fun off it?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Horrible management decision from Colorado. The difference between the two goaltenders isn’t worth losing Timmons and a first rounder.

Do they think they’re not going to have to pay Kuemper the same type money on an extension, or lose him for nothing?

Sakic blinked on this and it bit him.

Reactions: Eegs and Griefer

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Horrible management decision from Colorado. The difference between the two goaltenders isn’t worth losing Timmons and a first rounder.

Do they think they’re not going to have to pay Kuemper the same type money on an extension, or lose him for nothing?

Not really, I don’t think the avs wanted long term on Gru. Good goalie but in 3 years with the avs and the same with Washington, he just doesn’t carry a team in the playoffs. I’d rather take a chance on Kuemper. First round picks are nice but when your in win now mode I’d rather have a solid goalie

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com

I mentioned this in a previous post, but I think Kuemper will be a little less aggressive with his next contract ask. He has already played for three NHL teams, and only a starter in AZ for two-ish seasons. I think he would be happy with a 4mx5 or 5mx5 type deal to have some stability and stay on a winning team, just a gut feeling. That extra 1-2m in savings plus the fact that he is a notch above Grubauer could become a huge get for Colorado.

Reactions: Bender

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Of course it's arbitrary. But the truth is a late 1st haven't got the value average HFboarders think. And that was the main point in the first post.
And for the argument: if Colorado had the same management for 10 years and always picked 10, 30 and 75. Yes. The players picked 30 and 75 would on average have more in common career wise than 10 and 30. Is that the thing u disagree with? Or r u arguing sematics just for the fun off it?
No. Semantics is looking at some pointless benchmark like 100gp. Analysis is looking at names and thinking critically about it.

I went back ten years, and looked at that draft, and the three preceding it:

8- Boedker
9- Bailey
10- Hodgson
11- Beach
12- Myers
--
28- Tikhonov
29- Leveille
30- McCollum
31- Markstrom
32- Voynov
--
73- Petrov
74- Campbell
75- Grachev
76- Brodeur
77- Hutchinson

8- Glennie
9- Cowen
10- MPS
11- Ellis
12- CDH
--
28- Olsen
29- Ashton
30- Despres
31- Ferraro
32- O'Reilly
--
73- Urbom
74- Howse
75- Nestrasil
76- Bobkov
77- Hackett

8- Burmistrov
9- Granlund
10- McIlrath
11- Campbell
12- Fowler
--
28- Coyle
29- Etem
30- Nelson
31- Pitlick
32- Knight
--
73- Leach
74- Gardiner
75- Sundher
76- Culek
77- Guptill

8- Couturier
9- Hamilton
10- Brodin
11- Siemans
12- Murphy
--
28- Phillips
29- Jensen
30- Rakell
31- Musil
32- Rattie
--
73- Lowe
74- Ewanyk
75- Coleman
76- Shaw
77- Catenacci
---
2008 - The around 30 group is better than the around 10 group. The around 75 group generated nothing.
2009 - The around 30 group is tied with the around 10 group. The around 75 group generated nothing.
2010 - The around 30 group is better than the around 10 group. The around 75 group generated nothing.
2011 - The around 10 group was great. The around 75 group had Coleman. The around 75 group had nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad