Confirmed Trade: [COL/ARI] Darcy Kuemper ($1M ret.) for Connor Timmins, '22 1st, and '24 cond. 3rd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Can they announce this?

I am somewhat worried that Armstrong is extracting more and more out of Sakic the longer this takes...

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
So
instead of paying Grubauer, they now lost a 1st and a good prospect to get a different goalie, that might not even be better than Grub (I personally think he's a little better, but the injury risk makes it a wash). Thats an F for Sakic

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
So
instead of paying Grubauer, they now lost a 1st and a good prospect to get a different goalie, that might not even be better than Grub (I personally think he's a little better, but the injury risk makes it a wash). Thats an F for Sakic
Haven't we learned by now that cap space is literally the most important in the NHL today? Colorado gets their starter at 3.5M instead of 5.9M. Instead of having 6M had they re-signed Grubauer now they have 8.5M to sign someone.

spot

Aug 26, 2007
Sakic rolled the dice here. He didn't want to pay Grubby (who is overrated and right now seriously overpaid) and was hoping to pick up a comparable on the cheap. The market shrank and he paid the price.

Haha overrated?

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
wow, what a haul. i guess trading in the division costs + a little desperation on sakic's part?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Haha overrated?

Yeah. A Vezina finalist who was thrown on the scrap heap and then given an outrageous UFA contract. Sakic would have been a genius if he had acted a little sooner. He didn't and paid the price. Kuemper will be better guaranteed. Francis went all in for some reason. Based on his activity to date I would say he had a stroke?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
wow, what a haul. i guess trading in the division costs + a little desperation on sakic's part?

Replace the little with massive and you are somewhat close....

If Kuemper doesn't win the Avs a cup and walks next year, this will be a serious stain on Sakics reputation as a GM.

Oh well. I guess atleast the Avs still have plenty of capspace to make some bad moves now like signing Tomas Tatar. Not much else out there that I like and we really can't afford to make another bigger trade now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad